PDA

View Full Version : El Dorado 2/5 whats the word on the street?

Brody
02-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Went to Eldo yesterday around 4pm to jog for awhile and I noticed it was packed! People were lined up by the old ranger station. It looked like a derby or something? Possible stocking? Looked like there were a good amount of poachers as-well :Shocked:. Now for the good news, the rangers were out there and it looked like they were tweaking people up big time. It was great! Saw one guy try to grab his 20 rods and run when he saw the popo roll up on him...but he got caught lol. Wish I had a cam. In the couple of laps I did of the lake I saw the rangers going person to person soooo be sure to have your FL with you. Poachers best stay away unless you want a nice hefty fine. Was anyone there? Maybe some clarifcation of what the big hooha was all about?

ghetto dad
02-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Went to Eldo yesterday around 4pm to jog for awhile and I noticed it was packed! People were lined up by the old ranger station. It looked like a derby or something? Possible stocking? Looked like there were a good amount of poachers as-well :Shocked:. Now for the good news, the rangers were out there and it looked like they were tweaking people up big time. It was great! Saw one guy try to grab his 20 rods and run when he saw the popo roll up on him...but he got caught lol. Wish I had a cam. In the couple of laps I did of the lake I saw the rangers going person to person soooo be sure to have your FL with you. Poachers best stay away unless you want a nice hefty fine. Was anyone there? Maybe some clarifcation of what the big hooha was all about?

:ROFL: It was probably packed with poachers due to a kids report on Eldo a short time ago......said bass fishing off the hook....

lmao @ "popo".....

GD

Here fishy fishy...
02-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Doh hate the "popo" LOL, but I have to admit as someone who actually ploops down good money 4 my Lic and never seems to have enoufgh time to fish, I fell a lil bit gratified when the poachers who always catch all the fish before i get a shot at the lil bitty city lakes get jammed up.

Im torn lol!

man one time my homie an i were at la Mirada Regional and these cats were just emptying out the lake! i mean they were stuffing em in their back packs and everything, they just had the sweet spot and wernt giving it up.
Swear on my mothers eyes they fished out the lake in a few hours literally!

Brody
02-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Wow I would be surprised if all those people were lined up for bass due to a post here ghettodad! I'm sure it's happened before but seriously it was back to back people. I hear you HFF on watching a lake get drained by poachtastic poachers which is why I was actually glad to see the fuzz out there! We're the ones spending the bling on licenses and following the rules...baton and taser the rest! :Envious:

soda818fishnclub
02-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Glad to hear that the cops are peppering poachers.It's a shame when poachers ruin a good spot.

Bradakas
02-05-2009, 03:18 PM
I was there Yesterday. Yes, the ranger was there. He did bust someone. El Do does have some sneaky old timers who poach and do selective catching (ie trading up). Yes, there are people who have the Park ranger on speed dial. Yes, the ranger can be self-righteous and annoying by approaching you and spouting off regulations that you are not even breaking!!

So please come fish at eldo if you like drama...enjoy :Envious:

Brody
02-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Hey Bradakas what was everyone lined up for? Just curious as I don't see it crowded like that often, and I run there all the time. You can PM me if you'd like, unless your keeping it on the DL.

Seng90806
02-07-2009, 01:58 AM
Hey Bradakas what was everyone lined up for? Just curious as I don't see it crowded like that often, and I run there all the time. You can PM me if you'd like, unless your keeping it on the DL.

trout stocking...people there fishing

smokinflies
02-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Went to Eldo yesterday around 4pm to jog for awhile and I noticed it was packed! People were lined up by the old ranger station. It looked like a derby or something? Possible stocking? Looked like there were a good amount of poachers as-well :Shocked:.

sounds like the lake just got stocked. santa fe dam was the same way on thursday. everyone fishing shoulder to shoulder casting toward the boat launch. it was a sad sight to see.

freshone
02-09-2009, 08:38 PM
do you fish or jog cause this is a fishing website not a jack la lanes website.

Here fishy fishy...
02-09-2009, 08:41 PM
LOL yall would love me, I hardly never take any fish out! LOL!
Seriously Im one of those guys who fishes for peace of mind more than anything else.
But i do admit I like to eat a nice fat cat or trout now and then.
But fishing out a lake is one thing i will most likely never be accused of!:LOL:

Bradakas
02-10-2009, 09:09 AM
do you fish or jog cause this is a fishing website not a jack la lanes website.

I jog while I fish...easier to cover more water that way.

eldo69
02-10-2009, 02:08 PM
nice jogging report

Zombie Bass ATTACK
02-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Jnn joggingnetwork.net

JESSEJAMES
02-10-2009, 10:14 PM
www.joggingrangers.com aka www.pantsqueeze.net

BassMasterson
02-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Hit up hillcrest park this morning. Got there about 8a. Jogged a good 3 laps. Conditions were ok, still muddy in places. No mazda miadas parked there today... Would'a taken pics, but my camera doesn't fit in my new lycra hot pants.