PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon fishng in Hesperia?

Haliwood
01-30-2009, 11:02 AM
I always wanted to catch a dino. Now that I hear they have them in Hesperia lake, i need to know how to catch one. What kind of bait do i use and when is the best time to attempt fishing for them? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Frenchy
01-30-2009, 02:39 PM
shrimp mack night crawler in tht order um no real seaon they are caught all year round know of a few guys who have even caught thm on powerbait i no this becaues i used to work at irvine and saw it

Nessie Hunter
01-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Hesperia is a crap hole right now.. I would be surprised if anything is alive in there......

Good luck, bring a gas mask......

PhisHook
01-30-2009, 07:52 PM
On the columbia I had good luck with what was called "sturgeon candy" It was purple pickled squid. I have seen some stuff at bass pro that was pickled pork skin I think it would do pretty good. Also I was pointed to a spot where the clams would come to the top of the river bottom and the sturgeon would gather their to eat all the clams so fresh water clams would probably work pretty good too although I have never used them.

Good luck

Ps I think (not sure cuz I've never ben) irvine or santa ana might also have sturgeon someone might be able to shine some light

Nate