PDA

View Full Version : job interview...need help

rusty6
02-03-2009, 09:52 AM
so i've been to quite a few but all those places had some pretty informal interview processes. today however i'm interviewing for an assistant tech job here on campus and have to interview with a panel of people and am freaking out. any tips?

NoHo ART
02-03-2009, 09:57 AM
take a xanax :Secret:

Granny Fish
02-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Be positive, confident and above all be yourself. Remember you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. :Wink:

DarkShadow
02-03-2009, 10:36 AM
• Make sure you dress appropriately and do not look like a folk singer's roadie.

I had some guy show up for our support interview dressed in ripped jeans and a polo shirt. If you have facial hair, make sure it's actually trimmed and kept up. Make sure your armpits, your breath, your feet, your crotch, etc. don't stink. Smoke your weed, AFTER the interview. Can't stress that one enough.

• Make eye contact and speak in a clear, confident tone, and do not slouch in your chair.

Nothing like the guy looking at his shoes when speaking to you, or responding to any of your questions like he's whispering.

• Have some questions for the interviewer.

That'll let him know that you are actually interested. In fact, do some research about the company, or the job itself, and be prepared to at least pretend.

• Follow up with a Thank You note.

Being polite and professional goes a long way.

Good luck!

rusty6
02-03-2009, 10:38 AM
do you think the fact that i have a black eye from my last rugby match will hurt my chances at all?

DarkShadow
02-03-2009, 10:46 AM
do you think the fact that i have a black eye from my last rugby match will hurt my chances at all?

LOL!

Actually, if played correctly, it can be what separates you from the rest.

You never know, the people interviewing you may be sports fans, and you can use it to your advantage. I know that for the current job I have now, 80% of the interview was spent talking Dodger baseball.

(Just don't go around saying that you got it after doing 3 eight balls of coke, and passing out face first on the pavement outside your room.)

Liteliner
02-03-2009, 10:52 AM
You should check out youtube. Heres just one of many helpful videos....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYqI0mAp2AY

Good luck...

rusty6
02-03-2009, 11:05 AM
thanks for the tips guys, hopefully i get this one

CraigH
02-03-2009, 11:09 AM
I'd use the black eye as an example of being a team player.

Cangler
02-03-2009, 11:26 AM

It may actually help , employers are always keen to know outisde
interests ..

Just dont tell them you are the hooker !

Ricky-Ray
02-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Don't forget to say "Please" and "Thank You" during the interview process. You'd be surprise just how much they will remember you just by being a little polite and courteous.

Wingnut
02-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Besides the obvious... dressing appropriately, project confidence, being courteous...

Know the position in which you are applying for and the company itself.

For example: Do your homework and say something like this, "Your company stock is holding at $29.32... pretty solid in today's economy."

Close the interview by saying this, "Based on my long standing admiration of the company's personnel, policies and services, I would consider employment with your organization to be a privilege..."

Works for me. :Wink:

Good luck. :Cool:

HBJapo
02-03-2009, 11:56 AM
It may actually help , employers are always keen to know outisde
interests ..

Just dont tell them you are the hooker !

Now I know why I didn't get that last job!

Japo :Envious:

rusty6
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
hahaha nah im too tall for hooker, i'm a lock

Troutman65
02-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Rusty6, you should do fine. You got some great advice from different people. Now go and get that job !!

rusty6
02-03-2009, 05:33 PM
UH!!! i interviewed like a champ!!! rocked that shizz