PDA

View Full Version : SARL Friday Night & Corona Sunday Day

Poxy Boggards
02-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Good afternoon FNN,

Here is a brief report on my two adventures to SARL and Corona this past weekend.

SARL Friday Night:
Got to the lake right around 4:00 PM. Walked in to see some nice stringers on parade, and to pick up a Coke while I waited. Note to all: the cleaning station has been moved across the street from the bait shop.

Hurried out to the Pump House in hopes fro some good action, only to find that there was already someone set up right on the spot that I wanted to fish. WTH? This has happened to me twice now while heading into the night session. People already set up on the best spots around the lake. Are they letting some people in early? Must be nice... Back to the fishing..

Set up my offerings of powermouse and an inflated crawler and started to wait. About three minutes after getting my second pole in the water, the powermouse gets hit hard. I run over set the hook and fight the fish for a minute before he comes unbuttoned. About 30 minutes later, I had my first small stocker in the basket. Fish was caught on green powerbait. Fished there until around 8:00 with a couple more short bites.

I decided to move over towards the launch ramp... Spot there was taken so I set up to the right of the rental pontoons. No action there after 30 minutes so I decided to make one more move over to Chris's pond.

Once at Chris's pond, the actioon picked up nicely. Had a fish within about 10 minutes. Seemed like all the fish wanted was powerbait. Could not get a bite on the crawler or powermouse. Had a steady pick until closing time. Ended the day with 4 fish and roughly a 8 pound stringer.

FFWD to Sunday at Corona:

Arrived at the lake around 5:00 AM, about 15 cars back. Head straight for the dam area. Put out a powermouse, and got a tentative hit within about 5 minutes but the fish did not take the bait. Waited, waited and waited some more, changed my bait every 30 minutes, but the fish just wre not cooperating.

At 11:30 notorious OL and I decided to get a half day boat. Out on the water again by 12:00 PM. Seemed like all of the fish were stacked up on the oposite end of the lake that we fished in the morning.

We ended the day with 8 fish, the best going just over 3 1/2 pounds. It was a beautiful tailwalker that we caught right at the buzzer. That fish had the ruby red meat, and I plan on cooking it up tonight.

Best baits were powermouse, in the Yellow/Orange pattern.

Good luck and tight lines! Sorry no pics, maybe next time.

trap-rattle
02-03-2009, 01:44 PM
nice post. good info on night fish at sarl...i'll have to think about givin' it a go. thanks again!

fishndrinknsmokin
02-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Hurried out to the Pump House in hopes fro some good action, only to find that there was already someone set up right on the spot that I wanted to fish. WTH? This has happened to me twice now while heading into the night session. People already set up on the best spots around the lake. Are they letting some people in early? Must be nice... Back to the fishing..

Nice job on the night fishing Poxy! I stayed home this Friday but it looks like I should have hit it up again based on your report. FYI, SARL will let you fish from 1230 - 11 pm anyday, for $32. This allows you pick and choose your spot before the night crowd gets in. It's a great deal if you fill your stringer but can get expensive to do every time if you're not catching some fish. Might be heading out there in a little bit if the nephew can get his butt over here soon.

Peace out.....FDS

Poxy Boggards
02-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the info FDS! What is the limit for the 12:30 to 11:00 session, is it still 5 fish?

BanginBob
02-03-2009, 07:16 PM
BB on the wire:

Great job out on the lake! Have to get my line tugging on one of these tailwalkers soon!

BB