PDA

View Full Version : Thanks T/O for putting on the StriperBowl2-Kuddos to Gary!

kewlwhip
02-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Striper Bowl 2

THANK YOU BOB-T/O!!! kudos to Gary for being the sport to pick the raffles, and sing to the cops! hahahahah...

Thank you to all that help supported StriperBowl2,,..raffles AND MORE! That was the best raffle that i've seen in awhile, where everyone made out on some goodies! Ready for StriperBowl3 and more!

wow...what am i doing up...i fell asleep when i got home, woke up and here it is!

Was a great day, but not that great for fishing...we metered fish all around, but were unable to get them to commit. We got the wrong type of bass- lol

Nice meeting/seeing EVERYONE out in the water today! I forgot your "screen-names" on here, but I never forget a face! I'll see y'all soon!!

Once again, thanks T/O (uncleB) for putting on StriperBowl2, and thanks Gary for putting the campground and more together (guitar lyrics, solo and more!)

I hope all of you digged your "goodie-raffle-bags" I enjoyed putting those together, hopefully alot of you were pleasantly surprised with the goodies!! Sure blackwater's got some shots, and Uncle B, enough said!...getting to pick a raffle bag at the end of the day, made me feel that much better with the tough fishing today- But hey, THATS FISHING! Saw some crazy stuff at the end of the day-Geordy and pops just missed what we rolled up on- we tried to let ya on tha spot, but it ended up being "overan" after a bit...NE wayz

some goodies that were in the raffle- An abundance of Berkley Frenzy lures-gulp, KPN, PEARLswimbaits, Wingnut-bluetooth, team 57 basspro gift cards, feelthesteel lures, tackle bags, Bonzerbaits, fishing poles/rod, SSpro, BBZs,...much much more-

TIL NEXTIME,

FISH ON!
-kewly

PONTOON
02-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Hey Bob, thanks for letting me and Trolly fish with you guys in the tournament. Even if we did show up to be the second to last boat in line Saturday Team TrollToon had a blast fishing with every one. We got to meet some new faces and trolling next to the Salmonoid Phenom is always cool. Sorry we couldn't stay for the festivities. I had to limp my truck home from Trollys so I didn't know how long it was going to take.

Basstaic
02-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Who caught what and what was the winning fish? Sounds like everyone had a good time.

GdHkSet1
02-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey Kewly, kudos on the goody bags- got a BPS card-saving up for some waders! Thanks to All again, you guys put on a really cool event- missed the Gary Jam session, but the Videos expplain it all- that guy jams on the gee-tar:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk51/GdHkSet/STRIPERBOWL09014.jpg

rcman51
02-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Bob.....Thanks for putting on yet another great event, we had a great time of camaraderie out on the water and off. Thanks once again and look forward to our next annual STRIPERBOWL.

Gary, thanks for the guitar playing and songs, I couldn't stop laughing! had a great time.

Kewlwhip thanks for putting together all of the goodie bags and all that contributed, they were great.

To all our members that attended it was great putting a face to the handle and finally meeting you all, looking forward to seeing you all on the water and future events.

What a great turnout!

Tightlines.......................................R cman51 - Manny

P.S. Im still LMAO at Gary's songs!

blackwater
02-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Had a great time out on the water with Kewlwhip and TO and all the other boats out there... even though the fishing was el sinko! Fishing with good guys like TO and Kewl is always a blast. Laughs all day on the boat!
Sorry to miss the raffle and all but my back (sciatica) was killing me.
Next year we need to look at the fishing calendar first.

Thanks again guys! BW

kewlwhip
02-01-2009, 11:46 PM
yeee hawww! lolzz... hey bW send over/post up some pics!-

ps here are some links to the other postings...

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=28924&page=2

-----------------------------------

youtube by Phishook

lol Striper blitz!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1907655583783246133&ei=pNyFSfihF6L-qAPNyIXpCg&q=striper+blitz&hl=en

Dedicated to BoB (TroutOnly)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1722292942236869403&ei=btuFSci5G6O6qAOmpLj2Cg&q=dedicated+to+bob&hl=en

troutdog
02-02-2009, 02:16 AM
I knew I was missing out on a great time, I wish I coulda made it!

Gary the songs are classic...you play a mean guitar dude!

TD

kpn
02-02-2009, 10:07 AM
It was nice seeing FNN'er at the Bowl. Despite the tough bite, it was a nice day to be out fishing with friends.
I can't wait for the Striper Bowl III.

Special thanks to Bob & Gary.

KPN.

lizzay
02-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Another outing and I missed on it. Looks like you guys had some great memories for the start of this year.

Gary, you are one awesome dude with the guitar. wish I could play like that.

fishinone
02-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Bob,

Thank you for organizing the Striper Bowl.

The tough bite made us really work for it. Hiro deserves his kudos. Gary deserves kudos too. Hiro caught the fish on FeelTheSteel special jig.

FishINone

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Wow, there’s so much to say but that about sums things up …….WOW !

1st and foremost….

CONGRATULATIONS Hiro !!!....what a win…the “undefeated champion!”….I’m gonna have ta do something about that next year buddy !!!

Ha ha ha…

I am really honored to have been on the winning boat 2 years in a row ! : )

Just for everyone’s information the winning fish weighed 2 lb 12 ounces.

What was close second was the 2 stripers caught that had a combined weight of I believe 2 lbs 7 ounces caught by Joe, he also mentioned that he had lost 4 other fish (bummer !).

Joe I commend you as you kicked my rse out there....not much more I could say than that...way ta go !

Hiro ended up winning biggest fish AND heaviest stringer with one fish (High five !)

A great time and a great day on the water and a great day off the water, it is real ashamed that the fish would not go for us…..castaic is a strange lake, things can go in that pattern for a while…

P.S.
To all those who did not go due to wind scare….the day was AWESOME….not a better day could be had regarding the water conditions and weather !

3 stripers were caught for the Striperbowl….again WOW !...to be honest I expected to have at LEAST caught 3 myself……Dayam !!!!!!!!

I ended up catching 1 LMB and no stripes…other than the striper skunk stripe on my back : ( funny, I didn’t even take a pic of the LMB cause this was Striperbowl and it didn’t seem relevant !

Now to the festivities…

A huge thanks goes out again to Bob for coming up with this event, it started simple and is growing each year and getting better each time..and will continue to due so.

Bob, what a great event this is and I was honored to assist with some of the details and to take part in such a cool thing, and to all that have thanked me for helping and the songs, it was my pleasure to help and perform !.....

Like the Striperbowl, the song list continues to grow as well,
I did 3 songs last year and this year it was 5….
I only performed 4 of the 5 but I did get clearance to play the last after I spoke with the park patrol.

When the park patrol came, there was a small misunderstanding regarding the live music, it turned out not to be the music but some foul language that was heard from another camper….I’m sure they thought that our big gathering was going to be going off like that all night….
Anyway that was all cool after I spoke to them…no worries…

I did have an option to utilize the group camping site up near the west ramp, due to time constraints, I opted for the campground we used.

For the future, I may explore the possibility with Bob of holding this event the weekend b4 or after the REAL superbowl so people may have the option to come up and camp Saturday night “as a group” and we would have the area totally to ourselves and they could stay till sun morning and go home nice and rested..

I will have to deal with an insurance complication but I am 90% certain I can work that out. I don’t think I’ll have issue with that.

A HUGE round of applause goes out to Khanh and the custom KPN trophy lure that you worked so hard on...
Dayam dude, that lure went way beyond my expectations, it ROCKS ! what a great job you did...
QUALITY WORK !
Just so everyone knows, that lure will pass hands each year to the Striperbowl winner.....(cant wait for my turn !)
Thanks again Khanh for donating some of your wonderfull hand crafted lures to the raffle as well, I'm sure it will get the winner on some nice toads !
I say that with the utmost confidence !
I think Bob won one of them....

A huge thanks to Kewlwhip for arranging the giveaway packs, that was a “HUGE” timesaver, I tip my fishing hat to you.
And yes Bob did Shanghai me into being the raffle MC but it’s all good..

I also want to take a moment to thank Gallions corner for donating to our raffle, that was unbeleivably nice and they did not even take part in the event.....thats a great jesture to help....hats off to ya Steve !

The list goes on……great to meet everyone that I had not met before, I hope I at least had an opportunity to chat a bit with each of you, if not then please next time by all means come up and let’s talk about our “fishing lies !” ha ha ha…

I want to extend a thank you to all who took photos and took the time to upload them.
Thats one thing I need to do more often is stop and take some photos so I want to extend my gratitude to all who did it especially phishook who did the nice video of the festivities….thanks..

If I have left anyone out that I should have thanked I do apologize but I will THANK EVERYONE ! for showing up and having fun, that what it’s about….good times !

This Event will surely continue to grow and get better.

I’m sure next year the bite will be better there and if it doesn’t show high potential, I’m sure I can speak for Bob when I say that maybe we will hold it at Pyramid, we’ll just have to make that call about a week to week & ½ ahead of time so I can make our proper arrangements…

One last thing…

I cannot believe we didn’t take photos of 2 the lucky anglers that actually did what we were all supposed to do and caught the only stripers for the day….DAYAM !....what was I thinking….or what were we “ALL” thinking…

One of the things to put on the list for next year..I guess..

Congratulations to Hiro for the win and the other lucky gentleman, Joe, ya laid it down on that day and I tip my fishing hat to you and salute !!!

More posts will follow I’m sure…
Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Bob,

Thank you for organizing the Striper Bowl.

The tough bite made us really work for it. Hiro deserves his kudos. Gary deserves kudos too. Hiro caught the fish on FeelTheSteel special jig.

FishINone

I must clarify that the Hiro actually tied that particular jig himself, as much as I'd love to, I cannot take that credit.

But I will say that you sir will soon get a set of my custom jigs (and teasers !) for winning my striper kit..

PM me your phone number and we'll work something out...

Next week I'll tie them, I gotta take a break this week..

Gary

kpn
02-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Gary,
The second runner up is a gentleman name Joe. He was with Karlow team.

Kudos to You & Bob for setting up the event and Hiro for the winning.

KPN.

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Gary,
The second runner up is a gentleman name Joe. He was with Karlow team.

Kudos to You & Bob for setting up the event and Hiro for the winning.

KPN.
Joe has been noted now...thanks Khanh...
Bob gets top honor in the arrangement field...I just stepped in to tie up a few loose ends

Dayam Khanh..... I just realized something.....I didn't thank YOU for all your hard work on that Trophy....

(I just updated my post)

fishinone
02-02-2009, 12:34 PM
I must clarify that the Hiro actually tied that particular jig himself, as much as I'd love to, I cannot take that credit.

But I will say that you sir will soon get a set of my custom jigs (and teasers !) for winning my striper kit..

PM me your phone number and we'll work something out...

Next week I'll tie them, I gotta take a break this week..

Gary

Hey Gary,

I'm looking forward to picking up the lures, there's no hurry though, I'm not going to need them until the fish start to bite.:LOL:

Hitts0n
02-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I had a blast !! Good stuff T/O!!

kewlwhip
02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Gary! wow, what you wrote was great...felt like you were talking again to the officers :Cool: jk- Glad everyone was happy with their goodie bags! MC-feelthasteel-guitar-fishslayer..how'd you guys do at the "duct" with donny?...THOSE stories you told about the early mornin runs were awesome...then hiro hiding in the dark "i got it!" love my kpn lure from the contest!

fishinone- i wanted that setup- :Wink:

hitts- you made out so good with the raffle...just like your steelers!

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Gary! wow, what you wrote was great...felt like you were talking again to the officers :Cool: jk- Glad everyone was happy with their goodie bags! MC-feelthasteel-guitar-fishslayer..how'd you guys do at the "duct" with donny?...THOSE stories you told about the early mornin runs were awesome...then hiro hiding in the dark "i got it!" love my kpn lure from the contest!

fishinone- i wanted that setup- :Wink:

hitts- you made out so good with the raffle...just like your steelers!

I cannot view the Utube stuff, it's blocked from my work PC...I'll have to find a way ta check it out, it'll be nice to see things from a lsteners perspective....

The goodie bags rocked ....nice work on setting 'em up...watch out...if ur too good at it...it'll become your job every year !....LMAO !

As for the duct, it's not my style to cancel but after I got home I realized I was just plum wore out...I was working on 2 hrs sleep the night b4, 4 hrs the night b4 that and 4 1/2 wed night so I was beat down...from tying jigs and teasers all week.
Unfortunately I canceled....

Hopefully there will be some new stories and not of the "fish fable" type !...ha ha...
I'll be heading out there real soon...maybe later this week

Gotta get on a fresh kill sooner than later....glad ya liked the songs AND the stories....I forgot to tell you..."I fish...therefore I lie !" j/k

P.S.
I won $200 bucks on the football pool at work....Woo Hoo !

kewlwhip
02-02-2009, 05:38 PM
whats yer email-pm and i can fw the youboobtube vids.

I told UncleB that I'm game to do that for the next few years...we do it here for car shows and more...if blackwater puts up the photos, you should see how it looked when we put out everything prior to putting in the ziplocks...even when everyone was adding their goodies at the end, i was like wooahh, EVERYONE is going to make out on the goodie bags! I hid all the GiftCards with the trout pink baits/marshmellows and more... when you think you have a poopy bag, you actually got a SCORE!

hahahaah, nice you won!!!

pwynn
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
it was a great time a really nice day to get to know a new lake. thanks Bob, Gary and Kewly for all your work...............

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-02-2009, 05:59 PM
whats yer email-pm and i can fw the youboobtube vids.

I told UncleB that I'm game to do that for the next few years...we do it here for car shows and more...if blackwater puts up the photos, you should see how it looked when we put out everything prior to putting in the ziplocks...even when everyone was adding their goodies at the end, i was like wooahh, EVERYONE is going to make out on the goodie bags! I hid all the GiftCards with the trout pink baits/marshmellows and more... when you think you have a poopy bag, you actually got a SCORE!

hahahaah, nice you won!!!
I cannot access Utube at all from work and I don't have a pc at home, I'll have to see if I can get a friend to acces it for me...

what title are they under...basically...if I were to search for them in Utube....how do I find them ?

And yes, the prizes rocked this year !!! nice trick adding the trout baits....threw me off too...ha ha

Ray Lopez
02-02-2009, 06:58 PM
once again i had a great time at this event as i did last year and big thanks to Patty for letting me on his boat and for hooking me up all day.

I also think we should do 2 of these a year one for the bowl and one during the spring summer months for the hot bite.

lets show these guys what castaic is really made of.

Once again thank you to all of you for showing up to our home, it's nice to see everyone come up north for a change

blackwater
02-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Kewly is so happy to start digging into the goodie bag!
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/trip5013/P1020863.jpg (http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/trip5013/P1020863.jpg)

holy moly... that's alot of stuff to give out
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/trip5013/P1020865.jpg

Kewly! we told you mr. strippey didn't like gummy candies...
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/trip5013/P1020866.jpg

Who said the fishing was no good? The meter was off the hook all day...
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj51/trip5013/P1020877.jpg

kewlwhip
02-02-2009, 08:13 PM
it was a great time a really nice day to get to know a new lake. thanks Bob, Gary and Kewly for all your work............... a new lake that has proven stripes is always a treat- just happy everyone had smiles after a tough day of fishing

I cannot access Utube at all from work and I don't have a pc at home, I'll have to see if I can get a friend to acces it for me...

what title are they under...basically...if I were to search for them in Utube....how do I find them ?

And yes, the prizes rocked this year !!! nice trick adding the trout baits....threw me off too...ha ha Gary, click on these links below, and you wont have to search!

dedicated to Trout Only-

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1722292942236869403&ei=btuFSci5G6O6qAOmpLj2Cg&q=dedicated+to+bob&hl=en

striper blitz- ALL FILMED BY phishook

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1907655583783246133&ei=pNyFSfihF6L-qAPNyIXpCg&q=striper+blitz&hl=en

-i remember you saying, "whos gona use sparkly marshmellows" heheheeh...

I also think we should do 2 of these a year one for the bowl and one during the spring summer months for the hot bite.

lets show these guys what castaic is really made of.

Once again thank you to all of you for showing up to our home, it's nice to see everyone come up north for a change
All good points Ray- i agree on all accounts...its always nice to make a trip up north for fish!

Hey Blackwater-sweet shots! check out bobs face...do you have the shot with the bonzer lure?
-and what we saw on the finder-YiKez no bites through that trough? i was smiling gummies...maybe nextime i wont troll with gummies through the schools! lolz

breeze71
02-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Bob...thank for a great successful event.

Gary...excellent guitar playing and singing.

You two made it happen!

crappiemike
02-02-2009, 09:39 PM
cool stuff out there!!! way to go you guys!!

cm

Wingnut
02-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Spoke to Phuong (Blackwater) briefly today about the event. Even though the bite was off it seems like it was a fun & successful gathering.

Congrats Hiro on the back to back championship, hopefully next year, I'll try to take it away from ya! :Wink: :Twisted: :Envious:

Looks like there were some cool prizes at the raffle.
Uncle Bob did it again!
The noise complaint & Gary smooth talking the cops was a funny story.
The Striper Bowl will only get bigger and better every year. :Big Grin:

Good to be back in California! :Cool:

Bucket bay
02-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Sorry I miss it guys had to bail at the last minute had some unforeseen things happen and I had to be uncle Dwayne for the weekend, the only fish I saw all weekend was at the aquarium of the pacific in long beach where I took her, there is always next year.

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-03-2009, 03:28 PM
wow ...those are some cool pics !! thanks again for putting the tackle together, like I said...that was a HUGE time saver, last year we had to put 'em together on the fly right at raffle time...thanks again....

AND...it WAS allot of great tackle.....

Dayam !....I didn't know frenzy put out this color below...I like that color scheme.....that white with chartreuse and yelloow should be effective !.........Hmnnn...anyone wanna trade ?
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/FRENZY.jpg

Thanks for postin the pics....nice work guys !

bones
02-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Looks like an awesome party guys. Sorry I missed it!
My ride for the day had to cancel due to a much more important matter and I didn't really want to fish it from the shoreline so I headed dow to the beach and caught my first legal halibut for the year which was nice. I've been hitting the salt alot more these days because it's actually closer to my house now. I'll be hitting up my crown jewel Castaic soon though. Me and her go Wayyyyyyyy back.

Cow Patty
02-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Great event again this year.Early in the morning we were trolling in the fish arm area when one of our rods goes" bam bam" in 80' feet of water. It was Ray Lo's turn at the troll, But as soon as we all look at it, the rig brakes off.( 25 lbs mono) I am sure that it would have been the best fish of the day.Just remember guys, check your drag often, My mistake.( Sorry Ray Lo) Metered a lot of fish but they were ethier down deep, like 150' or 30' on points not wanting to bite.One leg and Ray Lo were great company. We tried everything we knew, from trolling rigs,using my down-rigger, and using crank baits. But Mr Stripy had better things to do. Hope all of you had a great time, I did. Thanks also to T. O. and Gary for the great time too.

Go Team 57, Cow Patty

CAPT'N
02-04-2009, 12:08 AM
How was the water level at Castaic guys? Have then let any water in yet?

Capt'n

Shock
02-04-2009, 09:07 AM

Capt'n

According to Bob, they had let water in.

fishinone
02-04-2009, 09:45 AM

Capt'n

They were letting so much water in on the Wednesday before the Striperbowl that it was shooting up in air. Now I understand why they don't want people over there, it could sink a boat pretty easy.

LateFisher
02-05-2009, 10:49 AM
HEY GUYS, NICE REPORTS I JUST RETURNED TO MY OFFICE I'VE BEEN EXTREMELY SICK SINCE BEFORE THE STRIPER BOWL. ANYWAY I WANTED TO THANK BOB AND GARY FOR PUTTING ON AN AWESOME EVENT, EVEN THOUGH I CAME TO THE EVENT SICK I HAD A GREAT TIME, I JUST WASN'T GOING TO MISS IT. AND KHANH I WANT TO PERSONALLY THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND INSTRUCTIONS YOU TAUGHT ME AND ISAC SO MUCH :High Five: . I'LL WRAP THIS UP BY SAYING THANK YOU TO ALL, I'M SO GLAD I HOOKED UP WITH SUCH A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS !!!!!!

kpn
02-05-2009, 11:39 AM
HEY GUYS, NICE REPORTS I JUST RETURNED TO MY OFFICE I'VE BEEN EXTREMELY SICK SINCE BEFORE THE STRIPER BOWL. ANYWAY I WANTED TO THANK BOB AND GARY FOR PUTTING ON AN AWESOME EVENT, EVEN THOUGH I CAME TO THE EVENT SICK I HAD A GREAT TIME, I JUST WASN'T GOING TO MISS IT. AND KHANH I WANT TO PERSONALLY THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND INSTRUCTIONS YOU TAUGHT ME AND ISAC SO MUCH :High Five: . I'LL WRAP THIS UP BY SAYING THANK YOU TO ALL, I'M SO GLAD I HOOKED UP WITH SUCH A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS !!!!!!

John,
It was a pleasure to meet and fish with you & Issac, and Thank you for the invited. I'll jump on your nice boat anytime....anywhere :LOL:.
I'm just try to help whatever I know about trolling, and there're many trolling master on the board and they're willing to help too.
Too bad you left early. We had a good time with the raffle and music.

KPN.