PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Lake?

HOGMASTER
02-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Has any body fished this lake? And if so is it any good??

Pete Marino
02-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Very tough right now!!!

Pete:Cool:

YACKM06
02-05-2009, 10:57 AM
can anyone fish it or do you have to live in the community? i fished the lake a long time ago, but my buddy lived on the lake and has long since moved.

Pete Marino
02-05-2009, 11:01 AM
To put your boat on the lake and you have to be with someone that lives there to fish it. I have family there..

Pete

bassinnut
02-05-2009, 11:45 AM
The spring and the summer are very good for canyon lake.

Use holgram shad on the DS

HOGMASTER
02-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks guys I wont be hitting it until End of March, along with Mission & DVL.

hughpam
02-05-2009, 11:56 AM
To put your boat on the lake and you have to be with someone that lives there to fish it. I have family there..

Pete

To put your boat there you have to be a resident, and have it inspected. Then you buy a yearly sticker for your boat. The boat must be registered and insured in your name, as the resident.

FishingFanatic
02-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Has any body fished this lake? And if so is it any good??

My buddies are in Canyon Lakes bass club and take 1 or 2nd every tournament. They are spooning right now to win the tourney's. Canyon Lake is awsome. I once caught 5 bass on a crappie jig before my buddie even got his float tube in the water. We also catch catfish all the time on Norman 22's. Other than that ill let you put in the work to find out where they are at :) Happy hunting.

DCCTrouserTrout
02-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Just make sure you read up on the regulations cause they are pretty sticky out there... The resident has to be with you when you are fishing UNLESS they take you and get a guest pass for the lake. This pass will permit you to only fish from the shore. If you plan on tubing, make sure the resident is out there tubing with you. Me and DCCFisherman got popped for this in early summer. We thought we were clear cause we had the fishing passes but he informed us that those are only good when shore fishing...

hughpam
02-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Gentlemen,

I live in Canyon Lake, and would be honored to fish here with you all some time. I live here because of the fishing. That's the way I roll.

If you want to C&R fish with me let me know. I want to set up a tubing party this Spring here if you are interested.

True, the rules are strict, but it keeps the knuckleheads out. I like that. Just honor the reasonable rules and you're OK. It's worth it.

troutdog
02-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Gentlemen,

I live in Canyon Lake, and would be honored to fish here with you all some time. I live here because of the fishing. That's the way I roll.

If you want to C&R fish with me let me know. I want to set up a tubing party this Spring here if you are interested.

True, the rules are strict, but it keeps the knuckleheads out. I like that. Just honor the reasonable rules and you're OK. It's worth it.

That would be awesome....I can alrady see 12-15 tubes out there and teathered to a couple of them would be Hitts in a little rubber dingy drinkin tall cans :ROFL:

If you are serious about that, I would love to get my float tube wet again!

TD

Seng90806
02-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Gentlemen,

im there let me know when im dying to float tube again

WARRIORMIKE
02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Also when you get there, try not to drive over 35. I got a speeding ticket for doing 45 in a 35 :Angry:

sansou
02-06-2009, 05:38 PM
I always thought that (by law) there is a section open to the public...seeing that state water supplies the lake. I may be wrong.

ghost2uu
02-07-2009, 06:32 PM
you can get to the back side of the ski jump lake on dirt roads. I love canyon lake and my buddies uncle moved out in october we would fish it two three times a week and all night on weekends during the summer. I dusted three bags of black power worms there in one night. I would love to be able to tube it again.