PDA

View Full Version : help with electrical motor/replacement

BluefinDan
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Hello folks, I have an acient Sears mod. # 113-22541 6"x48"/ 9" disk sander. I need to replace the motor which burned up Sunday morning. It is an old ununit, a new one runs $599.00 and I know a motor would be lots cheaper. Anybody know of a source, repairman that could help me out withgetting this contraption back in service ?? I have used it to make those Bob Bowen type boxes, and my custom swimbait lures several years ago. I will pay the going rate for a competent service man who can perform the necessary repairs.

My email is fireeagle@dslextreme.com and my phone is 626-334-1904, in Azusa.

ANy help or referral is appreciated.

DAN

bigbluthng
02-03-2009, 10:05 AM
have you tried grainger?

or a place that rewinds motors?

farleyd
02-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Call sears they have a repair center. They can tell you if they have the parts.

BluefinDan
02-04-2009, 01:55 PM
I tried Sears service center and was told that that motor is no longer available.

Thanks for the input I called Graingers Industrial in Irwindale ( 626-337-7668 ) and the tech named Paul said they do not do sales to private people. However, he said he would help me out and called it a 'COURTESY SALE' !!!

He gave me an order # to use when I go in on Thursday morning and Things should be taken care of, the motor is in stock, motor frame and all specs match so I will be good to go.

A new 6x48" sander w/ the 9" disc on a stand runs $1099.00 at Sears so I am getting off light compared to a new one.

Thanks again,

DAN