PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait for The Stove!

soda818fishnclub
02-03-2009, 01:58 PM
I haven't been to Mammoth since October and I'm looking forward to some french toast from The Stove.Does anybody have another place I should try?

jim532
02-03-2009, 02:12 PM
The stove is you're best bet for breakfast.
Can't really recommend any other restraunts up there for lunch or dinner though. Most other places in mammoth are quite mediocre.

HBJapo
02-03-2009, 03:49 PM
There's a Mexican restaurant on the right side as you go up Main towards the golf course, it's pretty good.

Japo :Envious:

sierraslam
02-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Angel's has great food for lunch and dinner. Ribs, steak, Chicken, pasta, it's the best food in mammoth in my opinion. They do not take reservations and the place gets crowded. It is on the right side of the 203 up on a little hill. John's pizza works is across the street which isn't bad either. The Stove is the best for breakfast, but i hear the Breakfast Club is good. If you are in bishop then Jack's is of course the pick. Try Buffalo Bills in Bishop if you are a rib man like me. good fishin, and eatin!

aboos
02-03-2009, 04:21 PM
yea, stoves is pretty good. the breakfast club is right up there also. on weekends, the stove gets pretty packed so ive been going to this other place, i forgot the name but its in the shopping center where volcano sports is. not better than the stove imo but pretty decent and alot less people.

angels for dinner..thai'd up (spelling?) is pretty good also is you like thai food. giovannis for pizza,

dockboy
02-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Robertos is good mexican food for a good price. Perry's is pretty good italian. Base Camp makes a great breakfast, as does The Breakfast Club next to the Trout Fly. Schats has great pastries and decent warm items. Schats in bishop does everything good. There are plently of decent places. Unfournately the really good places, as always, like Whiskey Creek etc, are very expensive. Jons Pizza across from the Econolodge is good. And a Vons deli sandwich is an incredible way to spend lunch while on the water.

rusty6
02-03-2009, 04:24 PM
giovannis has some pretty good pizzas

soda818fishnclub
02-03-2009, 11:37 PM
We always hit Nik and Wilies for pizza.They have a great pesto pizza.

Sierra_Smitty
02-04-2009, 07:27 AM
My favorite is the breakfast club.....but I'm a Biscuits & Gravy kinda guy. They also have killer Chicken Fried Steak, 4 egg omelets and quiche. The stove is mediocre IMO but I haven't had their french toast.

Machaca at the Good Life Cafe is pretty outrageous too....