PDA

View Full Version : 2/1 The Vine, sUPER Sunday-

kewlwhip
02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
So, the day prior was a tough bite during the striper bowl contest up at castaic...

I knew then i had to get some payback from the "fishgods" so i made a call to whit to see if he was free to fish...he was free around noon..

Got to the lake by 8am, no sleep the night prior so tried to get some extra Z's...sunny, clear skies, a beautiful day at the Vine!- now its time for the fishies to cooperate. Saw Magic Mitz doing some magic of his own...here kitty-kitty... :Wink:
-I got my tasty breakfast burrito from "pinoy" and rugilio...thanks fellas, that food keeps me going out on the water all day long! Bought a couple drinks/snacks and was off for a few hours until whit was free.

Started trolling lead and fluoro up top....right by trout island i get the first hit! A nice trouty to start off the am! Continued to troll and viewed the scenery of the lake...not much traffic at all, a few shore anglers, guess everyone was getting there gear ready for the superbowl...all good, usually a good time when the traffics light out in the water...continued to troll until i got the call from whit...said he'd be a bit longer, so i went on trolling...had a lull a few times, so i switched out depth, and lure colors...went to one of my spots on the lake that i've been getting my big hits at, but no big boys/girls wanted to play. By then whit calls back and says Troutman65 will be coming up to drop him off, since i was out near one of the buoys...just then i see them so i start heading to the meeting spot...BAM, LINE GOES bendo, i set hook, but all i got was a lower trout jaw when reeling in..hahahah..

Picked up Whit, chatted with TM65 (loads of laughs) hey wheres my gummy bears!~ hah...
after whit gets picked up, we start on the troll, and Whits all game...well about an hour into it, whit gets hit and gets his trout...45mins later, his pops calls him up, and he has to do the fambam stuff...we real up lines and head back to the docks. By then i was thinking of calling it a day, but decided to do it 1 more time! The day was that nice at the vine, so i wanted to take it all in!

Ended the last hour with 4 more hits, and 1 more taker, a 2lb LMB! HAH... Upon coming in, i see one of the pro staff guys with a sizeable trout (sorry didnt know your name) congrats tho!..Then David at the end says "see kewly, thats how its done" Thanks David, so nextime we fish, and someone catches a fish instead of twigs, i'll say "see david, thats how you catch a fish" lol...

got home just in time to catch the 2nd-4th qtr of the superbowl with some friends...what a great game that was...

til nextime-

Fish On!
-kewly

chatted with a few trollers out on the water, saw one guys stringer of nice 1-3lbrs, and another with a few too! GL out there, the trolling will get better and better...

bait and wait seems to be the way to do it still- but i can't do that when on the boat...TROLL or NOTHING! hah.

Troutman65
02-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Kewly, nice report Bruddah. You forgot about the Trail Mix too. :Dancing Banana:

Always nice to see you at the lake fishing H.

:Big Smile:

troutdog
02-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Nice read Kewly, thanks for taking us on the adventure....replace the digi cam yet?

TD

Rooster
02-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Sweet report Kewly, Way to rebound from Saturday. Sounds like a day to remember.. Props

goo
02-03-2009, 11:12 AM
i like Kewly.
He "hooks it up" on the fishing knowledge,
Thanks Kewly!

Thanks also to the good folks at Irvine Lake!
David, Whit, the amigos at the docks, Buddy on the patrol boat, Chefs, & everyone else who's name i forget. Always good times, always learn something new.

see ya next time!
-goo

kewlwhip
02-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Kewly, nice report Bruddah. You forgot about the Trail Mix too. :Dancing Banana:

Always nice to see you at the lake fishing H.

:Big Smile:

ahh yes, trail mix- likewise TM65! wheres my tri-tip?! lol

Nice read Kewly, thanks for taking us on the adventure....replace the digi cam yet?

TD Hey TD, thanks buddy- no camera yet...i should have one come next week :Cool: Needed it for striperbowl/irvine this past weekend for sure!

Sweet report Kewly, Way to rebound from Saturday. Sounds like a day to remember.. Props thanks Rooster- needed that rebound from a tough bite. The Vine trout are always ready to bite and play!

i like Kewly.
He "hooks it up" on the fishing knowledge,
Thanks Kewly!

Thanks also to the good folks at Irvine Lake!
David, Whit, the amigos at the docks, Buddy on the patrol boat, Chefs, & everyone else who's name i forget. Always good times, always learn something new.

see ya next time!
-goo Thanks Goo- I've learned a little bit for the past 15+ years, from personal trips to pro guide/friends. Agrees, if it weren't for the Staff at the Vine, it wouldn't be the same fun at the lake. Great help, service, and fishing- And if you dont catch, remember thats FISHING- We all get em sooner or later!

johnnyblade666
02-03-2009, 03:23 PM
hey kewly (i'm the guy related to SPP) i was there saturday. caught a couple nice 3-4 pounders trolling (biggest ones i've caught all year)and one little on bait near trout island. you need to drag eric out one of these weekends. the bigger fish seemed to be towards the back of the lake

kewlwhip
02-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Hey Billy whats happening- i'm at work right now. E's been wanting me to take him...so its gona be pretty quick styles! see ya soon!

GdHkSet1
02-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah Kewly, way to attack it. Look fwd to getting back up there and dial in the hogs on some trolling.

kewlwhip
02-04-2009, 11:33 AM
they're out there...just waiting to stick a few into the boat! Lmk nextime you make it out there-

Troutman65
02-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Mmmmmm Tri-Tip !!! I have not made any in sometime. Maybe I ' ll do some up and grill it after work soon.:Big Grin: