PDA

View Full Version : Is this for real???

adambasser
02-04-2009, 03:58 PM
BASS
Bass have been moving into the shallows leading to effortless fishing for largemouth anglers. There have been reports of anglers releasing upwards of 40 fish a day with big fish ranging from 8-11 pounds. The dams and the inlet tower have been the most reported spots. Drop shot rigged straight tail plastics, Yamamoto Senkos, and small swimbaits have been heavily reported baits. Eddy Gonzalez of Los Angeles reported a 7 pound bass, but gave little detail to where he caught the fish and what bait he was using.

This is the report posted as of 2-2-09 on the DVLMARINA website

Any truth to this? Or are they trying to get people to come and fish? Havn't been to the Jewel since june 08, but finally got some time of and thinking of going next week. Let me know what you all think about the LMB fishing.

Is it true you can only rent a boat now?

Thanks,
Long time Basser with no time to go

DKCbassman
02-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Kayak, boat Rental, Foot, Bike..... That's your only options. I think the 8-11 lb. fish reports are from Art B.

BassinPLS
02-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Yes, No Private Boat Launches.

The launch ramp in high and dry. As for the report on the DVL Webpage, that is news to me. The last I heard, (a week or so ago), the LMB were in 40 to 60 feet of water and it was ice jigging time!

The warm weather could be starting to move the males up looking; but the rain and storm forecasted for Thursday and Friday will probably run them back out deep.

BassinPLS

Missing DVL Dearly!

MAVERICK27
02-04-2009, 05:06 PM
This weekend should produce some Linesides then ....damn weddings :(

EastCoaster
02-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I havent been to DVL in about 3wks and I can tell you that oh yea there are plenty of big bass along the shore line, but are they biting, I say no.. If you read some of the other reports they are saying the same thing about seeing the hawgs but they arent biting.. I think Art Berry is having the best luck of anyone..

lurk 182
02-04-2009, 06:24 PM
i'd take that report with half a tablespoon of salt

seal
02-04-2009, 07:49 PM
i'd take that report with half a tablespoon of salt

Add a spritz of lime and shot of tequilla and it's a party!

I think a lot of reports are going to be stretched with the competition for our dollars being what it is.

fishtacosmmm
02-05-2009, 03:40 AM
The report from DVL is true,
that week had bass boils and action
for bass fisherman, I saw them boils.

But we were fishing striper and we nailed a few
see the striper superbowl report LOL

today will be a good day also, turn the tv off.

eddie fishtaco

matt duarte
02-05-2009, 08:35 AM
i was there last week sat a easy 4lb smallie swimming about 2 ft off shore in maybe 4-5ft of water... i had a EASY 10lb bass come flyin at my 10"TT wit hmouth wide open only to see me and take off:( he followed it in twice!... saw a few more bass from shore but there still a little skiddish comming to the shallows to feed and taking back off to deeper water for safty.
i didnt see any boils though... and i was there all day

mobilereef
02-09-2009, 10:12 PM
there are some bass there and yes they are on the chew...

Can you imagine what the largemouths look like?

this girl came in on two pound test and chewed a ORANGE power worm on a small leadhead on a 9ft phenix fast action trout rod.

Guys and ladies...go check it out, it is not just them saying it is good. THIS PLACE IS GREAT. Remember, all smallmouth bass are mandatory catch and release at DVL

This one weighed a tad over 5lbs on the scale we had at the waterside, and I am about 260lbs for ref.

here is a shot of a strange looking holdover trout of some sort. People have said its and "emerald trout". Any thoughts?

Thanks for looking and I hope to see all of you guys at the tournament this weekend.

Tight lines...

Chris
mobile reef