PDA

View Full Version : LNL on 1/29/09!!!

Farmer John
01-29-2009, 07:19 PM
I took a friend out to fish Laguna Niguel Lake for his first time at the lake today. We arrived around 10:30 and had the lines in the water by 11:00. We decided to rent a boat and were the only ones on a boat. There were about 15 float tubers and the shore was fairly full from the launch ramp to the island.

Within 2 minutes of having a night crawler in the water we had the first fish to the boat. I would have started out fly fishing, but heard that the fly hadn't been working that well. So we boated 7 fish for the 2 of us and I decided to get the fly going. Within 2 minutes I had a hit and it turned out to be the largest trout that I have caught on the fly, a 5lber. It ended up being a tremendous day overall. The trout were hitting the fly, black and olive were both working, and I ended up releasing 5 fish between 4 and 5lbs. We caught one fish that was 1.5lbs and the rest were at least 2lbs. Our 10 keeper fish weighed 35lbs but if we kept only the largest it would have been over 40lbs easily.

While at the cleaning station I saw that all the fish were very big. The smallest fish that the shore anglers kept was 3lbs. I saw at least 20 fish being cleaned and the were all toads. One of the, "regulars", said that this stocking was the largest average fish stocking he has seen. This ended up being an epic day with the size and amout of fish that we caught. Sorry about not having any pics, but go and fish and witness it for yourself.

basscatcher
01-29-2009, 07:41 PM
good job out thier. i need to start getting my cast down for the flys.

God Bless

basscatcher

BanginBob
01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Banginbob on the wire:

Sounded like a Bang! Bang! of a day!

Great report! Been waiting for a LNL one!

troutdog
01-31-2009, 07:57 PM
Nice quality fish continue to hit the decks at LNL...hopefully the other pay lakes will follow their lead. Thanks for the report, where are the pics??

TD