PDA

View Full Version : Orvis $9.99 ???????

LunkerLover
02-05-2009, 11:12 PM
I just bought that Orvis deal from the advertising banner .... "Best Flies in CA for $9.99" Hope I'm getting a decent deal ???????? Just looked likle some NICE flies for hittin up the local streams......???????????

smokinflies
02-06-2009, 01:59 AM
I just bought that Orvis deal from the advertising banner .... "Best Flies in CA for $9.99" Hope I'm getting a decent deal ???????? Just looked likle some NICE flies for hittin up the local streams......???????????

How many flies are in the set?

trout worm
02-06-2009, 09:23 AM

They are good flies. Most of which I would use. But likely, not here locally. They nymphs and drys are a little big for the streams here.

I bought that pack (20 flies for $9.99 is a good deal) to check it out and have used those in the E Sierra's.

For local streams, I tend to use 18 and 20 size more than the 12-16's that are in that pack.

If you want to look at getting some flies pretty inexpensively, check out blueflycafe.com (sorry admin for naming a site....). They sell flies at a real good price. Good quality and so far, i've had great service. Plus, i can pick and choose what i want.

tacklejunkie
02-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks for that link.
They have a great selection of stimulators for cheap!
http://www.blueflycafe.com/category/s