PDA

View Full Version : USC Football Recruits

striker
02-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Any SC football fans watch the recruiting process? Although we got some super talented freshmen coming in, we did loose Manti Te'o (To ND of all schools) and Randall Carroll (Frig'n UCLA). I thought for sure Manti Te'o would come to USC. Dude would of tore it up. Plus, look at the recent history of LB's that played at USC. What's ND done lately? And for Randall Carroll, dude seemed kind of lost during his announcement for which school he would attend. Not saying you have to be super articulate, but come on, you're on national TV. At least look excited and some what articulate. No matter, I can't want to see what Taylor Mays is going to do when Carroll catches a pass in Mays, territory. I also read that Vontaze Burfict didn't come to SC due to grades. Ouch! Regardless, can't wait for the 09' season. Fight on!

KaliDawgFan
02-05-2009, 05:51 AM
I'm an UGA fan, and I've been paying attention intently for weeks now. Manti probably picked ND because he knew he'd be top dog on that defense. USC did get some very good recruits though. They snatched S Jawanza Starling whom I thought was going to pick UGA. Bryce Brown still hasn't decided yet, and SC is one of his choices.

Scoring Machine
02-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Bryce Brown is as sleazy as Reggie Bush, have you read the NY Times article about his 'advisor' aka agent?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/04/sports/ncaafootball/04recruit.html?ref=todayspaper

He's threatening to go play in Canada rather than play college football at all.

On second thought, he sounds like the perfect Trojan... self absorbed, already has an agent, won't care about school and will have his hands out for the boosters from day one.

As far as a player choosing Notre Dame over USC. I'm sure being in contention to start from the second you walk on campus has something to do with it. Granted Charlie Weiss aka Jabba The Hutt is a buffoon whose career was built on the Cheating Patriots. I'm not sure how anyone wants to play for him. He's the least jolly fat man ever.

billy b
02-09-2009, 06:28 PM
exposure being at ND. Heck, maybe Salt Lake will count some of his time as part of a mission to the Catholics and other students. Telfort was supposed to be quite a recovery ... but isn't he more safety size?

Hey Scoring Machine ... do you think Neweasel can bring the gutties back for ya! ;>)

FishermanStu
02-09-2009, 07:08 PM
not recruits but look for my boys dj shoemate, chris gallipo, and blake ayles to tear **** up next near.

Scoring Machine
02-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Hey Scoring Machine ... do you think Neweasel can bring the gutties back for ya! ;>)

You don't have to be a Bruin to critique on the USC Hurricanes. Tricky Rick might breathe a little life back into the Westsiders, but it will NOT be for me. UCLA never should have hired him, hell their own athletic director during the search process said that Tricky Rick wouldn't be the next UCLA coach then caved to alumni for their second straight horrible football coach hire. I'm not sure how any program gives Tricky Rick the chance to ruin their program like he did to Colorado and Washington. He's a ticking time bomb for NCAA penalties.

Speaking of NCAA violations, how about both Coaches Sark and Kiffen being hit with NCAA violations at UW and Tenn within what? 6 weeks of getting their new jobs? I wonder where they learned that behavior? :LOL: