PDA

View Full Version : 5 reasons the Cards cover +7

I Rocha
01-31-2009, 07:23 AM
And most likely win.

I have yet to hear a compelling case for the Steelers besides "defense wins championships". I don't understand how Vegas can have them at 7 point favorites after how the Cards have played in the playoffs.

So please, convince me not to bet big on the Cards this weekend.

And with that:

5. The Cards defense is better than the Steelers offense

The Cardinals are facing arguably the worst running back they have seen in the playoffs and possibly the worst offensive line. The Steelers will have trouble putting up points.

4. Hines Ward injury will be bigger than people think

And this goes with #5. Ward's injury will allow the cards to focus on stopping Santonio and Parker, thus leaving Washington to make big plays.

3. Russ Grim and Ken Wisenhunt know the steelers personell

It's not like Gruden vs the raiders, but their knowledge of who is on the other sideline will help them come up with a superior gameplan.

2. The Cards receivers will exploit the Steelers secondary

The Steelers D is great, but the Cards receivers are better. Boldin is healthy and pissed, Beaston is a threat and Fitz, well, he is on fire.

1. Kurt Better

C'mon, seriously though. Big Ben choked in the Super Bowl last time and I expect him to do the same. Warner will be the better quarterback, with better receivers and better o-line.

JIMMY JAM
01-31-2009, 12:06 PM
I like the Cards in this one too. The Chargers repeatedly beat the Steelers in their playoff game with the deep ball. Kurt Warner has some playmakers that can make the same thing happen.

guest007
01-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Vegas will give 6-1 if the Cards beat the Steelers by 7.5. That's a good bet, but I won't be in Vegas place money on it.

troutdog
01-31-2009, 09:51 PM
Looks like the Cards are getting some backing....line went down to 6.5, not that I keep track of that kinda stuff.

TD

Baja Vinnie
01-31-2009, 10:50 PM
The Chargers repeatedly beat the Steelers in their playoff game with the deep ball.

Well...I would'nt go that far..at least not in the game I was watching. But Rivers did drop a couple of bombs and posted some really good numbers against the Steelers D. And make no bones about it, Chambers and Jackson arent even on the same planet as Boldin and Fitz. They're gonna need an air traffic controler for this one.

Cards 29
Steelers 17

hughpam
01-31-2009, 11:31 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09032/945861-66.stm

This about sums it up for me.

Looking forward to the smack talk on Monday!

I Rocha
02-01-2009, 09:58 PM
made $$$$$$$$$$$ on cards +7!!!!!!!!

hughpam
02-01-2009, 10:32 PM
made $$$$$$$$$$$ on cards +7!!!!!!!!

Congrats! We won the 6th!

troutdog
02-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Pitt wins and AZ covers...I'll take it!

Congrats Steeler fans.

TD

DarkShadow
02-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Money line started at +220 a few weeks ago.

By the time I could put money down, it had moved to something ridiculous, so I didn't even put money on the game.

But, special thanks to Dwight Howard and Lebron James for making me money before the game. The money maker?

"Will Lebron score more points than the Steelers?" Talk about easy money.

Despite the win, there were been a lot of unhappy Steeler bettors after the game, since not only did they almost lose, but they definitely didn't cover. Lots of nails have gone missing, after the 4th quarter fans of both teams had to endure.

Baja Vinnie
02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Cards 29
Steelers 17

Baja Vinnie <-------- Eating crow!!! Congrats Steeler fans!! Great game!

COLTS!! In 09