PDA

View Full Version : LBSF POG Halibut Derby 2 1 09

ghetto dad
02-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Halibut fishing has been nothing short of excellent the last couple of weeks for the Icon. The Leader Board continues to grow, with a more consistant bite on bigger fish. On Saturday, Shawn took his 18 passengers out and landed 6 legal halibut. Big fish was landed by Pat Riley ,it tipped the scales at 17.05 lbs. Next up was Dennis Monroe with a 16.0, Matt Logan with a 15.65 and a 11.95, and Fred Ichikawa landed a 6.80. The jackpot money is also continuing to grow. On top of the Leader Board is Fred Ichikawa, who landed a monster 28.55 lb halibut the day before.

Decent fishing today guys and girls, with 2 landed today. Veronica Potes landed a 7.4 and Pam Sharp landed a 6.0!!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/2_1_09_2.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/2_1_09_1.jpg

Youll get em next time OFG!! Great seeing you today....you didnt even say goodbye tho! :Crying:

GD

Ricky-Ray
02-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Way to go ladies....

Dam....no love on the hali's for the guys today. Must be Superbowl Karma.

mickeysindahouse
02-01-2009, 08:33 PM
It was a tough day out on the water today. Captain, as always, busted his butt to get us some 'Buts. The entire crew is to be commended - excellent boat!

I just barely beat the skunk with two sandies and a farmed halibut. However, I'm glad that the ladies took the two 'Buts of the day.

I was next to Veronica when she hooked up right after she was done whining about the less than wide open bite. She and her dad were stoked!

Congrats Veronica & Pam!!!

Jackpot Jimmy
02-01-2009, 09:09 PM
WTG Pam and Veronica!! Nice job!

ghetto dad
02-01-2009, 10:23 PM
It was a tough day out on the water today. Captain, as always, busted his butt to get us some 'Buts. The entire crew is to be commended - excellent boat!

I just barely beat the skunk with two sandies and a farmed halibut. However, I'm glad that the ladies took the two 'Buts of the day.

I was next to Veronica when she hooked up right after she was done whining about the less than wide open bite. She and her dad were stoked!

Congrats Veronica & Pam!!!

wth mickey??? i didnt know you were out there?????

GD

olfishergal
02-01-2009, 10:48 PM
yah GD, Mickey was there lol..........I hollered in the office this am that it was time for the gals to win and sure enuf they did congrats Veronica and Pam.....Bruce Watson, his friend Adam and I all had a great time today. The butts weren't to be for us today, buttttttttt, I wasn't skunked and I really caught a rock fish and I mean rock.......hooked a rock and when we checked the rock out there was another hook embedded in it......really weird. I will try and take a pic of it. We three got some skulpins, but thats ok for me cus they taste very good grilled. Fishing was slow and spent alot of time watching the paint dry. Makes for good conservation and meeting new friends. T57 was well represented today and as ever had a good time.........GALS RULE!!!!! I will be back next week and try it again. I need to catch a butt. Hopefully next sunday will be a bit better. Sorry I didn't say goodby GD, I had to get to the facility lol.....and was to tired to turn around and say goodnight......thanks again for the very good day on the water.......OFG

ghetto dad
02-01-2009, 10:55 PM
yah GD, Mickey was there lol..........I hollered in the office this am that it was time for the gals to win and sure enuf they did congrats Veronica and Pam.....Bruce Watson, his friend Adam and I all had a great time today. The butts weren't to be for us today, buttttttttt, I wasn't skunked and I really caught a rock fish and I mean rock.......hooked a rock and when we checked the rock out there was another hook embedded in it......really weird. I will try and take a pic of it. We three got some skulpins, but thats ok for me cus they taste very good grilled. Fishing was slow and spent alot of time watching the paint dry. Makes for good conservation and meeting new friends. T57 was well represented today and as ever had a good time.........GALS RULE!!!!! I will be back next week and try it again. I need to catch a butt. Hopefully next sunday will be a bit better. Sorry I didn't say goodby GD, I had to get to the facility lol.....and was to tired to turn around and say goodnight......thanks again for the very good day on the water.......OFG

No worries chris.....next time GF!!!!

GD