PDA

View Full Version : Prior to Storm Front Lunkers

VineAssist
02-06-2009, 12:19 PM
As I stated earlier the storm front that is now moving through the area put the lakes bigger fish on the prowl. The low pressure really put these fish on the feeding frenzy.

Robert Vandevelde of Silverado cashed in on the pre frontal conditions with this 12.4 Rainbow that was taken from boat dock cove. Robert stated that the fish fought him for about 10minutes. He was actually forced to beach this fish because no one was fishing around him or with him. Robert made the catch on a inflated nightcrawler. Congratulations Robert.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/IMG_0304.jpg
Jonathen Ceruz of Lakewood also cashed in on the weather front with this 2.10 Brookie. Johnathen made the catch on Garlic Powerbait.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o24/irvinelake/IMG_0306.jpg

Hitts0n
02-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I want to catch a brook that size or bigger! Thanks for the report Jimmy !

Koontaj
02-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Great job.

Say if its rains tomorrow, would it be a better chance of getting those big lunkers because of the low pressure, rain and lower temps?

VineAssist
02-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Low pressure is always a sure sign the fish will be biting. I aboslutely love fishing pre frontal or frontal conditions. I will stay away from post fronts though.

BassMasterson
02-06-2009, 02:26 PM
My dad was there that day, and he told me that guy with the 12p told him he caught it on 2 pound test! If thats true, with a tail like that, thats incredible.

Bassripper2000
02-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Will Sunday be a post front...

How can you tell if a front is pre, current, or post?

pasadenafishin
02-06-2009, 03:52 PM
awesome looking brook! ill be there tomorrow fishing!

fishincrave
02-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Congrats on the nice fishies that is the nicest tail i have seen on a big fish from the Vine .
I sure hope Troudog took advantage of the pre front :Wink:

Sean

VineAssist
02-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Will Sunday be a post front...

How can you tell if a front is pre, current, or post?

Prior to a storm coming in is pre-frontal conditions. During a storm is frontal and after the storm is post frontal conditions. The only way to really know is to read a baromoter. For example I would love to fish a day prior to any storm.. Or during it. The barometer drops off and it just does something to the fish.

troutdog
02-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Jimmy should be the FNN weatherman :LOL:

TD

diamondbear
02-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Paying attention to the Barometric Pressure or understanding what a Baromoter can do for your fishing success is very important .Normal barometric pressure is important to fish . they all have air bladders , the slightest variation in pressure affects their bladder . as a front approaches the barometric pressure changes . sometimes it rises and sometimes it drops , when it drops fishing usually gets better . the lower pressure shrinks the air bladder , which allows for easier movement and a unrestricted stomach expansion . LOW-PRESSURE FISH FEEL HUNGRY . And clear blue skies can fool you because there are caused by high pressure . Don't worry so much about getting overly technical about barometric pressure just try to get out on a falling or low barometer and your luck might be a little better MAYBE , lol but what ever you do have fun . // db

KEL40
02-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Jimmy knows his stuff!! If you write a book I'll buy it!!

GdHkSet1
02-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Man that would be awesome cathing a 12 pound holdover bow on 2pd test, fighting for 10 minutes, nice job Robert on landing such a beauty of a Rainbow.