PDA

View Full Version : Lower Owens 2/4

Sierra_Smitty
02-04-2009, 04:23 PM
I hit the river with my brother today for about 2 hours of fishing. Flows are perfect. Crowds are light. We fished below Hwy 6 at a few of our favorite holes, and a few we'd never tried before.

I landed 6 rainbows and 1 small brown. I also missed a lot of fish including 3 pretty browns about 12"....there are a lot of them in there. All the fish I caught were very grumpy - put on a great fight. The rainbows were very pretty and all of them except two went 13" or better. Definitely a bigger average fish than I was catching at PVR the other day.

My brother landed two rainbows - one was about 1.5lbs and gorgeous!

I saw two very nice fish (4lbs +) while fishing but couldn't get them to chew. Maybe next time.

We used mini jigs and trout worms. Chartreuse seemed to be the color of the day...both the jig and worm.

Good luck out there!
Smitty

Granny Fish
02-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the report! Can hardly wait to get back up there again.

JESSEJAMES
02-04-2009, 04:59 PM
i love the sierras

Troutman65
02-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the reprot Jared. :Cool:

Eat Sleep Fish
02-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Good times. Nice to see you catching better sized fish. Sooo many small ones they've planted recently. I was up there last week fishing the owens and pvr. Caught so many dang 6"-8" fish it was getting annoying. Those waters don't deserve that stuff. Between the four of us we must have caught and released 200 of those lil guys in 3 days of fishing. We did catch plenty of nicer fish 10"-15". Highlight were the big ones coming in every so often. Between the four of us, we got a 8.5 lb, 5.5 lb, 4 lb, 3.4 lb, and 3 more 2 lbers. A couple of the 2 lbers came out of pvr but the rest of the big ones were out of the river.

Goog times, good times.

ESF

TroutOnly
02-04-2009, 06:50 PM
LAST TRIP UP I FISHED NEAR THE HWY 6 ,IT WASNT LIKE USALLY IS ,TOMMOROW AFTER WORK IM HITTING DOWN SOUTH OF WARM SPRINGS A FRIEND TURNED ON TO A SPOT ,THEN FRIDAY AFTER WORK WE HIT THE PVR,MAYBE I WILL SEE YOU SMITTY,,,t/o

Sac au Lait
02-05-2009, 02:15 PM
heading up with my 2 youngest on saturday. Trying to decide what is best the river or PVR. Never been to PVR is it possible to fish both?

retired96
02-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Its easy to fish both, the river flows into and out of PVR.

Joshua
02-05-2009, 08:32 PM
COming up on Saturday (Rain/snow or shine) Heading for the launch ramp on PVR, THen a little Owens action on the way out of town.

Beancounter
02-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Dude...It must be awesome to just head out for "2 hours of fishing" to such a beautiful place.
Thanks for the report!....keep em coming!

Can't wait to get out there in March.