PDA

View Full Version : Tri-fecta you betcha!!!!!!!

Vision246
01-31-2009, 08:46 AM
The day off this week was friday instead of the usual wednesday. I think im going to get laid off or something, they have not paid me in three weeks, its like im working for free or something. BTW I decided to go to DVL once again and despite what happened the last time out, I went for the deluxe bass boat rental with my cousin Sidney. The morning was chilly but the day turned out to be very nice and we had a day that was quite unexpected. We found some bait in about 50 to 70 feet on certain spots in the lake and there were nice marks and vertical lines racing through them. Me and Sidney broke out the kastmasters and spoons and started dropping them over the saddles and inclines that had some nice bait activity. Wham!!!! 3 drops three fish on the kastmaster vertical jigged, nice fish from 4 to 6lbs. We managed a few more fish but the bite just slowed.......... decided to move around a look for a few more balls of bait when we look across the way and saw some birds diving near the east dam. The water erupts with boils everywhere, we start the motor and haul As$%& over as quickly as we can and it freakin stops right when we get there. Sidney drops a spoon, I drop my kastmaster and BLAM!!!! double hook-up!!! after a few moments Sidney brings up a nice 7lb Stripper and I bring up a 14lb cat, what the hell????? pretty freakin weird if you ask me, but im not ashamed ill take what ever I can get. The fish seem to move so quickly and we could not get any consistent bites, just a few here and there. My cousin claims there is bait shallow and im telling him the waters to cold for them to be that shallow but he keeps insisting there is. I motor around some shallow areas and he wants to get a dip net and start scooping. Im telling him constantly there is no bait, you should have left your dipnet at home. He keeps saying "Slow the boat down, its like a butterfly!" him and his dumb metaphors. Anyway's the day ended with us throwing plugs for nada. Post Pics soon!!!!

Ifishtoolittle
01-31-2009, 10:32 AM
Sounds like you hada great day Vision246. Thanks for sharing!

lizzay
01-31-2009, 11:34 AM
Sounds like fun, were they all stripers and cats? wasn't sure about the first set of fishes you caught. Great job out there!

goseango
01-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Did you bring your own fishfinfder?? If so what kind?

DKCbassman
01-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Those fish are always moving as you know. Next time, tell your cousin to follow your lead instead of trying to dip. You were on them!

fishtacosmmm
01-31-2009, 02:43 PM
Nice !! Kastmaster is one of the best lures
if fished the right way. Good job!

diamondbear
01-31-2009, 04:07 PM
2 oz. silver kastmaster w/ white feather tail .