PDA

View Full Version : newport 4-14

labboss2003
04-15-2007, 07:55 PM
fished south of newport using cut squid did very untill the wind came up caught 8 sandies (2 4+) 12 calicos (6 keppers 6 dinks)
seen the patriot out of newport just to the outside of us they drove around for what seemed to be 45 min in circles never stoping sure glad i got my own boat
after wind came up we went into the bay trolled around using chartruse rapalas caught 4 bays 4 sandies 1 hali and 1 barri
seen alot of guys trolling around
the only thing that sucks about the bay on the weekend is the pepole who rent those elec. boats they seem to have no common courtesy to those around them had 4 of them almost broad side my boat
sure would be nice if dan hernadez or ronnie kovachs could adress this on there tv shows or maybe give the pepole who rent them an I Q test before leaving the dock
finaly put name on my boat Suzy-Q III so if any sees me out there stop by and say hello maybe we can trade fishin info thanks ........Bob

JapanRon
04-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Hi labboss2003,

Good job on the fishys. I haven't seen a post from you so ...... it's welcome aboard from me.

Attack of the Electric Boats ..... sounds like a cool parody of boating manners!! :lol: :lol:

JapanRon

Greg Madrigal
04-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Yeah, Great report man. Interesting....U caught a cuda inside the Bay??????
Was the hali a keeper?
GM

POSTAL
04-16-2007, 12:53 AM
What kind of boat do you have ??I was there also all day ..I dont know what part of newport you were in where there was no wind today ...?I was there in the dark before sun up and the wind was blasting everywhere..We also landed a few small sandies cali's one spot.Also nailed a nice keeper hali on a 3 in gulp squid in about 4 ft of water ..There was a bunch of idiots out there today .every report I have from newport involves a idiot on the water or ramp..I had some old man in his 40 ft cruiser cut me off while trolling then his jerk a s s wife starts yelling at us stop you have to wait we are backing in .I nicely told her where to go then kept trolling :twisted: .Then at the ramp my pal was holding my boat while I got the truck .Some smuck who oviously had no boat experience was launching a 30 or so foot new cigarette style boat with no helper in a very very high wind well he dunkes the boat then it drifts fast heading directly at my boat and starts pushing it into the dock and he just stands there wondering what to do .So I fly down the ramp and 3 other people run over to help and push his boat away just before it crushed my alum boat .He didnt even say thanks to us for helping his dumb ***.This guy would have eaten his front teeth for lunch if he had damaged my boat .It seems every weekend my boat gets hit by some jerk ..

labboss2003
04-16-2007, 12:30 PM
I have a 23 ft aquasport walk around no top (yet) caught the barri close to pch bridge the hali also the hali threw the rapala at the the boat but i think it was short anyway .....................Bob