PDA

View Full Version : Fish Nazis take over Pyramid Lake. Please read.

Shore Stalker
02-03-2009, 02:21 PM
The Sheriff at Pyramid has made it know that all shore fisherman are not welcome on his lake. Apparently he thinks he owns it & he hates everyone who wants to use it.

Had the worst day ever at Pyramid on Sunday. We hiked in to do some shore fishing & parked up by the Visitor Center. I got on the lake at about 8:00am and fished till about noon. I was me, my friend , his little cousin & his dad. We got the Skunk & were about to leave. My friend brought a little raft for his cousin to play in cuz we knew he would get bored fishing.

Well this is when the Nazis come storming in. I spot Sheriff boat tooling around the Island. He spots us and puts it into full throttle and makes a B line for us. He comes in on us like we where trying to start a bon fire. He comes in so hot he has to throw his boat in reverse to keep from RAMMING the shore creating a wave so huge you could of surfed it. Needless to say everything on shore go soaked. Then the second his boat starts to go backwards he throws it once again in full throttle and Rams his boat into the shore line RIGHT ON TOP OF my friends poles. He then Stands on the bow and look down upon my friends.

Well I thought he was going to get out & pull his gun on us. Turns out his only problem was the raft. IT WAS NOT EVEN IN THE WATER. Now it was not that their was no life vests he said ( CONTRARY TO THE WEB SITE ) NO RAFTS ALLOWED. Then he asked where we parked. We said the Visitor Center. THIS IS WHEN IT GET WIERD. He says we should get off the lake. Then he says as a matter of fact that he probably already fined us for parking up there. I get to my car and there is a $50 ticket for not obeying the sign. A Sheriff who had to be a Prison Guard as part of his training has written me a PARKING TICKET.

THERE IS NO ( NO PARKING ) SIGN THERE AT ALL. This guy has been harassing me on the shore line for a long time. He once told me I had to buy a parking pass at the lake then get on the Freeway to Vista del Lago & he would not harass me. Some Sheriff's use their load speakers from a distance this guy uses his load speaker when he is right on top of you.

Here's my problem with all this. Pyramid DOES NOT charge admission to get into the lake. They only charge for parking. If you brought a bus load of people in they would only charge u for the bus no matter how many people are in it. They have 200 parking spots at the visitor center but if u park there for 2 hours they tow u. There is to Dirt lots by the Visitor Center with more then enough room to accommodate many many cars. Bottom line is you could probably park 300 cars easy between the visitor Center & the Lots around it. This one Sheriff says we can't us any of it.

I have been parking up there for years with little problem. They would give me a warning If I was there close to being there for more then 8 hours but no tickets. I've talked to other Sheriff's & they say I'm fine there. I've talked to Tow Truck drivers & they say I'm fine there. I've even called the Highway Patrol & asked them. They said I'm fine there. This Sheriff is out of line. I want to make a Formal complaint about this guy. I believe this constitutes Harassment.

I am a Tax payer , a California Native with a valid Fishing License. My Taxes pay for that lake , the Sheriffs Department , the California state water project , as well as the Visitor Center & all roads leading to it. Why am I being treated like a Trespasser By some Lake cop. I'm not poaching I'm strictly catch & release. I even take others people trash out with me. This guy has a bug up his butt about something and gets his jollies by being a Lake Nazi.

Also as anyone who uses the lake knows there is a Huge facility off of Vista Del Lago that has more parking , Bathrooms , Beaches and picnicing all of which is payed for by tax payers and is now all abandoned. Millions of wasted Tax dollars. I have payed for all of it so as far as I'm concerned I can walk Pyramid lake freely without being treated like a trespasser.

trap-rattle
02-03-2009, 02:34 PM
wheww...bummer dude.

just dont go back dude. guy sounds like a jerk. i bet a non-threatning, detatiled letter to the park supervisor would go a long way. just tell them what happened, how much it ruined your day, and that you'll never be back.

next time try out lake piru right around the corner. i met the nicest people out there about 2 weeks ago. very friendly. not much fishing pressure. and a decent bite.

better luck next time!

WJC71
02-03-2009, 04:08 PM
And the report is where???????

All I read was :Bawling:

Ifishtoolittle
02-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Man that sucks, hope that Lake Nazi gets what's coming to him.

swimbait101
02-03-2009, 04:40 PM
what a 'tard

BIGRED KILLA
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM
And the report is where???????

All I read was :Bawling:

You need to stop :Bawling: he posted it..

Had the worst day ever at Pyramid on Sunday. We hiked in to do some shore fishing & parked up by the Visitor Center. I got on the lake at about 8:00am and fished till about noon. I was me, my friend , his little cousin & his dad. We got the Skunk

Shore Stalker
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
I can't just not go back. From the Visitor Center Area you can Access about 1/3 of the Shore line ( that u can stand on ) that is available to man on foot or boat. With out that I have to go to the main gate that has only Access to about 1/16 of the available shore fishing. This guy is trying to keep everyone off the majority of the shore.

Ambassadorhawg
Make a copy of this report and a copy of your parking ticket and then find out who the C/O is for that deputy and file a complaint. I am not joking around, this guy sounds like he is abusing his authority from what you haven written here. They will investigate his actions and then take the proper steps to correct or adjust the problem. Be prepared to be interviewed by the C/O about your complaint.

Also, if there truly is not any "no parking" signs there, you should fight the ticket in court. BUT...be very sure that there truly is nothing posted about parking there. I have parked there myself and hiked in. I do not remeber seeing any signs either but that was years ago.

Take action or this will continue to occur. If everything you say here is acurate, you must act. It's not about being a "tattle-tail", it's about protecting your rights.

MAVERICK27
Wow, second post with a nasty reply from WJC71......is Badfish2 back? lol

Fishingmonkee
02-03-2009, 05:02 PM
fighting the ticket seems to be easy , since you already asked other officers there about parking and they said it was fine. you also called the highway patrol and they said it fine. just go and get them to sign a note that state it was fine. also called the highway patrol again and ask the same question but ask for the person on the phone's name and such and record it. All these will save you the 50 dollar ticket since you have other officials stating that you can legally park there. GL if you are gonna file a complaint. let us know the result :].

HBJapo
02-03-2009, 05:11 PM

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Hey Mav,

Howz it?

Japo :Envious:

WJC71
02-03-2009, 05:35 PM

Naw man...
Sorry about the nastiness.......

BTW this post does belong in the General

fishraider
02-03-2009, 06:03 PM
santa clarita city hall that over sees the lake and ask how u can go further on ur problem.. then get the number too califorina state fish commision and see if u can get the email to a guy name john hybarker. he overs see all county parks and state parks.

fishntoss
02-03-2009, 06:17 PM
and remember a picture is worth a thousand words... not to mention what a video would do

DKCbassman
02-03-2009, 06:39 PM
I am a regular here....... I have seen the Sheriff deal with the BS. It's not suprising to me that they bothered you. If you knew what they go through with all the Jet-Ski's that shuttle people back and forth with loads of fishing gear, no life vests, kids, dogs,etc. It's the raft and lifejacket issue.

It's still not cool for the Sheriff to roll up on you like that! Castaic has a short Sheriff who has little man's complex. He likes to Harass people....... fisherman specifically.

Simplyeman
02-03-2009, 06:40 PM
I think they're probably just sick of people doing as they please at the lake. He may have thought that you parked on the side of the highway and made your way down. There is usually more to a story but who knows maybe he really was just a dick.

Take for example all the anglers who go and fish the launch ramp area......let me rephrase.....look at all the angler who avoid the "do not fish on the ramp sign" and instead fish the shoreline BLOCKING the launch ramp completely and disregarding all boaters. On many occasions boaters have hoked the horn and people still stand there and dont move.

I'm not saying youre a bad buy but it sounds to me like he may have reacted harshly towards you because he thought you were up to no good.

Hope what i said made sense, sometimes I dont even know what im saying.

fishfinder
02-03-2009, 07:54 PM
Okay i was afraid to say anything cause i fish the lake on my boat and don't want to be harrassed by the sherrif. As a sheriff i would emagine this is a dream job for them, and too many complaints and there would be plenty to take there job. File complaints with the sherrifs station
i have been on the lake a few times when the sherriff would run there boats around the lake and with little regaurd for the rules. cruising 20-30 miles per hour very close to me while i was fishing at the edge of a cove. going right into the 5mph cove at lightning speed.
I am not anti sherriff or anything like that, in fact i have family members in the business, and they say file a complaint. 1 complaint won't hurt but many will.
For all law enforcement officers, i do say thanks for serving.

PureAle
02-03-2009, 07:59 PM
just file a complaint! i would of been pissed off aswell.

PureAle

StriperEye
02-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Sorry about your day man that sucks! I hate when something so stupid and small turn into something way out of control..Good luck to you.

seal
02-04-2009, 08:50 AM

BF2 is being a good boy on a different website. Although maybe he couldn't take being nice anymore and decided to come back and let it all out, hmmmmm....

DarkShadow
02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Wow, sucks to hear about that experience.

I've been told 1,003,402 different things regarding the Vista Del Lago situation, from 194,295 different sources.

The concessionaire who runs the lake has told me it's completely off limits, unless you're visiting the Visitor's Center.

A few sheriff guys say it's ok to park in the dirt lot and hike down.

Other sheriff guys say it's illegal to park there.

Some say, you can buy the pass at the Smokey Bear Rd entrance gate, and then park there.

As you can see, that's why I avoid the area.

I'm extremely interested to see what ends up happening. There are a few areas down there I'd love to hit up, if and when I find out what the deal is with the facilities and parking down there. Like you said, they spent millions renovating the area, and I believe it even was supposed to have another launch ramp.

DEADROOTS
02-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I follow all the rules, never make waves, and never have any problem with any law enforcement. As a matter of fact they have been very courteous in the past both at Castaic and Pyramid and have let me go a hand full of times when I didn't have my fishing license with me. Police are not as stupid as some may think. There are plenty of of shore lines to fish which would allow you to fish without a hassle. Don't make waves the Law wont make any. They mess with gang bangers and fishy criminals, not law abiding anglers. When you are somewhere that you are not supposed to be it makes their job much more difficult. People in the same setting don't always have the same intentions. I'm on water 2-4 days a week, minimum, and see exactly who's messed with and not. My point is lighten up a bit and enjoy what you have, it could be worst!

Jcco98
02-04-2009, 10:51 AM
I think they're probably just sick of people doing as they please at the lake. He may have thought that you parked on the side of the highway and made your way down. There is usually more to a story but who knows maybe he really was just a dick.

Take for example all the anglers who go and fish the launch ramp area......let me rephrase.....look at all the angler who avoid the "do not fish on the ramp sign" and instead fish the shoreline BLOCKING the launch ramp completely and disregarding all boaters. On many occasions boaters have hoked the horn and people still stand there and dont move.

I'm not saying youre a bad buy but it sounds to me like he may have reacted harshly towards you because he thought you were up to no good.

Hope what i said made sense, sometimes I dont even know what im saying.

If they are sick of people breaking the rules and doing as they please, then they certainly should not be wasting tiime messing with people who are not breaking the rules. There is little need for the excessive law enforcement.

Adam_B.
02-04-2009, 02:35 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! So true, but I liked Badfish2 reports. He sure was honest!

Hitts0n
02-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Im sure someone said this already,but you cannot park nor fish by the visitor center.Smokey bear road is the off ramp to get off on.now as 4 that sheriff...just let it be man....
If you are telling 100 % of the truth,let GOD handle it.I never been harrassed by a sheriff be4,cops yeah...LAPD!

Troutman65
02-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Im sure someone said this already,but you cannot park nor fish by the visitor center.Smokey bear road is the off ramp to get off on.now as 4 that sherrif......take it to his boss!:Evil:

Hitts, is the spot in question the spot we last fished together ?

Hitts0n
02-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Hitts, is the spot in question the spot we last fished together ?

Nope! He was in an off limits off ramp.We were good!

lurk 182
02-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Wow, sucks to hear about that experience.

I've been told 1,003,402 different things regarding the Vista Del Lago situation, from 194,295 different sources.

The concessionaire who runs the lake has told me it's completely off limits, unless you're visiting the Visitor's Center.

A few sheriff guys say it's ok to park in the dirt lot and hike down.

Other sheriff guys say it's illegal to park there.

Some say, you can buy the pass at the Smokey Bear Rd entrance gate, and then park there.

As you can see, that's why I avoid the area.

I'm extremely interested to see what ends up happening. There are a few areas down there I'd love to hit up, if and when I find out what the deal is with the facilities and parking down there. Like you said, they spent millions renovating the area, and I believe it even was supposed to have another launch ramp.

i've been consistently told that you cannot even use the smoky the bear exit if you're going to fish, period. not sure about signage, but were you the only guys down there? might tell you something. i agree that a large part of the lake is inaccessible by foot if you start out at the ramp, but i rarely see people shore fishing near the visitors center.

charlesTHEd3
02-04-2009, 05:59 PM
fished there about 50 times in 2008-----the lake was closed on and off all year.....a handicap person went to the lake and found that it was not handicap accessible....and tried to sue the lake?????? it also was under investigation as to how much water was being let out....i do believe pyramid sells off water, as does a few other so-cal lakes.....heres the deal, dont park right in front of the museum ,in that dirt lot......u can however park in the dirt lot just across from it....i have had 1 friend that got a ticket, think it was about 80 bucks---trespassing...... and it gave him hours to return without the tow....the dirt lot does not have any signs that say no parking, but the museum has no trespassing signs all over....since the dirt lot is part of the museum, that lot therefor is considered trespassing...i spoke to a highway patrol guy and thats what he told us, when we left one night.........i fished it all day and night, and parked up there for 15+ hours at a time without a ticket......ALSO, i have ran into that same sherrif dude in that boat numerous times, and only right after that so called lawsuit deal---when no boats were allowed either on the lake, did he even approach us, but just to check our license's. but he did do that same full speed approach and waked the whole shoreline.....look, when u go down be low key about it, the guy knows that all the access roads to the lake say no trespassing, so when the lake is closed 4 whatever reason, he knows if your on that south side of the lake that u parked up top......call 1st, and see if the main entrance is open, and park in the other lot.....or fish it at night-----but park across and try to start at midnight, that way if u do get a ticket---they cant ticket twice in one day.....and if he ticketed u 4 no parking, go take pictures and fight it......the people on the lake were tired of people goin down and littering it all over the place....i pick up other peoples trash too....but they dont know who leaves trash and who picks it up....plus all the fire's.......hope i helped u out....let me know if u have any other questions

lurk 182
02-04-2009, 06:21 PM
ok, so basically, its not exactly "all good" on the south side and there are clearly posted signs that say so? i'm all for better access to the minimal options we do have for freshwater, but you can't be surprised when the lawman treats you like someone who ignores the signs.

GeordyBass
02-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Castaic has a short Sheriff who has little man's complex. He likes to Harass people....... fisherman specifically.
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Is someone gonna get snagged?:Twisted:
j/k...

Hitts0n
02-09-2009, 05:30 PM
That sheriff is still on the loose! I heard he has struck again !

troutdog
02-09-2009, 05:36 PM
That guy owes BingJr a swimbait after running over the trolling gear...dude is a piece of work.

TD