PDA

View Full Version : AV Striper

Lipripper93561
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Been reading a few post on this site and decided to join. Thanks spooky,Ron, and Ramboboy for all the great tips and advice. I used to live down in Bako and hit those duct spots all the time for good fish, but now I moved up to Tehachapi so I'm fishing the southern ducts now. Headed out Saturday night around 6pm around the 70th street area, the wife and I have met a few nice guys out there in the past and thank you for the great advice and "fish stories", I guess we all have those...."should of been here last week"
I was tosssing a 4 inch white with silver flake tube on a 1/2 ounce jighead sprayed with YUM shad scent...about the 4th cast I get a thump, second cast after that bendo...fish on, drags starts humming on my Calcutta strung with 12lb Berkley mono, it starts shooting up the duct, so I had to do the quick underhand swap under the bouy lines.....no snap yet...50 yards down the duck i get him to shore. I had the wife snap a few pics as I had no net and was questioning my ability to lip this fish. It snapped off due to a rooky move, (holding the line to taught with a struggling fish) so no weight or lenght taken, estimated around 10-12lbs. Tight lines.

trail blazer
02-03-2009, 12:17 PM
NICE STRIPE BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next time you,l get your hands on him im sure

kpn
02-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Nice! Congrats on the DD catch, and welcome to the FNN board.

PS: Never holding the line when lip the fish out of the water.........
I lip fish out of the duct for Gary.....Never fail :) .

KPN.

WJC71
02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Nice Job out there

StriperEye
02-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Congrats on the catch, thanks for the report

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-05-2009, 11:55 AM
LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A NICE BIG FAT BEAST OF A FISH !

Bummer that ya lost it......get on em again......kill that motha next time

sorry bout the break off.

Congrats regardless !

RamboBoy
02-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Welcome aboard, Lipripper93561!

I am glad you have learning the tips and advice from us (spooky, ron, and me). Congrat you got a striper! :Smile:

watch out for gay dodo, he is a smack talker and hardcore striper, lol.

Also Eddie Fish Taco is a master of art fishing at d.v.l.

Again, nice picture. Please be safe at the duct!

spooky007
02-06-2009, 05:59 AM
That's a healthy specimen!! Next time, just drag that bad boy up!! they'll settle down enough to drag them up the side if your not comfortable grabbing them. If you plan on keeping it, give it a good punch in the head and that will stun them!!! Just watch your footing!!!

Lipripper93561
02-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks so much guys, I'm heading out Saturday night, hoping for a slayfest. I spooled up with braid on one baitcaster and mono on the other, now I am packing a net. Gotta love the steep banks, keeps things exiting. Hope to see you out there sometime. If I remember right, spooky has a kayak and posted a pic of his home guard yellow from down south a while back. Let me know if you plan on another trip like that, I'd like to meet you down with there with my zodiac, for a killer session.