PDA

View Full Version : Fishing from Balboa Island ???? Is it legal??

Haliwood
02-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Can i go to balboa island and fish around the docks on foot? Or is it all private property? IF i cant, where in the newport harbor can i fish in? Thanks in advance for any info

-Ed

Troutman65
02-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Ed, I think you have to do your homework and go down and scout out for yourself the spots you can fish from . Its more fun that way.:Big Grin: I do know there are some. Good luck

Fish Dog
02-01-2009, 11:28 PM
short answer, yes, you can fish there.

ghetto dad
02-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Ed, I think you have to do your homework and go down and scout out for yourself the spots you can fish from . Its more fun that way.:Big Grin: I do know there are some. Good luck

yeah, if you get a citation, that will be your first clue that you were not supposed to fish there....lol....good luck man

GD

fishmounter
02-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes, you can fish any of the beaches unless it is roped off or posted "No Fishing" or "No Trespassing". You CANNOT walk out on private docks and fish. I would never do that, especially at night!...Ha ha Just don't leave any trash or take a leak in any of these places. Some old rich lady sees this and there goes our fishing place!

Nessie Hunter
02-08-2009, 04:06 PM
NO dont fish from Balboa Island.. EVER..... :EyePop:

PM Sent, check your inbox

RamboBoy
02-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Simplify

look for the Sign "No fishing on the Dock", that is what you are doing on your homework to look for the Sign.

Haliwood
02-09-2009, 12:26 AM
thanks for all the info guys! Im gonna tryit out as soon as the weathers gets a little better. Good luck to all