PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Disney World?

City Dad
02-06-2009, 04:22 PM
We're going in April..

I've heard that there is some fishing in the area

Anyone ever fished around there?

Appreciate any insight.

sansou
02-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Wait a second...I don't detect any sarcasm in your post! Has the cup runneth dry of edgy witticism just because we are in a "recession"? :LOL:

Have a good trip out there Tim...if your kids like rollercoasters be sure to hop on the "Yeti". Can't help you with the Orlando / Kissimmee (sp?) bass fishing scene, but I do recommend you stock up on soda and water PRIOR to entering the Disney compound (assuming you stay on the resort) or you'll be shelling out up to $5 for a bottle of water with Mickey's face on it!!

Ricky-Ray
02-06-2009, 04:39 PM
How long are you gonna be there? I went there about 2 years ago for a week and I didn't even get the chance to go fish. Everyday we were at one of the other parks and we spent all day at each park. We did have one day of rest where we didn't go to the parks and just did whatever but I was so tired we wound up just relaxing at the hotel all day long.

Ricky-Ray
02-06-2009, 04:43 PM
I do recommend you stock up on soda and water PRIOR to entering the Disney compound (assuming you stay on the resort) or you'll be shelling out up to $5 for a bottle of water with Mickey's face on it!!

That I definitely agree on. When I went we stayed at the Marriot resorts and they offered a shuttle bus in the morning to take you to the disney resorts and back at night. About a block or two away from the Marriot resort there's a Walgreen's. I made the trek over there by myself the first night we got there and loaded up on soda's, water and snacks.

Going to the park I had a Camelback backpack so we had snacks and cold water all day long, so we didn't sucumb to the high priced Mickey water. Although their roasted turkey legs were a different story.

Granny Fish
02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't think there is fishing in the park, but there is water everywhere around there. Swamps, rivers, lakes and retention ponds. You are safe to assume that every body of water probably holds fish and alligators. :Wink:

When we were out there last spring, we were told that any body of water is legal to fish if you can get to it and it isn't posted. Can't tell you how reliable that information is. We found a local tackle shop and the guy told us all the best city park lakes in the area to fish. We caught a lot of bass, the biggest bullheads I have ever seen, sunfish, a turtle and a small alligator. The alligator busted off (thankfully).

If you have time, you should take a drive with your family over to Wekiva Springs State Park. http://www.floridastateparks.org/WekiwaSprings/

megafisher94
02-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I don't think there is fishing in the park, but there is water everywhere around there. Swamps, rivers, lakes and retention ponds. You are safe to assume that every body of water probably holds fish and alligators. :Wink:

When we were out there last spring, we were told that any body of water is legal to fish if you can get to it and it isn't posted. Can't tell you how reliable that information is. We found a local tackle shop and the guy told us all the best city park lakes in the area to fish. We caught a lot of bass, the biggest bullheads I have ever seen, sunfish, a turtle and a small alligator. The alligator busted off (thankfully).

If you have time, you should take a drive with your family over to Wekiva Springs State Park. http://www.floridastateparks.org/WekiwaSprings/
there is fishing in the park. dont know much about it but there are guided trips that you can take. from what ive seen there are some pretty good sized fish in there.

trollmiester
02-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Years ago i went to disneyland in anahiem.I brought with me some redworms line and a hook in my pocket.I went to tom sawyers island and put the worm on the hook and droped it down by a bridge. I caught a nice bluegill.I put him in a bag and carried him around to the rides. I somehow lost him on the matterhorn ride.I always wondered what they said when he was found.lollol Man i wish it would stop raining. Good luck on your trip.

smokinflies
02-07-2009, 08:23 AM
We're going in April..

I've heard that there is some fishing in the area

Anyone ever fished around there?

Appreciate any insight.

You can fish at disney world. one of the lakes that disney created is a bass fishing lake. i seen a show about it. don't remember what part of disney had the lake. the guy fishing was pulling out some nice bass.

go hook into those disney bass.

smokinflies
02-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Years ago i went to disneyland in anahiem.I brought with me some redworms line and a hook in my pocket.I went to tom sawyers island and put the worm on the hook and droped it down by a bridge. I caught a nice bluegill.I put him in a bag and carried him around to the rides. I somehow lost him on the matterhorn ride.I always wondered what they said when he was found.lollol Man i wish it would stop raining. Good luck on your trip.

one of those pen fishing rods would of came in handy in that situation.

dude, you were carrying a dead fish around the park? why?

City Dad
02-07-2009, 09:08 AM
thanks for the input, everyone!

I'll bet there's some honkin' big tilapia down there too ;)