PDA

View Full Version : Any Signs of the Water Rising?

Big Country
01-30-2009, 04:08 PM
For those that are there often, how is the water level doing?

The report this week is that the sierra snowpack is at 63% of normal for this time of year. Boy is it going to get rough this coming year.

striper_hunter
01-30-2009, 04:39 PM
the roughest is for all the guys who have really nice bass boats and can't put them on the jewel!! but, the flip side is that it does tend to keep the fishing pressure a lot lower than it normally would be. less pressure creates better fishing opportunities for the guys who bite the bullet and rent a boat, or even cast from shore. I suppose when I eventually get my Ranger bass boat (yes... I will have one) I will be really bummed. but, then again, by that time the lake will either be dry, or full again!! :Rolls Eyes:

snag
01-30-2009, 06:21 PM
The Crystal ball say "Water may be getting put back in the lake in a couple months".

It's still dropping at the present moment though!

I've bitten more than a bullet here lately.....been choking down cannon balls in rental fees.

At least the line is fairly short, LOL!

Tight lines all

TrouTracker
01-31-2009, 12:09 AM
To BC- DVL has stopped pumping water out of the lake, which is good news. Now, we're dependent upon the rain and snow pack for the season. We're expecting to have a pretty wet season this year, one which we have been waiting for for some time. The bad news is that it's going to take a long, long time to get the Jewel back to where we're used to. Hopefully, MWD will devise some type of plan to get private boats to launch. With the current conditions, I don't expect this to happen until 2010..............
Barry A. Ogawa

diamondbear
01-31-2009, 04:12 PM
Barry , Thanks for the informative update on the DVL . You seem to know whats happening on the DVL and we all need someone on the HOMEGUARD , ha // take care , db

Big Country
02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks guys...I was just wondering.

I'm taking a MWD tour of the entire aqueduct system from Havasu all the way to Mathews at the end of the month for work. Should be interesting.

I've been itching to go, but why rent a boat when I have a perfectly good one at home.

Thanks again and let's all do a rain dance because there is no sign of anything going on in the future.

PHISHnutS
02-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks guys...I was just wondering.

I'm taking a MWD tour of the entire aqueduct system from Havasu all the way to Mathews at the end of the month for work. Should be interesting.

I've been itching to go, but why rent a boat when I have a perfectly good one at home.

Thanks again and let's all do a rain dance because there is no sign of anything going on in the future.

You should check weather.com, it's going to be raining by Friday.

RoastedBlueGill
02-02-2009, 08:16 PM
i heard that they found the quaggas in the lake, so now it doesn't matter where they get there water from

Big Country
02-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Don't kid yourself fishnuts...1 day of rain in socal doesn't put a dent in the water shortfall in the state. It's all about the snow pack in the sierras & rockies feeding the Colorado and the LA aqueduct.

A little more than 1/2 of normal snow pack equals another drought year and socal lakes such as DVL staying low.

Kareem Korn
02-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Still dropping, and word is it's closing in march for all fishing. :Secret:

TrouTracker
02-03-2009, 12:36 PM
To KK- I'm not sure where you get your information from, but you should be very, very careful about spreading rumors about Diamond Valley Lake. The general public will take your rumor and spread it around as a true statement. I just contacted the GM for Urban Park Concessions, which runs the Diamond Valley Lake Marina. He said that, "this was the first I've ever heard of this". I would imagine that the GM would know a little information on his own lake? Also, they just opened up over 5 miles of additional shoreline fishing. Why would they shut down all fishing when there's so much shoreline fishing available? It just doesn't make any sense..........
Barry A. Ogawa

PHISHnutS
02-03-2009, 12:49 PM

This is what I was referring to Big Country, rain in the future, didn't say anything about it filling up DVL.

Kareem Korn
02-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Well, I hope it's rumor. I've been starting to enjoy the lake even tho I'm not a freshwater person. But, it's from a solid source. Given the promises to us by MWD reguarding the use of the lake and the state it's in right now and how our little city will benifit from it, I don't see it as boilerplate. I don't want to say the date. If it passes without a hiccup than that would be good.

Maybe it's time to let the cat out of the bag and start to collect signatures/letters of concern to present to the MWD board of directors.

Again, I hope it's only rumor. But.....?

Team Dead Money
02-03-2009, 04:05 PM
I believe the Sheriffs contract is over by March 1st(in which was not renewed) and the concessions lease is up too, so we all will see. I hope not.
Guy Williams

DoubleTrouble
02-04-2009, 12:38 AM
That's really too bad about the sherrif's contract not being renewed. 1 of those guys is a real Richard.

matt duarte
02-04-2009, 08:26 AM
water will not rise untill the new pipe line is built. theye shut down the old pipe line coming from the colorado river because of the muscles.. they are working on a new pipeline right now proly be done after 2010 sometime...but we all know how cali is about making deadlines... cough PERRIS cough..so im guessin the lake will open to boats again in 2011 or 12..