PDA

View Full Version : Huntington Beach 6-9-2007

boxl0bster
06-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey guys after the great advice i got from some of you and from using the search function here i decided to go out to HB for some surf fishing. it was my first time and i went with my gf. we got there around 830am and started to fish once rigged up. used 1/2 oz sliding sinker but the waves were pretty strong so we used 1oz. took awhile to adjust to the waves and determine if its a bite or just the wave sucking your line out/in haha. so after about an hour we started to catch some surf perch. ended the day with 4 i got 3 and my gf got 1. released them all back to nemo. :P we had lots of fun but the sand is a pain to deal with, but i think ill be going back again real soon. :D

my setup was a sliding sinker 1oz with a barrel swivel and 2ft leader with a #6 owner mosquito hook and gulp camo sandworms.

oh yeah forgot to mention the gulp worm bag opened in my tackle bag and spilled the nasty juice all over my tackle boxes etc..... :oops:

ghetto dad
06-11-2007, 02:54 PM
great job bro!!!! and yuck about that juice...lol.....

jplee3
06-11-2007, 03:05 PM
WTG on the fish! Yea, that's what I hate most about the Gulp! stuff - the bags open up easily and spill! And if you leave them out and open, the stuff will also dry out bad inside :x So right now, my stuff is in a larger plastic ziplock bag in the fridge. I just hope none of it accidentally finds its way into my food one of these days :D :D