PDA

View Full Version : How to cook giant squid?

Re8elmonk0341
06-11-2007, 06:52 AM
whats the baest way, or even how to prepare 'em. I heard you have to soak 'em in milk. Help me out I dont know what to do with these guys lol.

RL-IN-OC
06-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Hi, the way I like to prepare them is, first of all make sure you peel off both layers of skin, it will curl when cooking if you dont. Or you can cut the squid meat into chunks and cut off both sides of skin. You can put them in a zip lock bag and tenderize them if you want, Just use the flat side of a frying pan and give it a few wacks until the meat starts to give a little. Cut meat into small strips, seasoned flour (Garlic powder, salt, pepper) , egg wash and Panko bread crumbs and fry. I also saute them in a pan, with 2 tbs of olive oil, 2 tbs of butter, some fresh onion, garlic powder, pepper, it cooks very quickly, it will get tough if you overcook. Good luck!

SOSO
06-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Go to the Recipes section. Check out Osiito's post on Squid recipes.

xahx
06-11-2007, 11:57 AM
man im hungry! lol that sounds delicious, however i have had my share of squid for this season

Re8elmonk0341
06-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Go to the Recipes section. Check out Osiito's post on Squid recipes.Yah thanx man I was looking around and found that....thanks for all yalls reply anyways!

ONEKID
06-11-2007, 04:57 PM
try the korean / japanese way to do it.

squid tempura - awesome beer anju (appetizer)

get the sauce ready -

korean way - 3 parts soy and 1 part vinegar. (this way is better with beer) IMO.

Japanese way - tempura sauce

cut the squid into strips (the size you normally see calamari appetizers) cut into. dip into japanese tempura egg batter. deep fry until golden brown.

If your using the korean sauce..dip LIGHTLY..the soy is strong stuff. Enjoy with cold beer and it's hard to beat.

ONEKID
06-11-2007, 04:58 PM
If your using the korean sauce..dip LIGHTLY..the soy is strong stuff. Enjoy with cold beer and it's hard to beat.

Wingnut
06-11-2007, 05:16 PM
You guys are making my stomach growl! :wink:

Troutman65
06-11-2007, 11:44 PM
:beer: