PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day Presents

WARRIORMIKE
02-03-2009, 08:16 PM
So this Hallmark encouraged holiday is coming up:Rolls Eyes:. What are your thoughts on giving presents to your valentine??

Liteliner
02-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I will surely get the wife two dozen roses atleast.... Thats gonna be worth atleast three pre approved permission slips to go fishing...:Embarrassed::Embarrassed::Embarrassed:

CASTAWAY
02-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Have no Valentine. If I did I would take her fishing so she could net
my personal best. Just kidding of course....:Smile:

KaliDawgFan
02-03-2009, 09:10 PM
It's a bunch of crap to get guys to buy stuff for someone, but if it'll help the economy then have at it.

WARRIORMIKE
02-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Kind of amazing that 4 guys reply with ideas and the women on here have been really quiet about the giving or receiving gifts. Men aren't the only ones that should have to give up lame gifts too!!! :Confused::Confused:

olfishergal
02-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I am sure I will get and give the same thing I got last year lol.......OFG

Captain Boracho
02-03-2009, 11:30 PM
It's a bunch of crap to get guys to buy stuff for someone, but if it'll help the economy then have at it.
THIS!! 10 char

Ricky-Ray
02-04-2009, 12:00 AM
This was her B-day and Valentines gift. http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=12219536

Told her it costd me not getting a deal on a 50w. She just laughed it off and gave me the OK for 2, 2 day trips so I guess that's fair enough. :)

sansou
02-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Gift?

Hmmm....I'm thinking "white tennis shoes".

:LOL:

smokinflies
02-04-2009, 01:29 AM
gift?

Hmmm....i'm thinking "white tennis shoes".

:lol:

:rofl::rofl:

fishermanwife
02-04-2009, 08:04 AM
Well considering Valentines day this year falls on the day after I am laid off from work. It probably wont be much of a Valentines day for me.

Hey those edible flower arrangements that are made of fruit are a cool and different idea away from the standard flowers.

A gift for the guy.....hhhmmmm I'm assuming anything to do with fishing would make my husband happy.. Maybe I'll cook him a special dinner with desert after wards.

bullets_full
02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Taking my girl camping and striper fishing at Castaic that weekend.

Yes, I got it like that!

_Bullets

DarkShadow
02-04-2009, 09:18 AM
My gift is to remember to leave the toilet seat down for at least an entire week.

City Dad
02-04-2009, 10:40 AM
My gift is to remember to leave the toilet seat down for at least an entire week.

Ohhhh... so it's leave the seat down not leave the lid down! yeah, your system sounds a lot less messy...

and when did you start living with a woman?

DarkShadow
02-04-2009, 10:59 AM
and when did you start living with a woman?

I don't.

It's just part of the witness relocation program I'm part of.

mickeysindahouse
02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm thinking...a Lamgilass rod that would perfectly match a (my) Curado 200 E5. I hope she likes it!

olfishergal
02-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Stuff girls like...........Jewelry, flowers...(not potted Mums like I got one year) Nice dinner...at home works if you make it or have it catered, gift certificate to the spa for a massage. Jewlery works.....Those heart shaped boxes of
see's candy........Jewelry....make sure you get a babysitter for the kids.....Don't worry, appreciate her and alot will come to you........and, don't forget the jewelry......:ROFL:

mickeysindahouse
02-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Stuff girls like...........Jewelry,
.......and, don't forget the jewelry......:ROFL:
Olfisher gal, you hit it right on the money. I'd give her cubic zirconia's if she wasn't so damned consistent in taking her diamonds to get cleaned every 6 months.

Oh well, girls will be girls...and guys will be BROKE!

Sue
02-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Neither of my husbands really did Valentines day, so I expect nothing and typically get it in abundance.

Although DINNER AND FLOWERS WOULD BE NICE, GATOR!!! :ROFL:

DarkShadow
02-04-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm thinking...a Lamgilass rod that would perfectly match a (my) Curado 200 E5. I hope she likes it!

Make sure you get it custom made, so you can include your name on the rod.

That way, she can never forget who gave it to her.

WARRIORMIKE
02-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Gift?

Hmmm....I'm thinking "white tennis shoes".

:LOL:

Here you go man

:ROFL::ROFL:
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr282/fishingnetwork/playinginthesnowdec262008030.jpg

jim532
02-14-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm getting her a dust pan, it matches the broom I bought her last year.

NoHo ART
02-14-2009, 12:49 AM
lol you guys are no help :whistle:

rusty6
02-15-2009, 03:02 AM
my only present on valentines day was the thought that i only got 6 months to go until the big 21!

fishermanwife
02-15-2009, 09:19 AM
My valentines present was being laid off from work. :Sad: Six years down the tube!!:Crying:

bruce watson
02-15-2009, 09:35 AM
So, does getting her a card with a button that says "world's best wife" count as jewelry.

I'm in a world of hurt right now. On Friday we had a dance and lunch at the senior center. My wife was not there. At the lunch, everyone got box of coffee and tea flavored chocolates from Starbucks. It was one of those corporation donation things. I really don't like flavored chocolates, so I brought them home and dropped them on the dining room table. When she got home on Friday she found them and my card while I was in the garage. She thinks that was the gift I bought for her. She's been carrying on about how it was so thoughtful of me to stop at Starbucks and get her something different like that, instead of just getting her some See's candy like I usually do.

What do ya think? We've been married 37 years. Should I just keep quiet and make it to 38 or should I tell her the truth? Also, do you think that box of See's in my sock drawer will be OK until Easter?

Nessie Hunter
02-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Bruce.... :ROFL:

Keep your mouth shut man...
If its not broken dont 'ever' try and fix it...

You lucked out dude... In two ways..
Happy little lady for the "V" gift...
Easter already taken care of...

:ROFL:

WARRIORMIKE
02-15-2009, 11:55 AM
So, does getting her a card with a button that says "world's best wife" count as jewelry.

I'm in a world of hurt right now. On Friday we had a dance and lunch at the senior center. My wife was not there. At the lunch, everyone got box of coffee and tea flavored chocolates from Starbucks. It was one of those corporation donation things. I really don't like flavored chocolates, so I brought them home and dropped them on the dining room table. When she got home on Friday she found them and my card while I was in the garage. She thinks that was the gift I bought for her. She's been carrying on about how it was so thoughtful of me to stop at Starbucks and get her something different like that, instead of just getting her some See's candy like I usually do.

What do ya think? We've been married 37 years. Should I just keep quiet and make it to 38 or should I tell her the truth? Also, do you think that box of See's in my sock drawer will be OK until Easter?

Cmon man, keep quiet !!!

Sue
02-16-2009, 10:27 AM
From a female point of view....Bruce, you SCORED POINTS!! Keep your mouth shut :D :ROFL:

basscaptain
02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
LMAO my wife got a Motor Cover and a Spare Tire Cover
Also Her Lowrance Bow unit got replaced from Lowrance with a new 27 C so she is happy again