PDA

View Full Version : Blake Jones Derby Registration!!!!

Sierra_Smitty
02-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Howdy y'all....it's almost that time again, time for the Blake Jones Trout Derby at Pleasant Valley Reservoir in Bishop. Most of you have seen the reports of how epic the bite has been the past month and it's likely to get even better now that Alpers will be dosing the lake on a regular basis.

Anyhow....I'm not really affiliated with the derby in any official capacity but I am a member of the community here in Bishop so I thought I'd put up a post to remind everyone that the derby is coming up soon...so make sure you put it down on your calendars! So who all is going????

It's a very good idea to pre-register for this thing....you don't want to be the guy(or gal) in line at 6am on derby day waiting in line to register while those that pre-registered are already fishing!

To make it easier to register, I uploaded the registration form on my website...click on the link below to download and print the form.

http://parchersresort.net/Blake%20Jones%20Entry%20Form%202009%20v2.pdf

I'll probably be wandering around on derby day selling 50/50 tickets so make sure you say hi.

http://parchersresort.net/Blake%20Jones%20Entry%20Form%202009web.jpg

Peace,
Smitty

Joshua
02-03-2009, 09:39 PM
"Pimp on the Hill", Smitty (weak attempt at nick name.)
Would love to make it. I considering sleep along the rocks the night before to assure myself some shoreline.
Will have to check the family schedule and see if I can make it.

Thanks for the helpful link.

chris
02-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Hey Smitty, I was aondering if they did away with the blind bogey part of the tourney. Last year was pretty sad seeing all those 10 oz. german browns get killed just for a crack at some money only one dead fish was going to get.

Sierra_Smitty
02-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Hey Smitty, I was aondering if they did away with the blind bogey part of the tourney. Last year was pretty sad seeing all those 10 oz. german browns get killed just for a crack at some money only one dead fish was going to get.

Nope, they still have the blind bogey...that is actually the most popular part of the derby because anybody can win.

The truth is that those people keeping the browns would still be keeping them regardless of whether or not there was money to win....unfortunately there are still a high percentage of trout anglers who keep whatever they catch whenever they fish. I see stringers all summer long at South Lake with a few rainbows, a brown and sometimes a little 9" brook trout on there too, even when the fishing as good enough to fill the stringer with 'bows...it blows my mind.

Each to their own I guess.....

Sierra_Smitty
02-04-2009, 04:12 PM
"Pimp on the Hill", Smitty (weak attempt at nick name.)

That's not really my fault...you can blame it on my uncle hahahaha. When I was 10 I stayed a summer with my cousins in Montana and I have a cousin named Jared about my age. Their last name is Schauers, mine is Smith, so "Smitty" was my deemed my handle that summer to avoid confusion.

Granny Fish
02-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Sounds like a lot of nice prizes to give away. I bet it gets crowded out there.

BTW - "Pimp on the hill" reminds me of pimple.... Sierra Smitty is a much better nick with a lot of history behind it. :Wink:

Sierra_Smitty
02-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Sounds like a lot of nice prizes to give away. I bet it gets crowded out there.

BTW - "Pimp on the hill" reminds me of pimple.... Sierra Smitty is a much better nick with a lot of history behind it. :Wink:

Ha! Ya, the last thing I want people to think is "pimple" when they think about me. hahaha.

It can be crowded, but it's a lot of fun!

Eat Sleep Fish
02-09-2009, 04:47 PM
ill most probably be there with my friend. cant commit to signing up just yet but will most probably be there. should be a good one this year. didnt they have like 800 participants last year??

GdHkSet1
02-10-2009, 09:21 PM
I can say this socal fisherman has never fished PVR, but would love to get up there this year hopefully. What's the history behind Blake Jones?

Sierra_Smitty
02-10-2009, 09:47 PM
I can say this socal fisherman has never fished PVR, but would love to get up there this year hopefully. What's the history behind Blake Jones?

This link to the Bishop Chamber website should help...especially the paragraphs at the bottom.

http://www.bishopvisitor.com/fcr/blake.php3

Peace,
Smitty

GdHkSet1
02-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Thanks Smitty, that video was cool. Have to try to make it up there with my son. Looks like a nice family event with some big fish in it.