PDA

View Full Version : Corona 1/31/09

IslandBoi
02-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Corona 01/31/09

Team Islander is back and ready for a full day of slaying!!!!! Decided to hit up Corona lake for my 1st outing in about 3-4 months. Man I was anxious. Been waiting for this day for the last month and a half. So I hit up BPS Friday night and loaded up on the PB and hooks n stuff like that.
3:30 am comes and I’m up and ready to go. Swoop up my buddy Louis at about 4:00 am and head of down the good ole 15 fwy. Meet up with my boy OZ and pull up to the Lake. 4:40 am. Dayum!!! Still got an hour n change b4 the slaying begins!!!! We are about 15 cars back and feeling good. Went up to the counter and lucked out, last pontoon boat available. STOKED!!!! But once I walked down the stairs, was kind of disappointed. These pontoons are nothing like the ones at Irvine. Way more ghetto, hahahaha but who cares, as long as it floats, I’m good.

So we head of East/North side of the lake (away from the dam I guess) anchor down and let’s fish!!!! Weapons of choice: 1- 7’0” medium action Quantum pole w/Shimano reel, 4 lb. trilene sensation line Carolina rig w/6” Berkley vanish leader #8 treble. Green pb with Garlic smelly jelly (thought I would try this out, works pretty good in the salt, “bass feast”) 2 – 6’6” Diawa Light action w/Diawa reel, 4 lb. trilene sensation w/6” vanish leader, #8 treble, pb orange w/garlic & Berkley gulp worm.

Fishing is sloooooooooow till about 8:30 – 9:00 am. I get hit and my 7’ goes bendo!!! FISH ON LADIES!!!! Nice little fight …. Then all of a sudden …. Flying fish, heads up…Got me a nice little tailwalker!!! Stoked …. Get him up to the toon, and just as he is about to be netted, snap, breaks off!!!! Dangit …. Fish-1 IB-0. About an hour passes and bendo again….This time I’m determined to land this band boy….I figured he was a little guy bcuz there was no fight at all. Pulled him and and to my surprise a nice little rainbow 3 lber. I’m feeling good. Then fishing died for the next couple hours and didn’t picked back up till about 1:30 or so. Went bendo one more time but farmed it. AH…oh well
Final Score: Fish-2 IB-1. My buddy Louis landed one and Oz got the skunky.

The weather was beautiful, lake was especially scenic with this nice little piece sporting the cal poly shorts fishing with g-pa. ( She was slaying, saw her catch 5 fish within 1 hour) ridiculous….

Was a little disappointed at the end of the day. Only landed 1 but saw guys with 7+ stringers. Guess I didn’t have that secret bait of something ….

From watching everyone around me catch fish, I tried to peek out the bait. Looks like it was green and orange that was working best. Caught mine on Green pb w/smelly jelly garlic.

Great start to a new year though, stayed clear of the skunky!!!!! Pictures to follow, once I load them up from the camera.

Till next session … Tight Lines fellar’z
Team Islander
Island Boi

flopps1
02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Nice report!!!! At least it wasn't a skunk and most importantly? You were able to fish!

yamafish
02-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Nice report :Smile:.. And you got to check out the scenic Cal Poly thing on the shoreline. Now how can you beat that. In the boat fishin', nice view!
Can't get too much better!

IslandBoi
02-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Nice report :Smile:.. And you got to check out the scenic Cal Poly thing on the shoreline. Now how can you beat that. In the boat fishin', nice view!
Can't get too much better!

I was bootyfull, hahahahaha made the day go by nice.