PDA

View Full Version : Best fishing moon phase?

chansen49
02-02-2009, 03:08 PM
My buddy and I are planning to do a bishop run next week. Is it best to fish before during or after the full moon.??

Thanks.

Chris

Troutman65
02-02-2009, 07:33 PM
I like fishing on the full Moon. It helps me better see to tie my knotts and see my gear in the early morning bite .

:Big Smile:

WARRIORMIKE
02-02-2009, 07:41 PM
My buddy and I are planning to do a bishop run next week. Is it best to fish before during or after the full moon.??

Thanks.

Chris

Moon phases and tides are all just a bunch of hoopla,when it comes to fresh water fish. Just go fish!!!

DCCTrouserTrout
02-03-2009, 06:54 AM
I agree with you to just get out there and fish but I think the fish know...

sansou
02-03-2009, 08:23 AM
In the summer and fall, it is a well known fact that a full moon (which affects the insect hatches & trout feeding at night) does not make for "optimal" fishing lake fishing for wild trout. I'm not sure how the same lunar activity affects truck trout though.

seal
02-03-2009, 08:26 AM
I think there is something to the moon phase but depending on what type of fish and water you are fishing (lake, creek, pond etc...) depends on the impact. I use to get real nervous when heading to the Sierra's during a full moon phase, seemed a little slow during full moon, but then again it didn't seem to hurt the creek fishing at all. And who know's could have been just a coincidence. On the other hand I look forward to the full moon when striper fishing.

I think I would go with the rest, just go fish and don't get caught up in the moon phase game.