PDA

View Full Version : Tony Jerkit smoked the California State record at the Fin today1/31/09!

Indo-angler
01-31-2009, 09:29 PM
Tony smoked the California state record for five fish limit today The fish easily went over 60# closer to 70! Certified at the Stater Bros scales. He had a DFG person fishing with him! All on 2# test line!

Probably will be in the local paper tomorrow!

He is the "Master-Coffee Grinder-Jerkit-Fisherman!!!

Congratulations Tony :Applause: :Applause: :Applause:

Just a quick note. I am sure more to come later.

Troutman65
01-31-2009, 09:32 PM
Are you talking Bass ?

Thanks for the post. Thats one heavy stringer .:Shocked:

a biley
01-31-2009, 09:51 PM
no way bass that's like 13# each fish... must be trout

calico killer kevin
01-31-2009, 10:17 PM
How was he fishing them? I'm guessing dropshot?

WJC71
02-01-2009, 05:42 AM
How many did he have to throw back to achieve that weight?
BTW FNF is NOT a "catch and release" lake.
Any violation of club rules will put his "record" in question

Just my two cents

tpfishnfool
02-01-2009, 06:44 AM
Does he still have a Tooth ?? Two teeth tony !! LOL.

WJC71
02-01-2009, 06:57 AM
:ROFL:
Does he still have a Tooth ?? Two teeth tony !! LOL.:ROFL:

I could of sworn they have a scale at the gate house:???:

BigBassFrank
02-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Tony,

Congrats on a job well done,,,I saw the Fish he caught , and the were HUGE..

BBF

WJC71
02-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Tony,

BBF

Don't get me wrong
The fish reported were huge...... Congrats on that
However, lot's of people were catchin huge fish, because they were stocked there.
They were being caught on PB and everything else under the sun.
So, let Tony blow his own horn and not make it sound like :Spam:

tpfishnfool
02-01-2009, 08:56 AM
14 - 16 LB Fish all day long ! Everyone was nailin the big fat loids . Its what they put in for the opener. I myself did not get any big ones but it was realy cool to see this young kid probably 8 or 9 nail a 15 ! He is a fisherman for life im sure !

Ambassadorhawg
02-01-2009, 09:44 AM
The record is not for BASS, it's for hormoned out, sterioded, super jumbo, stubby tailed, stocker trout.

Great job, Mr. Jerkit!

lurk 182
02-01-2009, 10:19 AM
i wonder what the IFGA records (i don't care what the lake/DFG says anyway)say on recently stocked fish. i'll bet there's a rule that the fish needs to have been in the body of water it was caught from for at least a year (if not longer) to qualify. i'm stoked for Tony though, was probably a fun day. fish in a barrel are better than no fish, and the hatcheries and lakes make jobs for weekend danglers who can't stomach another skunk day on a public lake. when you start claiming records though....(which Tony didn't by the way)

samgann93
02-01-2009, 01:08 PM
wait...

where was he fishing?
what are these jerkits???

i need details. haha

DccFISHerMan
02-01-2009, 01:12 PM
I wanna see a damn pic!!

DCCTrouserTrout
02-01-2009, 01:30 PM
I wanna see a damn pic!!

no kidding.

fishfinder
02-01-2009, 01:34 PM
catching big fish on 2lb line takes some skill. way to go tony.
waiting for income taxes and then it will be my turn to try for some fatty's
now lets see the dang pics

Sh1mano
02-01-2009, 01:44 PM
wait...

where was he fishing?

Yeah, what's Fin or FNF? I'm serious, all this FNN code/slang talk makes my head spin at times.

basscatcher
02-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Yeah, what's Fin or FNF? I'm serious, all this FNN code/slang talk makes my head spin at times.

its the fin and feather in i belive palmdale but its a private lake.

fishfinder
02-01-2009, 02:04 PM
It's the name of the club at lake palmdale
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll204/fishfinder_photo/fnf2.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll204/fishfinder_photo/fnf.jpg

Sh1mano
02-01-2009, 02:14 PM
its the fin and feather in i belive palmdale but its a private lake.

Thank you!

Sh1mano
02-01-2009, 02:16 PM
It's the name of the club at lake palmdale
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll204/fishfinder_photo/fnf2.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll204/fishfinder_photo/fnf.jpg

Thanks for the clarification!! (Head no longer spinning)

slief
02-01-2009, 06:24 PM
I was down at the fin today and met Tony.. Real nice guy. I told him I would post this for him.. It was on his cel phone so I had him forward it to me... Sorry for the quality. It was shot on a cel phone and I just redid my OS so I dont have Photoshop installed here yet.

All I can say is OMFG!!!! :EyePop: There are some real toads in there and that is likely not the biggest. I dont want to hear that the pic is a photo shop job cause it aint. While I was sitting there his buddy who already had a 13+ pounder on his stringer was in the process of reeling in another one in the 13# range. Of course they looked like guppies compared to his record catch.

Congrats Tony! I know what bait I'll be trying next!

fasteddie
02-01-2009, 06:54 PM
hey opening day was a blast,but to get there me and many others gave many hours of free time to get the boats on the lake,working with the water distric,and the fnf board was great,time well spent,we all fished,and boats got wet,just a note tony jerk it was one person that gave his all ,in free time as a boat inspector,when it was time to fish he killed them,his jerk its will add a monster to you list,good job tony,

Troutman65
02-01-2009, 07:09 PM
OMFG, that trout looks like its almost as big as the guy who landed it.:EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::EyePop :

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=10117&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1233541393 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=10117&d=1233541393)

jerkittony
02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
ya rt.... dont get mad just being you have to do it from the freeway ok;;; o.ya saturday i got a new state rec....70lbs 5 fish have you did you on 2 lbs i need to see any fish as big as that ok on 2 lbs so ya say what you will its you that needs to look at it .....in til you bet it ...thank for you in put .....bull ****....

jerkittony
02-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I was down at the fin today and met Tony.. Real nice guy. I told him I would post this for him.. It was on his cel phone so I had him forward it to me... Sorry for the quality. It was shot on a cel phone and I just redid my OS so I dont have Photoshop installed here yet.

All I can say is OMFG!!!! :EyePop: There are some real toads in there and that is likely not the biggest. I dont want to hear that the pic is a photo shop job cause it aint. While I was sitting there his buddy who already had a 13+ pounder on his stringer was in the process of reeling in another one in the 13# range. Of course they looked like guppies compared to his record catch.

Congrats Tony! I know what bait I'll be trying next!

thanks for photo .there will be more from fish and game.. was with me all day...taking photo;s

Indo-angler
02-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Are you talking Bass ?

Thanks for the post. Thats one heavy stringer .:Shocked:
No , sir.
Patrick, Tony is a trout fisherman.

Indo-angler
02-01-2009, 08:04 PM
How was he fishing them? I'm guessing dropshot?

He was fishing them mostly with a jig head!

But that is a great technique for the big fish. My brother and I got a 12, 15 and 17# on the dropshot.

Indo-angler
02-01-2009, 08:06 PM

Just my two cents

I don't know. He and the other guy had three break off. I saw one swimming around with a 4" jerkit.

I think he only started fishing at 9 and had his limit in a couple of hours or so.

Indo-angler
02-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Does he still have a Tooth ?? Two teeth tony !! LOL.

No, not anymore!!!

Indo-angler
02-01-2009, 08:12 PM
:ROFL::ROFL:

I could of sworn they have a scale at the gate house:???:

They do, but that is not a certified scale. IGFA will not accept it unless their rules are all met. You can check their website for the qualifications.

As an IGFA member. I tried for a line class record at sarl a few years ago, but then an old "Indo" country man friend of mine Robert Vande Velde got the 2# line class record for rainbow trout. I think his' still stands with IGFA.

Indo-angler
02-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Tony,

BBF

Frank, was good to see do the family fishing thing!

Archie, my grandson and I saw the tub with all eight giant trout (probably over a 100#), he and the other guy caught. I do not have a pic, maybe Archie does.
We did manage to find the big ones by the end of the day.

It was flat out unbelievable what the Fin stocked for their members (and guests)!

jerkittony
02-01-2009, 08:22 PM
just like you to say that. but sorry.... i had a fish&game. with me all day to witness .and to take line ...wt. fish and to cert.... so now what... any more things you need to say ......that one in the photo was 19.97lbs not one was as big as the one i had.. tell me or show me who..did thanks.

Indo-angler
02-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Don't get me wrong
However, lot's of people were catchin huge fish, because they were stocked there.

Tony did not ask me to post, unlike some of the guides I have fished with and gladly posted for.

That's what this board is about...helping people and helping people catch fish!... and jerkits catch fish!

(I was handing out Lipripperz at Apollo Park and other places when Bryan first got started.)

I laughed at Tony a few years ago when he was using them in his unique style, but when he and my brother were out fishing me...

Last year our biggest four at the Fin opener went 40# (I posted it). This year our biggest three went 44#! Almost all on jerkits! The big trout at the Fin love jerkits (and so do they at Irvine).

jerkittony
02-01-2009, 08:31 PM
ya rt.... dont get mad just being you have to do it from the freeway ok;;; o.ya saturday i got a new state rec.... did you on 2 lbs i need to see any fish as big as that ok on 2 lbs so ya say what you will its you that needs to look at it .....in til you bet it ...thank for you in put .....bull ****....

Indo-angler
02-01-2009, 08:33 PM
14 - 16 LB Fish all day long ! Everyone was nailin the big fat loids . Its what they put in for the opener. I myself did not get any big ones but it was realy cool to see this young kid probably 8 or 9 nail a 15 ! He is a fisherman for life im sure !

We saw him from our boat! That's an awesome experience for the kid and great fun for us watching. (Good thing the fish didn't fight that hard).

Last year my oldest grandson caught his personal best at about 9 and 1/2# at the Fin.

slief
02-01-2009, 08:34 PM

Just my two cents

"The cynics will scoff"

Indo-angler
02-01-2009, 08:39 PM
wait...

where was he fishing?
what are these jerkits???

i need details. haha

If you really want to know you have to PM Tony or give him a call.

He is one of the nicest and most helpful guys you'll ever meet!

poolman1
02-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Great job Tony!! I used the four inch Jerkits you sold me the day before and got hit on just about every cast. They do work. Unfortunatly I got all of the small ones out of your way. But, these fish were so hungry they were hitting everything. After we had three fish each, we moved closer to the reeds to fish for bass. We caught trout on 6 inch purple worms and red robo worms. The fish were hitting anything that moved.

CPRfisher
02-01-2009, 08:52 PM
i guess tony quit his weekend job because today i went to the OC swapmeet to get some lures from you and they told me you werent there and werent coming in february :(

seriously.... they were like ya hes always here.....but he didnt show up this weekend... lady gave me your name and stuff .... didnt want to just hit you up thought it might be kind of weird....but anyway......

do you have a website for your lures???

jerkittony
02-02-2009, 05:28 AM
i guess tony quit his weekend job because today i went to the OC swapmeet to get some lures from you and they told me you werent there and werent coming in february :(

seriously.... they were like ya hes always here.....but he didnt show up this weekend... lady gave me your name and stuff .... didnt want to just hit you up thought it might be kind of weird....but anyway......

do you have a website for your lures???

[QUOTE=Sh1mano;303179]Thanks for the clarification!! (Head no longer spinning)[/Q

jerkittony
02-02-2009, 05:30 AM
i was rt here ....

WJC71
02-02-2009, 07:00 AM
"The cynics will scoff"

Cynic - a person who believes that only selfishness motivates human actions and who disbelieves in or minimizes selfless acts or disinterested points of view.

Wow...... You hit the nail on the head

But I do not scoff at Tony. He did a great job. It's his claque that I scoff at.

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Don't get me wrong

Damn, why not let the guy enjoy his day....is it neccessary to try and taint the catch..

thats all I have to say.............

they stock the fish yes....BUT...why don't you go there and see about topping that....then let's see how you do.....

I've met and fished with Tony, he's a good fisherman and the reason he caught those fish is due to his methods, and the jerkit lures... not dumb luck....

My two cents...

Gary

DKCbassman
02-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Don't know you, but screw the haters! It's obvious to me you have been planning your DFG tag along day. Good for you man, Ill take a few baits myself.

Grumpy
02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Great catch Tony. Those big fish were everywhere and on almost every cast. I was there on Saturday too. When my son and I brought in 9 fish and 4 were over 15lbs, I was approached by some guy with no teeth in his mouth that said, "All I need is for you to tell me that you got all those on jerkits" and then laugh with all his buddies saying he was now going to have to cite me because there was no way I caught those big fish without catching and releasing numerous others. We got them on rattle traps and dropshot berkley power trout worms. My boy got a little upset thinking we were going to be cited. I've been a member there for 32 years and never saw that many big fish stocked before. It was a great day.

MAVERICK27
02-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Nice fishing! Yes they were stocked, but huge fish are always a blast to catch! Great job delivering when the DFG were with you. Outstanding!!!

THROWBACK RANGER
02-02-2009, 11:51 AM
ya rt.... dont get mad just being you have to do it from the freeway ok;;; o.ya saturday i got a new state rec.... did you on 2 lbs i need to see any fish as big as that ok on 2 lbs so ya say what you will its you that needs to look at it .....in til you bet it ...thank for you in put .....bull ****....

...j/k
nice fish man!!!

Hitts0n
02-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Pics? !! B.B.Frank:Shocked: sighting !?

vortec_cruiser
02-02-2009, 03:50 PM
To me, catching stocked fish should not qualify as any kind of record.

INDOANGLER2
02-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I lost or misplaced the camera I took of Toni, but here are a few of the ones my bro and caught. I had my PB with a 12# followed by a 18 lbr. Jeff caught a 15, all were caught Jerkits. I don't care what anyone says about catching big stocked fish in lakes, its fun no matter what. I fish with Toni a lot and to catch big fish on 2 lb test isn't that easy but he's got it down.

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/indoangler2/IMG_0334.jpg

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/indoangler2/IMG_0331.jpg

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq203/indoangler2/IMG_0327.jpg

sansou
02-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Congrats!

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a record for heaviest 5 trout....

There used to be a kid on this board who would post 5 serious triploids on a stringer. He really cleaned up on the triploids using Lip Ripperz from the shore....

jbassc
02-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Man good fish but to tell you the truth i didnt really have alot of luck with the jerkits i caught all my big fish with rapala crankbaits.

WJC71
02-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Congrats!

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a record for heaviest 5 trout....

There used to be a kid on this board who would post 5 serious triploids on a stringer. He really cleaned up on the triploids using Lip Ripperz from the shore....

It's a IGFA Record
Member's can submit for the record and only members can see the records

jerkittony
02-03-2009, 12:57 AM
it was for me .. and just me..thanks . if it put a fire in some of your buts to bet it ..thats good . but some of you dont think be for you talk.and yes jerkit's work p/b work's cast master...... lip rippers work. i just dont use them i use just jerkits and 2 lbs test and 4 for bass.that what works for me and im a sales representative for jerkit lures so thats my job . its all in what you use that make you happy .and see it shows it take's one man to have a good day on the lake like i had { for my self and you talk about my teeth} ...just so you know I had a heart transplant on 7/11/04 ok so the teeth had to go .. that ok to im still fishing and any day i can go to a lake that's all i need so its cool talk all the ship you need .... im happy so i dont think it matters any way .... :Idea: you think :!!!: o ya i dont talk **** about any body fish or what they use its all good .i may ----whit them but no all in all it dont matter its all in fishing

Beeracuda211
02-03-2009, 05:50 AM
Congratulations Tony, it was nice talking to you yesterday... I will see ya soon

B/C

the fish taco
02-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Where is this place located??????

troutdog
02-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Where is this place located??????

I'd tell you, but they don't let you fish in boxing shorts :LOL: j/k its in Palmdale off the 14 just past the 138.

TD

StriperEye
02-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Wow!!! That is thee biggest trout I have ever seen:EyePop: Congrats to the gentlman that landed that freakin monster!!:UDaMan: