PDA

View Full Version : Sarl - 1/25

fishrdi30
01-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Just a quick 2nd hand report here, my buddie's fished SARL on sunday & got the big ole skunko again - 4th time in a row... lol

This is just the same ol song n dance..... You can tell by the number of reports on SARL that only very few are catching fish at this lake this year.

I also heard that 80% of the stocking is going to Corona & not SARL but who really know's!
Bottom line is you got to be very lucky to catch fish at SARL this year....

Good luck if you go & please let us know your results.....
*****Oh, just needed to add this report from the lake......I guess they did not talk with any of my FNN friends that were at the lake this week...

"Limit-style trout fishing is on tap for all anglers at Santa Ana River Lakes with alternating weekly plants of Mt. Lassen Trout Farms super rainbows and the Chalk Mound Trout Ranch Nebraska Tailwalkers. Five-fish stringers typically weigh from 10 to 16 pounds, with most stringers having at least one or two fish in the three to six-pound range." sure.....:o)

BigBass777
01-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Yeah I got the skunk the day after Thanksgiving. The 2 fish broke off after getting tangled with other anglers. The Chris Pond might be your best bet. That day the bite was 1 every 1/2 hour. 12 inch leader and chartruese sparkle powerbait (with garlic juice) got them to bite. The bite was very subtle and almost as if the fish bit it then let go. Corona Lake seems to be more productive this year.