PDA

View Full Version : Lake Anderson Bass Fishing Feb. 3

Rus Snyders
02-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Not much has changed since my last visit a week ago. With temperatures in the low 70’s and still no rain, it’s sure doesn’t feel like winter. Mark, Harley and I start the day off fishing a creek channel up north. It’s 9am, and the water temp is around 53 degrees. We made a few casts with reaction baits, (spinnerbaits, ripbaits, crankbaits, etc.) but nothing. Slowing down with a tube and Carolina rig, we picked up a couple, but missed even more. Throughout the day we learned by not reacting to those first initial taps and waiting to feel solid pressure before setting the hook, we were able to put more fish in the boat. Sometimes it’s necessary to stick them right away before they spit the bait, but that was definitely not the case today. By mid day it was 70 degrees, and the light breeze we had in the morning had vanished. We bounced around the east side of the lake, fishing main lake points with rock, or spots with large brush or wood. Most of the bass were concentrated between 20 and 35 feet. Though there seemed to be fewer bass in the 5 to 15 foot range, those fish seemed more aggressive and easier to catch. Throughout the day we would sporadically pick up a rod with a faster moving reaction bait, but couldn’t make anything happen. With the surface water temperature reaching near 60 degrees, I thought for sure we could find a fish that was down to chase something. The one missing part of the equation seemed to be the lack of wind. By the days end we caught around 10 fish, and all of them were caught on plastics fished sllloooowwwww.

Kimochou
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Welcome to the board. We need some more Northern California posts! Good job out there. Were you fishing from shore or a boat?

Captain Castaic
02-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Nice job..I use to live in Santa Clara and fished there before....do you ever go to Del Valle?

C.C.

Here fishy fishy...
02-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Timely report, i was just talkin to my cousin who loives in monterey co. I am encourageing him to join up.
Thanks for the report guys!

nismotech91
02-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Good job out there.