PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fishing Session

MrScary13
02-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Hey guys just wondering if anyone is going surf fishing this friday(02/6) morning either Newport or Huntington(somewhere in that area) thats willing to give a new surf fisher some tips and show some techniques and such. I have some waders I haven't really put to use yet. I'd really like to catch one of those butts I've seen so many pictures of on here. So if anyone one is willing shoot me a pm or reply here. Thanks!

fish_sauce
02-04-2009, 06:16 PM
welcome to the board!

You will probably have more luck if you post this under the "fishing rendezvous" section under GENERAL FISHING bro.

I'm busy moving into a new apartment this weekend, so i'm definitely tied up this Friday, but if you can't find anyone to go with you in a few weeks, send a PM my way and we'll see if we can schedule to hit the surf together...

The forecast shows there is a high chance of shower this thursday afternoon all the way til saturday...it might not be a good time to start your surf fishing experience, as the waves and water conditions could be very unpredictable. If you're fishing near river-mouths, the run-off from the rain could drastically change the water chemistry and structure in the coastal areas for (at least) a few days, so if you do go out during or after the rain, be extremely careful and don't get your hopes up too much :Sad:

There's plenty of knowledgeable/helpful people on this board. If you have any specific questions, you can post them up and im sure someone will get around to helping you out. Good luck, and tight lines!

MrScary13
02-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Ill definitely hit you up as soon as the weather clears up.

Skyler
02-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Too bad I didn't see this last week. My brother and I were out around newport on friday surf fishing. Send me a PM, and next time we head out, I'll hit you up. Peace.