PDA

View Full Version : Night fihing 1/28/09

fishndrinknsmokin
01-30-2009, 06:53 AM
Hit up Sarl Wed afternoon/evening to get the lines wet. Got to the lake at 1230 and it was a beautiful day out with a light crowd. My spot was taken but settled in close to it and had my lines wet in no time. My spot actually opened up about 15 minutes in so I picked up and moved the 100 yards down the shoreline since I had done so well there last time. Not to long after getting to the new spot I get a bite but miss setting the hook! :DOH: Crack a beer after that and start to relax when the I get hit again and this time I don't let it get away. It was a small Mount Lassie, around 1#, but it got me off the skunk! I was able to pull the hook with my worm still on so it got redipped in scent and sent right back out! In not time at all the same pole is getting bit and this time it's probably a bit bigger at a 1.5#. Looked like it was going to be a good day/night for me. It continued on like this for me until I decided to pick up and leave for the night around 930. I averaged better then a fish an hour and ended up catching 11 total.......only one tailwalker in the bunch but still a great night at the lake.

Details? Like I said it was a beautiful day....occasional light breeze kept things cool and enjoyable while in the sun. Water clarity was good but have no idea about the temp and the water at the bubble hole was turned off all day. It appeared as if the shore line fell a couple of feet since my last visit as well. I caught all 11 trout on a glow in the dark nitro worm. Some were tipped with a pink nitro egg and some were not but the nitro worm was definitely the hot ticket. I tried nightcrawlers and powerbait early on as well but they seemed to be really liking my nitro worms. 4# test with leaders anywhere from 8-18"......it all worked for me as long as I had the right set up on.

The guy on my right was tossing a green worm from what I could see and left with a couple of fish at 4. The guys on my right moved in a couple of hours after I arrived but were fishing the bubble hole before heading over. They had landed a couple from what I saw but really weren't set up for trout unfortunately. I gave them some hints and hooked them up with some of my nitro worms and they ended up with a couple more but were probably hindered by their heavy line. They ended up doing a double with me and sharing my light for the evening. Lot's of hook ups on my side of the lake......no DD's but good fishing for me and most around from what I could see.

Sorry about the late report but I've been having issues posting a new reply.

CASTAWAY
01-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Good report bro. Nice photo of the Tail Walker as well. We got to get together and hit SARL soon..... Keep the reports coming....:Cool:

fishndrinknsmokin
01-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Hit up Sarl Wed afternoon/evening to get the lines wet. Got to the lake at 1230 and it was a beautiful day out with a light crowd. My spot was taken but settled in close to it and had my lines wet in no time. My spot actually opened up about 15 minutes in so I picked up and moved the 100 yards down the shoreline since I had done so well there last time. Not to long after getting to the new spot I get a bite but miss setting the hook! :DOH: Crack a beer after that and start to relax when the I get hit again and this time I don't let it get away. It was a small Mount Lassie, around 1#, but it got me off the skunk! I was able to pull the hook with my worm still on so it got redipped in scent and sent right back out! In not time at all the same pole is getting bit and this time it's probably a bit bigger at a 1.5#. Looked like it was going to be a good day/night for me. It continued on like this for me until I decided to pick up and leave for the night around 930. I averaged better then a fish an hour and ended up catching 11 total.......only one tailwalker in the bunch but still a great night at the lake.

Details? Like I said it was a beautiful day....occasional light breeze kept things cool and enjoyable while in the sun. Water clarity was good but have no idea about the temp and the water at the bubble hole was turned off all day. It appeared as if the shore line fell a couple of feet since my last visit as well. I caught all 11 trout on a glow in the dark nitro worm. Some were tipped with a pink nitro egg and some were not but the nitro worm was definitely the hot ticket. I tried nightcrawlers and powerbait early on as well but they seemed to be really liking my nitro worms. 4# test with leaders anywhere from 8-18"......it all worked for me as long as I had the right set up on.

The guy on my right was tossing a green worm from what I could see and left with a couple of fish at 4. The guys on my right moved in a couple of hours after I arrived but were fishing the bubble hole before heading over. They had landed a couple from what I saw but really weren't set up for trout unfortunately. I gave them some hints and hooked them up with some of my nitro worms and they ended up with a couple more but were probably hindered by their heavy line. They ended up doing a double with me and sharing my light for the evening. Lot's of hook ups on my side of the lake......no DD's but good fishing for me and most around from what I could see.

Sorry about the late report but I've been having issues posting a new reply.

Good report bro. Nice photo of the Tail Walker as well. We got to get together and hit SARL soon..... Keep the reports coming....:Cool:

Thanks Casty! Just trying to keep up with you and your Corona stringers! I might head out Saturday so maybe we can hook up but if not this weekend soon brother!

saintarv
01-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Good job FDS. Did you do the new hours thing from 12:30 to 11pm for $32? I think that is a good option to have longer fishing times. Man I'm going to miss fishing for awhile. Maybe I'll sneak in a Sunday or a Fri. night soon. LOL :LOL:

fishndrinknsmokin
01-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Good job FDS. Did you do the new hours thing from 12:30 to 11pm for $32? I think that is a good option to have longer fishing times. Man I'm going to miss fishing for awhile. Maybe I'll sneak in a Sunday or a Fri. night soon. LOL :LOL:

Yup did the extended hours and got there at 1230 on the dot. Let me know when you're going and I'll do my best to meet ya there. I'll be taking advantage while the bite is hot.

gavin310
01-30-2009, 10:43 AM
one of the better reports coming from SARL lately! good job out there.

shy_boxer
01-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the report! Glad to see fish are actually being caught! Man I miss the good ole SARL days.

fishndrinknsmokin
01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Thanks Gavin and Shy. It's the second trip in a row for me where I personally landed 10+ fish so maybe SARL is starting to turn on again. Last trip was mostly tailwalkers but this one was mostly Lassies so it does seem that they are planting the fish......albeit no toads seen anywhere on this last visit but at least fish are going in.

Peace out!

FDS

CASTAWAY
01-30-2009, 03:20 PM

Don't feel bad. I won't be able to fish this weekend either. Boss just told me he need me Saturday and Sunday.... I guess there's always a next time...

sorry for the thread jack FDS.....:Big Grin:

calico killer kevin
01-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Nice job FDS. Haven't had a limit there in about a year. (Not including cats) Casty knows what I'm talking about.;)

Seng90806
01-30-2009, 05:41 PM
great job out there...good news for sarl? :LOL:

BanginBob
01-31-2009, 10:28 AM
BB on the wire:

From the pics appears to have been a awesome day! Congrats on a productive fishing adventure!