PDA

View Full Version : 06/09 Newport Tubin Report

jbacsaf
06-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Met up with Sea Murda at the 15th street lauch site at 6:30 (sorry for being late Chad). Launched around 7 am. We were there until 2 pm. The weather was perfect. Most of the fish were caught on Berkely Gulps. All fish were released.

Fish caught (combined):
Spotties: 8-10
Halibuts: 8-10
White Sea Bass: 1

I'll post a pic once Chad sends it to me. By the way, there were a lot of jellies in the water. Thank God for waders!

Sea Murda
06-11-2007, 02:31 PM
hahaha, I forgot about all of the jelly fish! I've never seen so many in my life. I only have a couple pics, I'll post them up when I get home......

sonarbp
06-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Glad you guys made it out!!!! I wish I could have joined you but I took the wife to the park to fish!!!!

Pretty easy launch site huh? I know alot of other areas to launch from that can get you into a larger variety of fish rather than bass!!!!

Let me know when you guys plan to go again.

sonarbp

Sea Murda
06-11-2007, 04:30 PM
sonarbp - yeah man, that must have been the easiest launch I've ever done!

909fisher
06-11-2007, 09:03 PM
we launched from 15th street as well, saw alot of jelly fish. Was kinda strange, but i think they were in spawning season. We were tubing all around them. I geuss they won't hurt u.

909fisher
06-11-2007, 09:08 PM
What do the white sea bass hit on? What is the go to plastic to use in the bay?
thanks
909fisher

jbacsaf
06-11-2007, 09:59 PM
thanks
909fisher

I swear by Berkely Saltwater Jerkshad in pearl white. Chad will agree with me on this since he has seen how well it produced for us. Penny or bronze in overcast mornings. The Berkely Gulp shrimps do okay as well. We will be going out again this saturday. I'll post an official invite on Thursday.

sonarbp
06-12-2007, 08:19 AM
we launched from 15th street as well, saw alot of jelly fish. Was kinda strange, but i think they were in spawning season. We were tubing all around them. I geuss they won't hurt u.

The jellies are actually getting less and less!!!!! A few months ago they were everywhere.....by the hundreds.....now it seems like they thinned out a bit.

thanks
909fisher

The white sea bass in Newport Bay are not going to be very large at all....maybe between 12" to 16". The Balboa Angler Club helps maintain the white sea bass pins in the Bay and when they release the fish most of them swim out to sea.

If you want to try for them in the bay toss any type of gulp! The fish in Newport love the stuff. I reccomend you throw a 5" jerk shad in sardine color or pearl white and the 4" curl tail mullet in glow or pearl. Please practice safe catch and release on the bass in Newport!!!! the numbers or the years have declined!!!

sonarbp

Sea Murda
06-12-2007, 09:55 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/cjay909/newport3-1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/cjay909/newport1-2.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c167/cjay909/newport2-2.jpg

sonarbp
06-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Sea Murda nice hali!!!!! I know they have been hitting pretty good the past few weeks...the only problem is they all seem short! :shock: There are tons of them in Newport. How big was that one? From the looks of the tail it might be legal!!

I might tube sat morning for a few hours......you guys got plans?

sonarbp

Sea Murda
06-12-2007, 10:37 AM
that one was about 18", the biggest one of the day was 20". There sure are alot of them in there. And your right, they are shorties