PDA

View Full Version : Camping Help

xtranzman
02-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Hey all, It's been too long since Sapen and I have taken the trailer out and I looks like we will have next Friday, Saturday and Sunday off.

It is kind of late notice, but does anyone have any suggestions for a three day get away? Most of the local beaches are already sold out and I see some county parks have opening.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance for the help.

:Cold Fishing:

X

Troutman65
02-01-2009, 04:01 PM
:Rolls Eyes:

Hummm.

:Rolls Eyes:

IRVINE LAKE :!!!::!!!::!!!:

:Wink:

:Big Grin:

lalo56
02-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Have you tried San Onofre? Been a while since i camped there, just a hike away you can get to the beach and hit the surf if you want to fish there.

Fish Dog
02-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Skinner has a nice campground...

http://www.riversidecountyparks.org/park-directory/all-parks/lake-skinner/

Simplyeman
02-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Just a thought...but it's not like they were right before. It looks like it's going to rain Friday and Saturday.

troutdog
02-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Hey X-Man I'm not too sure how far you want to drive or not drive, but when I lived in the SF Valley we would head to Emma Woods St Beach:

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Emma_Wood_Sb/r/campsiteCalendar.do?page=calendar&contractCode=CA&parkId=120032&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

...first come first serve on spots were saviors for us even on busy weekends. The key was being able to get there by Friday morning, even better if you can hit it Thursday night!

Beaches are nice and there are plenty of things to do in the area depending on what you enjoy, nice restaurants, shopping etc....personally I hafta consider the fuel/milage factor because I drive so much as it is. With that said TM65 might have the best suggestion :Wink:....with a chance of showers Friday and a 40% threat of rain Saturday I imagine crowds might be lighter than normal. I'm planning on Friday being the big fish day at the Vine!

Have fun and be safe wherever you choose,

TD

lalo56
02-02-2009, 03:50 AM
DAMN TD San Fran is expesive and the drive is not nice either. I wouldnt go camp there.Its good to party there but not camp. My gf's sis stays there.
OH AND FORGET ABOUT THE PARKING!!!!!!! IF YOU DRIVE THE PARKING THEY TAKE AN ARM AND A LEG!!!!

Hey X-Man I'm not too sure how far you want to drive or not drive, but when I lived in the SF Valley we would head to Emma Woods St Beach:

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Emma_Wood_Sb/r/campsiteCalendar.do?page=calendar&contractCode=CA&parkId=120032&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

...first come first serve on spots were saviors for us even on busy weekends. The key was being able to get there by Friday morning, even better if you can hit it Thursday night!

Beaches are nice and there are plenty of things to do in the area depending on what you enjoy, nice restaurants, shopping etc....personally I hafta consider the fuel/milage factor because I drive so much as it is. With that said TM65 might have the best suggestion :Wink:....with a chance of showers Friday and a 40% threat of rain Saturday I imagine crowds might be lighter than normal. I'm planning on Friday being the big fish day at the Vine!

Have fun and be safe wherever you choose,

TD

RedKnight
02-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Go to Lake Hemet

troutdog
02-02-2009, 09:06 PM
DAMN TD San Fran is expesive and the drive is not nice either. I wouldnt go camp there.Its good to party there but not camp. My gf's sis stays there.
OH AND FORGET ABOUT THE PARKING!!!!!!! IF YOU DRIVE THE PARKING THEY TAKE AN ARM AND A LEG!!!!

SF Valley= San Fernando Valley

I suggested Emma Woods for camping not "SF", reread my post.... and since when was San Francisco ever considered a valley?

The Angler
02-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Uhh..
Rancho Jurupa has a nice camping area its not at the beach but it has 2 little lakes to fish