PDA

View Full Version : Lines and Lures

Fishingmonkee
02-01-2009, 05:38 PM
How should the line be properly secured to the lures? also im pretty sure i do not need weight when using lures correct? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Addicted 2Fishin
02-01-2009, 06:52 PM
I usually use the good old fisherman's knot. Look it up on google if you don't already know how to. With hard baits such as crank baits, you should not need to use a weight with the lure, that is how the lure is made. Good luck.

Nessie Hunter
02-02-2009, 08:02 AM
Google *fishing knots*....
http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishing.php

I almost always use the Palomar & Trilene knots...
The Rapala is good for a little play in live bait and some hard baits.. The knot is not tight to the eye...

I like the double wrap on the eye with Palomar & Trilene. Plus they are very easy to tie & quick......

I almost always join line together with uni to uni (leader line & spectra to top shot etc)....

Weight on hard baits isnt needed.. But I have texas rigged hard baits to get down a tad more.... Not the best way, but works in a pinch.... :Embarrassed:

Fishingmonkee
02-02-2009, 12:14 PM
if i wanna use a bobber on a spinning rod and bait and wait. how should i rig it?

calico killer kevin
02-02-2009, 04:25 PM
if i wanna use a bobber on a spinning rod and bait and wait. how should i rig it?
Bobber, split shot half way down, hook or lure, bait(for hook not lure)

Nessie Hunter
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM

Cant help ya on that.. Never did it.....