PDA

View Full Version : Intake 2 and South Lake 6/7 - 6/10

reelhigh
06-11-2007, 11:41 AM
My dad and I hit up the sierras over the weekend. I decided to leave the boat at home and take up the trailer so my dad could camp in luxury. We stayed at the Creekside RV Park on South Lake Rd, this place was awesome, the people that run the place were great and the campgrounds had all the amenities you could ask for. We fished South Lake and Intake 2 all 3 days, Intake 2 was the hot spot for us. We got smoked at South Lake but I saw a guy pull out a 6-7 lb Alper on a rainbow pattern Rooster Tail, most the people we had talked to all had the same luck at South Lake. Intake 2 was money, We caught 20 or so stockers and I got 1 fat 3.5lb Alpers. All the fish caught at Intake 2 came on the trusted red / gold Thomas Bouyant. The bait fishing was slow but the lure fishing was great all weekend. Here's the pics of the big boy, didn't bother with pics of the stockers.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/3.5trout.jpg

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/100_0765.jpg

Dad and I keeping it reel.
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/100_0768.jpg

We also fished the South Fork Bishop creeh and caught a few stockers drifting salmon eggs.

Good luck out there boys and girls.

Wingnut
06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Looks like a very nice outing, thanks for the report.

I'llBeHomeLater
06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
you don't see those in Castiac...nice dude.
i think if you would have spent less time drinkin you would have caught more fish... :food:

reelhigh
06-11-2007, 04:35 PM
you don't see those in Castiac...nice dude.
i think if you would have spent less time drinkin you would have caught more fish... :food:

I think if you would take your balls out of your girl's purse, you would've been FISHIN and DRINKIN with us. JK :thumb:

SoadTilt15
06-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Nice catch dude. Which part of the lake did you catch that from? I will be going up there Thursday.

reelhigh
06-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Nice catch dude. Which part of the lake did you catch that from? I will be going up there Thursday.

I just sent you a PM with the location.

Sierra_Smitty
06-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Nice job on the Alper bro...and kudos for scoring at the intake on the iron. South has been tough the last two weeks...even with the big load of Alpers we put in and the dump of DFG fish last week, the fish just aren't easy to get. We'll be putting in another load of Alpers pretty soon and the DFG will be stocking weekly now so I expect things to pick up...at least I hope so, damn I rarely get out of the canyon this time of year so I depend on South and Sabrina to produce.

Peace,
Smitty
GM South Lake Boat Landing

reelhigh
06-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Nice job on the Alper bro...and kudos for scoring at the intake on the iron. South has been tough the last two weeks...even with the big load of Alpers we put in and the dump of DFG fish last week, the fish just aren't easy to get. We'll be putting in another load of Alpers pretty soon and the DFG will be stocking weekly now so I expect things to pick up...at least I hope so, damn I rarely get out of the canyon this time of year so I depend on South and Sabrina to produce.

Peace,
Smitty
GM South Lake Boat Landing

Thanks Smitty. The crazy thing is the trout were everywhere at South Lake, they just didn't feel like eating I guess. Thats probably why they call it fishing and not catching. South Lake is beautiful, I'll be back again in a month or so because I know this lake produces.

Hitts0n
06-12-2007, 07:40 AM
:mrgreen:

Troutman65
06-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks for your report

Congrats on your catch

:thumb:

Tm65

gwar666r
06-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I was up their to and cought a 5lb Alper on a brown trout pattern thomas bouyant, and like u said the bait was slow so i put a power worm out their on a float and cought some stockers and a few browns.

trouttroller
06-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Great pictures and report, Intake2 is a great place to fish.

fishinmagician
06-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Nice report boss. I was the skinner of the two guys who you met while wading the south fork stream. I think we also met you and your dad the day prior at South Lake.

No pictures to add at this time but I our total for the trip was 138 trout, most from that wide open day at Sabrina. It was pleasure meeting your guys and seeing your phots on this board.

tight lines.

reelhigh
06-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Nice report boss. I was the skinner of the two guys who you met while wading the south fork stream. I think we also met you and your dad the day prior at South Lake.

No pictures to add at this time but I our total for the trip was 138 trout, most from that wide open day at Sabrina. It was pleasure meeting your guys and seeing your phots on this board.

tight lines.

Yeah I remember you guys, small world.