PDA

View Full Version : I'm still willing to share! 1-29-09

Kimochou
01-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Is this what happens when you post reports with detailed information?

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr350/kimochou/IMG_0214.jpg

There was another guy just past the edge of the photo with two poles in the water too. Seriously though, I don't mind. They were all very nice. Like I said, I'm still willing to share info - good days and bad.

Not sure what this day falls into. Wasn't planning on fishing today, was going to make it a lazy online poker day but I was doing so well that I decided to quit while I was ahead. (I have a double buy-in ahead rule and by noon had doubled my buy-in on five different tables.) Got there at 1:00pm and saw the above at the hot spot. Larry had caught 5 since 6am with nothing over 2 pounds. The other two guys skunked. Larry had to leave at 2pm to pick up his grandson, and right as he reels in his last rod, I hooked up. Since all the neighbors, co-workers, and friends got fish from the last two weeks, I had planned on keeping only big or deeply hooked fish. This one was hooked deep so I kept it and gave the fish to one of the guys there.

They left a half hour later, both skunked for the day and all of the sudden I had the spot to myself again. I caught two more fish both just under the 2 pound mark and both hooked deep. My reflexes must have been a little slow today without my wife there to keep me on my toes. Wrapped it up at 5pm, the 2 fish weighed in at 3.75# and I got a co-worker to meet me there so I could give him the fish - no fishcleaning for me this week!

Ok two quick things. Right about 4pm, some trout started feeding on the surface, rolling about 20 feet from shore. I saw one that must have been 5#. I feel like if I had flylined a nightcrawler, I would have caught a few of these. Instead, I threw a roostertail and a blue/chrome kastmaster for nada.
Parkway lakes closes at 5pm (I thought it was 5:30) and the owner (again, very nice lady) comes by to make sure you are packing up at 5pm on the dot so if you go, make sure to pack up at 4:45 or so.

It was nice to get out and enjoy the sun and catch a few fish. I'll keep posting reports as I go fishing. If you see me, come introduce yourself - I really don't mind sharing spots or what works for me and also learning something new sometimes. I'm thinking something different next week. Maybe Troutslayer can show me an East Bay lake.

BIGRED KILLA
01-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the pics and report.I dont see whats the prob the gentlemen is fishing unless he has to many rods out or they are spread to far.?.... Every one learns from one another no one likes to leave with a skunk.

Bigred

Kimochou
01-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the pics and report.I dont see whats the prob the gentlemen is fishing unless he has to many rods out or they are spread to far.?.... Every one learns from one another no one likes to leave with a skunk.

Bigred

I don't disagree with you. It is a pay to fish lake after all. I certainly don't "own" any fishing spots. I just thought it was funny to see 8 other poles in the water at a spot that was empty before I posted it. Anyways, not really complaining. I don't mind teaching/helping and sometimes I learn something too.

jase33
01-30-2009, 09:22 AM
did he have a 6 pole stamp...lol

troutslayer05
02-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Was that at parkway? The same thing was going on near me too! some guy had three poles out like that. They really need to start crackin down on that.

Kimochou
02-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Was that at parkway? The same thing was going on near me too! some guy had three poles out like that. They really need to start crackin down on that.

I think that 2 poles should be the acceptable maximum. DFG after all does allow the same if you purchase the 2nd rod stamp. I really wasn't complaining about the number of poles as all anyone can take home is stil just 5 fish per permit, and they are paying for that right. Betty and I both limited out the week before with one each so proper preparation evens that playing field. One of the guys with 3 poles is the regular who invited me to the spot originally and he doesn't keep fish unless they won't survive a release anyways.

My post was just a quick report about a fun day fishing and I just thought it was funny that my preferred spot was so packed with anglers. Everyone I've met at the Parkway has always been friendly and respectful so no real complaints. (I haven't been on the busier days Fri,Sat,Sun like when you went so I can't say that my experience is the rule.)

What do you think about meeting up Thursday? Maybe a lake in your area like Chabot, Shadow Cliffs or even Perk ponds out my way?

troutslayer05
02-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Ha well after your post i acctually tried to fish from that same spot as you but i dint have any luck there although some guys that were there a while before me had a nice sized stringer. Im acctually gettin a boat and was thinking about either chabot or los vaqueros Tom. I made plans to fish with a buddy tom. Can you go tom morn? Let me know.