PDA

View Full Version : Adios Ramirez!

baadfish69
02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Its obvious Dodger management has zero willingness to improve their initial offer, even if that scumbag Boras never responded. But they had to know that Manny would not accept a 1 year deal, I dont care how much it was worth. Makes no sense to me that its okay in Ned and Franks eyes that they offer big deals to mediocre players, but flat out refuse to pay one of the best hitters in the game. Age? Seriously.....I bet Manny is still better than anyone on the Dodgers at age 40! Attitude? Whatever, his personality puts butts in the seats.....lots of em.

Whatever, its over now. I highly doubt he's willing to even hear the Dodgers anymore.

Heres looking forward to Adam Dunn in Dodger blue.....striking out all season. Just watch.....good ol Ned will offer Dunn a 5 year deal.

It does not feel good to be a Dodger fan right now.

sweetfish
02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I feel for you. However look at the team Japo and I support. The Good Old Padres. Now that is a messed up franchise, where the current owner promised to put a playoff team on the field each year if they got a new stadium. So after 2-3 years of getting a new field, the current roster couldn't even compete at the college level.

Least the Dodgers will be in contention for the West where the Friars are looking for 100-110 losses this year.

At least we have a new owner now that John Moores agreed with the deal to sell this club. Thank Goodness.

DarkShadow
02-04-2009, 11:56 AM
It's funny how McCourt being broke, factored in with Ned's feelings still hurt by Boras, is causing this 3 ring circus. I love when GMs feel they need to use the media in order to get their point across.

Least the Dodgers will be in contention for the West where the Friars are looking for 100-110 losses this year.

Contention with no pitching staff? Let's hope we can score 14 runs a game then.

At this rate, we might be sharing the cellar with you guys. Make some room.

sweetfish
02-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Contention with no pitching staff? Let's hope we can score 14 runs a game then.

How funny that 10 years ago The Pads and Dodgers constantly were contending for the West crown and the Diamondbacks and Rockies were fighting to stay out of the cellar. Man how have things changed.