PDA

View Full Version : Butt in Paradise

Tail Chaser
06-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Kind of a boat test(New Prop) A speargun test(New Gun) and a wetsuite test (New Suite
Left the house kind of Late. 8:30 Had not made my mind up where I was going. Bad bumpy freeways on the 405 down to MDR or Channel islands harbor. Risk of lot full, and no parking for the Rig. So after fueling,Off to MDR I went. Launched at 10:00. Went offshore to Santa Monica Canyon for Nothin. :roll: Looking at the charts at that point. Noticed it was aprox 10 miles to Rocky Point or Paradise Cove.So figured Paradise Cove is a little less traveled and cleaner water too. So off I went. Metered around Pt Dume a bit. Then backtracked to Paradise Cove. Caught one 27" Halibut and a 36" Shark? of some sort. Didnt know what it was. He was friendly, So I let him go. The next Morning tryed out the Speargun and wetsuite for like three hours. Turns out I float like a cork with only 5lbs on the weight belt.Couldnt even dive :roll: Maybe should have tied the boat anchor to me :shock: Xlnt overnite trip as usual :D

hookemdano
06-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Nice hali!

That is some sort of shark - it's a shovel nose guitar fish. They're pretty thick in that area from all the surf posts I've read on this board.

Daus
06-11-2007, 10:07 AM
hey brokenrod,

I'm glad you've improved on your fishing. That's a nice halibut. Did you trailer your boat all the way from canyon country?

Daus.

alexonfreshsaltwater
06-11-2007, 01:54 PM
that is shovel nose shark. Good fighting fish. SOme folks will eat it for its meat. Nice looking butt!

Tail Chaser
06-12-2007, 08:32 AM
hey brokenrod,

I'm glad you've improved on your fishing. That's a nice halibut. Did you trailer your boat all the way from canyon country?

Daus. Thanks Daus
Yep!...Trl the boat from Acton. 20miles North of Canyon Country. Ive had a few OK fishing trips. Bunch of rock fish off Rocky Point a few Calicos, and some ling. Really after the Yellowtail,WSB,and hopefully a Dorado?Maybe a Halibut if i'm just out screwing around(which most trips are) :D I think my boat is to fun. Maybe I need a smaller lousy boat,Then I would spend more time fishing, And less time just enjoying the the boat, and being on the water. :D Guess my standards are a little different then most. I figure if a fish is not at least 24" He is not worth killing or posting. :roll:
Wait for my future 20+ lb Yellowtail/WSB pics :lol:

JapanRon
06-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi Broken Rod,

Sounds like fun.

JapanRon