PDA

View Full Version : custom rod?

spitbreaker
02-05-2009, 02:48 PM
if have dark blue blank does go good metallic red thread w/dark blue connect it?
thanks

fishncatalina
02-05-2009, 03:08 PM
if have dark blue blank does go good metallic red thread w/dark blue connect it?
thanks

Uhhhhhhh, What?

shy_boxer
02-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Spitbreaker...it's a custom rod. Use whatever colors you choose.

Tight Lines!!

DarkShadow
02-06-2009, 09:17 AM
After consultation with a few graduates from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, the general consensus said that on a matte dark blue blank, the metallic red color would distract from the gentle undertones of the majestic dark blue background.

They all agreed that a dark grey or even all black thread wrap would compliment the blank nicely, with 2 thin colored wraps at the foot of the guide. This is where you can add some type of color, but not anything too metallic, nor anything the same color as the blank, as this will not accent the artistic wrap work at all. They recommended matching this accent color to the reel you are using as well, to give your rod the custom feel it deserves.

Are you gonna go with a graphite split handle and no fore grip? SiC guides?

fishmounter
02-06-2009, 06:12 PM
No. Dark blue blank no good w/ dark blue connector if good metallic red is reverse wrapped. If bright gold is double back w/ purple gloss blank it will look better. WTF... speak english.

2jackedLUNGS
11-27-2009, 02:57 PM
No. Dark blue blank no good w/ dark blue connector if good metallic red is reverse wrapped. If bright gold is double back w/ purple gloss blank it will look better. WTF... speak english.

hahahahahaha

Troutman65
11-27-2009, 03:05 PM
thanks

Spitbreaker, Like Shy_Boxer said its a custom rod , use what ever colors you want . :Wink: Hope your doing well my friend. Been long time no fishing ? Take care and hopefully see you at the up coming Team 57 events !!!:Big Grin:

Troutman65
11-27-2009, 03:06 PM
hahahahahaha

Not funny :mad:

Troutman65
11-27-2009, 03:08 PM

I know this guy . Cool guy. I believe he was doing his best on his English. You at least understood enough of it to give your advice on the colors. Be nice . It's the Holiday Season.:Wink:

vanillagurilla
11-27-2009, 04:15 PM
hey TM this thread is 9 months old lol.

Troutman65
11-27-2009, 04:35 PM
hey TM this thread is 9 months old lol.

Really ? I did not notice that ,:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: