PDA

View Full Version : Vail 1-31...

Pete Marino
01-31-2009, 05:14 PM
I took Brett out to Vail today to do some warm weather winter bass fishing.
The bite started slow for us throwing spoons and reaction baits... We only had a couple missed chances with those baits so I decided to change it up and slow it down.
That did the trick on this day....
We ended up catching a decent amount if bass throwing finesse baits on 6 lb line...The biggest of the day was caught just before we were gonna leave when I told Brett that I wanted to take him to one of my "Big Bass" spots and see if he could get a donkey. I figured it worked the other day with my friend Justin so what the heck...I thought Id give it a try.

We pull close to the spot and I put the trolling motor down and cruised up quietly and slowly.... I showed Brett where to cast ...he made the cast exactly where I told him to, paused as his bait sank...popped his bait once and then he felt..."Tick Tick"...I saw it happen and I told him "Now is as good of a time as any to set the hook"..Hahahaha so he swung and his rod bowed and the fish slowly began to move from left to right heading for open water. I said, "thats a big fish"..... I spun the boat towards the fish to get over top of it and itmade 3 hard surges before I was able to get it in the net............... 6 1/2 lb Bass in the boat!!!1 :Dancing Banana::Applause::Thumbs Up:

Brett couldnt beleive his eyes when I netted that fish.... 6 1/2 lber to end the day... Very Nice!!!!!

Heres a pic of Brett with his Big Bass!!
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_0151.jpg

Good job Brett!!

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideService. com
(909)510-5679

basscatcher
01-31-2009, 05:26 PM
I know that spot pete andi have seen that fish in that spot before. good job

God Bless

basscatcher

Pete Marino
01-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Im so dialed in out there that I have my bass named!!! This one was Fred!!!!

hahahahaha

basscatcher
01-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Im so dialed in out there that I have my bass named!!! This one was Fred!!!!

hahahahaha

man thats how it is at the pudd for me :)

Pete Marino
02-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Is so close to busting loose. The water clarity is getting really good and its starting to warm up and the days are getting longer.. Spring is within sight here in So Cal.....THANK GOD!!!!

Captain Castaic
02-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Nice job Pete...wish you were closer!

C.C.

Pete Marino
02-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Thank you..

You have a PM.

Pete Marino
02-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Did you get my PM?? jUst wondering...

Hey BassCatcher....you need to get out and fish more lakes then just Pudd.

ZplugJunkie
02-02-2009, 09:25 PM
The baitfish in there is just ridiculous right now they are all over, and the jig fish in the brush is fun. WTG Pete

Pete Marino
02-03-2009, 08:31 AM
about the jig fish and the bait.

Vail has so much going for it. Shad, trees, bushes, rock, points, ledges, wood, dropoffs, etc etc the list goes on and on.....there are so many ways to fish that lake...its a blast and has something for everone...

basscatcher
02-03-2009, 09:44 PM
i heard that the cats up to 40+lb were being cuaght at vail on the jigs last year. thats insane pete.

God BLess

basscatcher

BKULIN
02-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Hell ya, I had a great time Pete. Cant wait to go out again in the next couple of weeks. Take it easy

Pete Marino
02-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Im glad I was able to help you get that big bass!!!

It will only get better over the next couple weeks..

PeteMarinoGuideService .com
(909)510-5679

jase33
02-10-2009, 11:04 AM
hey Pete....is the champion John was selling still for sale?

Pete Marino
02-10-2009, 05:47 PM
I have no idea what John or Boat you are talking about.. haha??

jase33
02-11-2009, 12:08 PM
sorry about that....I guess the same last name thing got me....lol

backseater
02-11-2009, 02:43 PM
Pete
whats your rate for Vail?
two fisherman?

Pete Marino
02-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Pete Marino
02-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Sounds like you donated to me more then once last year when I won 3 tournaments in a row... CLOWN!!!

Nobody here thinks you are funny....a classless shot like that tells alot about a person. :Nut Kick:

Its all good though...Dont hate the player, HATE THE GAME.

Mans Game Beeatch!!!!

Pete :Cool:

PS..thanks for the bump back to the top of the list.....keep up the good work!!

Troutman65
02-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey pete, check your PMs and phone message.

Patrick, TM65

Pete Marino
02-13-2009, 11:25 PM
Yep got your PM and phone msg. That sounds good, I'll call you tomorrow. And we'll probably hook up Sunday night or Monday..

As far as you Justinfeel....yeah okay..Thats what I thought you would say. Like I said, dont hate the player hate the game.
SO what I have done over the last 1 year, 2 years, 3,4,5,6,7,8 years is no good. My resume speaks for itself. My wife and I finished last season in 1st place in money winnings in ALL OF National Bass West!!! That means for every region they have, WE won the most money. But I guess that doesnt count.. hahahahahaha too funny. And I guess that 16 team tournament WINS, 12 second place finishes and over 17 other top 5 finishes to my credit over the last 8 years is nothing either... hahahahahahahaha ..... Im not one to brag about my stats because they are nothing compared to some of the best guys in So Cal...but they arent chopped liver either and when someone like you makes a rediculous comment it doesnt hurt to have the resume to back up my talk and rep.
As far as this year...yeah my finishes have not been great. BFD... But at the same time winter has never been my strong point, as is true with alot of tournament guys.
Since Havasu, I've fished 4 tournaments...my last one being last week at Castaic.....AND I CASHED A CHECK THERE!!!!! :Idiot: 3rd big bass of the tournament...At least know what you are talking about before you make yourself sound like a tool.

Like I said.. Mans Game Beeatch!!!!!!!

Pete Marino
02-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah my wifes coats tails...oh and Guys coat tails too....

I figured it out..you hooked me again.... okay so im a sucker!!!

Del Taco Rules!!!!

mossback
02-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Freshwater tournies are for sissies, you guys need to step up to the mens club.

Pete Marino
02-15-2009, 09:23 PM
To Justinfeel....... MANS GAME BEEATCH!!!!! Del Taco sucks!!! Carls Jr. Rules!!

basscatcher
02-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Yep got your PM and phone msg. That sounds good, I'll call you tomorrow. And we'll probably hook up Sunday night or Monday..

As far as you Justinfeel....yeah okay..Thats what I thought you would say. Like I said, dont hate the player hate the game.
SO what I have done over the last 1 year, 2 years, 3,4,5,6,7,8 years is no good. My resume speaks for itself. My wife and I finished last season in 1st place in money winnings in ALL OF National Bass West!!! That means for every region they have, WE won the most money. But I guess that doesnt count.. hahahahahaha too funny. And I guess that 16 team tournament WINS, 12 second place finishes and over 17 other top 5 finishes to my credit over the last 8 years is nothing either... hahahahahahahaha ..... Im not one to brag about my stats because they are nothing compared to some of the best guys in So Cal...but they arent chopped liver either and when someone like you makes a rediculous comment it doesnt hurt to have the resume to back up my talk and rep.
As far as this year...yeah my finishes have not been great. BFD... But at the same time winter has never been my strong point, as is true with alot of tournament guys.
Since Havasu, I've fished 4 tournaments...my last one being last week at Castaic.....AND I CASHED A CHECK THERE!!!!! :Idiot: 3rd big bass of the tournament...At least know what you are talking about before you make yourself sound like a tool.

Like I said.. Mans Game Beeatch!!!!!!!

you won all that money and yet you couldn't sell me those glasses on a discount man pete. :Rain: :ROFL: hey lets go hit up the pudd from the shore hahaha

goseango
02-15-2009, 10:25 PM
"Carissa caught their biggest bass weighing a whopping 7.12#"

:Secret:

Well here you go..

http://www.westernbass.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=47644&f=2

Got off his bumper bro..

Pete Marino
02-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Hey Basscatcher... yeah we'll get out to Pudd, I just need to find the time....soon though..

goseango...yep my wife can flat out put fish in the boat! Doesnt matter who catches them as long as they go in the livewell. Thats why they are called team tournaments. It was a grind but things turned out good... :Big Grin::Big Grin:

Ryan C
02-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Its 2009 and im seeing donation from havasu all the way to castaic.Well i guess you may do good on a non public lake who is justinfeel? B pointing or R Scneider?

Pete Marino
02-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Mr del taco Ponting!

Troutman65
02-16-2009, 09:42 PM
you won all that money and yet you couldn't sell me those glasses on a discount man pete. :Rain: :ROFL: hey lets go hit up the pudd from the shore hahaha

Basscatcher, those sure are some nice shades. I really enjoy them.:Razz::Wink:

Thanks again Pete for saving them for me. Your alright in my book :!!!::!!!:

Hope to fish with you some time in the Spring. I have only hook Bass on acccident while CATFISHING. :LOL: True story.

Troutman65
02-16-2009, 09:50 PM
look at his tounament finishes this year

Thats just not nice. Pete is a FNN sponser and you could get into trouble bashing / bad mouthing him here. Take a hike with that kind of tude here bro.

Ryan C
02-17-2009, 12:45 AM
lol team del taco

basscatcher
02-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Basscatcher, those sure are some nice shades. I really enjoy them.:Razz::Wink:

Thanks again Pete for saving them for me. Your alright in my book :!!!::!!!:

Hope to fish with you some time in the Spring. I have only hook Bass on acccident while CATFISHING. :LOL: True story.

well im glad you got them troutman65 you probly need them more than i do lol. My pops got a catfish one time while texas rigging for bass.

justinfeel: troutman65 is right you need to becareful on what you say here. it can get you kicked off or in trouble. pete has been a helpful guy here on the board. welcome to the board though

God Bless

basscatcher

Rob D
02-17-2009, 08:34 PM
get a life justinfeel, leave pete alone. I'll take a macho nacho.

Pete Marino
02-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Good job out there on Sunday. You guys did great. I thought I had you beat this time...maybe next time..
Congrats on 2nd!!!

Rob D
02-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks Pete, You guys almost got us. See you guys on the 8th, the big girls should be ready to play by then.

Pete Marino
02-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Hopefully they will want to dance...
Im not sure though..they may still be another 2-3 weeks away from spawning at that point...depending on weather..