PDA

View Full Version : A couple of nice Castaic bass and 2 broken Crucials

Basstaic
01-30-2009, 05:41 PM
I went out fishing last week at the Lagoon and one of the guys I was fishing with broke his Shimano Crucial on a snag. I felt bad for him at the time thinking what it must be like to break a $170 pole. This Wednesday I found out. My Crucial snapped as I was tying a drop shot weight on. Luckily I still had my receipt and took it back and picked up the 7’2” Medium version.

I took it out this afternoon to the upper lake at Castaic and threw a dropshot from the shore. I figured with the warm weather today, they might have moved back in and they didn’t disappoint. I was only out there from 4:00 to 4:45 and picked up two nice fish. The first one came in at a pound and a half and the second went 2 pounds 10 ounces. The new pole casts a mile and the sensitivity on a 7 foot plus pole is very nice.

http://www.zerolimitfishing.com/fish/fish1.jpg

http://www.zerolimitfishing.com/fish/fish2.jpg

jonshibata
01-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Looks awfully light for being at night!

FishermanStu
01-30-2009, 06:39 PM
you dont need a receipt for shimanos, just take em back

snag
01-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Rod, not pole.

Pole has no reel...as in 'cane pole', LOL.

Just messin with you

Nice fish...too bad the 'Pole' broke.

Hitts0n
01-30-2009, 06:58 PM
nice looking bass!:Envious:

Ray Lopez
01-30-2009, 07:05 PM
good job out there Mr. Bruce

Basstaic
01-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Both fish were caught before 4:30. It doesn't get dark until after 5:00 out there.

I was a little worried about Sport Chalet taking the rod back without a receipt. I have other Crucials that don't have receipts so I hope they will take them back as well if I break another one. They have great feel, but they are not the strongest.

Ray Lopez
01-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Both fish were caught before 4:30. It doesn't get dark until until 5:00 out there.

I was a little worried about Sport Chalet taking the rod back without a receipt. I have other Crucials that don't have receipts so I hope they will take them back as well if I break another one. They have great feel, but they are not the strongest.

F that then im not gonna get one im happy with my Diawa Heartland bass rod

i have had it for years and beat the crap out of it and landed a monster bass without it breaking and fished halis.

i also can cast out just as far as a shimi too lol

poor CC needs to get rid of the ugly stick and move on up to the big boy rods

Basstaic
01-30-2009, 07:23 PM
CC was at the Lagoon this afternoon while I fished the Upper. I am waiting to see if he has something to post. He was fishing with us when both Crucials broke. He was thinking of getting one, but I think he has changed his mind after seeing two snap.

GeordyBass
01-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I was a little worried about Sport Chalet taking the rod back without a receipt. I have other Crucials that don't have receipts so I hope they will take them back as well if I break another one. They have great feel, but they are not the strongest.I had a crucial snap on me too and no ques. asked,paid only $20 for s&h...no receipt...and also,you should use the dropshot medium heavy's...real strong and sensitive...

basscatcher
01-30-2009, 08:26 PM
good job out thier and sorry to hear about the rods.

God Bless

basscatcher

lurk 182
01-30-2009, 08:47 PM
I went out fishing last week at the Lagoon and one of the guys I was fishing with broke his Shimano Crucial on a snag. I felt bad for him at the time thinking what it must be like to break a $170 pole. This Wednesday I found out. My Crucial snapped as I was tying a drop shot weight on.

dude, what are you guys doing. he must have been fishing fifty pound with his drag locked down and i can't even comprehend how tying a knot could break your rod. anyway. i've had several shimano sticks and they've all been great. good to hear the warranty is on point though.

Off The Hook
01-30-2009, 10:54 PM
I broke my Crucial on a striper at Castaic in November. I love the rods but will never buy another one again. The warranty cant be beat but losing a big fish because your rod breaks kinda sucks. I have heard of many reports on these rods breaking. I am guessing one of the trade offs of the sensitivity may be less strength? Anyways, Nice bass out there.

fishindude
01-30-2009, 10:58 PM
I had a crucial snap on me too and no ques. asked,paid only $20 for s&h...no receipt...and also,you should use the dropshot medium heavy's...real strong and sensitive...

They broke? Makes me feel scared now. Owned mine for a month already. I wonder if it will last and if the warranty can live up to it's name. I own the 6'8 medium dropshot rod.

FishermanStu
01-31-2009, 01:13 PM
i have broken shimano rods before and never have i had a problem returning any of them. you can take it to anywhere they sell em and chances are they will exchange it

steve092
02-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Ouch!!!

Good thing you were able to exchange it.

a biley
02-01-2009, 12:58 PM
what the... my crucial has been holding up good!!! knocks on wood

Basstaic
02-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Can you mail a broken Crucial directly to Shimano? Where do you send it?

a biley
02-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Can you mail a broken Crucial directly to Shimano? Where do you send it?

yes you can, you can even save the money and drive to irvine yourself... it's also covered by the over the counter warranty...

gletemfeelsteelgary
02-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Tough break about the "break" but at last it's under warranty and ya got some feeesh....looks like a fun time...congrats,
Gary