PDA

View Full Version : im a newbie

hookup
01-29-2009, 06:52 PM
im new to this site. my name is matt i am 14 years old and i fish a ton especially at diamond valley.

BIGRED KILLA
01-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Welcome Matt, I can't wait to see your reports out of DVL.

Bigred

hookup
01-29-2009, 07:00 PM
yeah went out saturday on a rental with my cousin and one of his buddys. we mainly through the punker and the hudd but didnt get one hit, it was terrible day for us.

lurk 182
01-29-2009, 07:11 PM
those big swimbaits are better for quality but not usually the way to go for quantity. skunk days are a way of life when you're swinging for the fences. singles and doubles are cool too. i've been fishing a little while now and i still usually spend a lot of time just trying to get bit, especially this time of year. now is the right time to be throwing the swimmies though, i'm definately putting in some time with the big baits early and late in the day.

hookup
01-29-2009, 07:25 PM
whats the best way to go during the middle of the day?

Team Santana
01-29-2009, 08:59 PM
prolly carolina or dropshot, IMO

Ifishtoolittle
01-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Hey Hookup(Matt) welcome to the FNN. I'm 16 and also have had my share of the Jewel. There's been fond memories of the Jewel for me hope you can share some of your outings at the Jewel.

-Ifishtoolittle (Bryan)

TROUT SNIPER
01-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Welcome! I'll look out for your report.

BassinPLS
01-29-2009, 10:12 PM
whats the best way to go during the middle of the day?

I agree with Team Santana, in the middle of the day you're probably better off working a Drop-Shot, Texas Rig or a Carolina Rig real slow.

Don't get discouraged by the swim baits. The people who throw them all the time go home zeroed many a days!

BassinPLS

striper_hunter
01-30-2009, 04:05 PM
welcome aboard, Matt!!! I have seen you guys out on DVL a few times.... you guys seem like you've got some skills. me and my brother-in-law have been stalking those big linesides for months. we've connected with some really big greenies, but no monster stripes yet! see you on the jewel!!

hookup
01-30-2009, 04:39 PM
what have you been catching those greenies on?

striper_hunter
01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
we've done well on lil' georges and rattle traps.... I got one really nice bass on an AC Plug on the surface. drop shot rigs and carolina's are working, too. gotta get down a little deeper. we've used some BBZ and Castaic swim baits, too. just keep throwin' stuff until you hook up!! :Wink:

snag
01-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Hey Matt!

Welcome aboard, If you're the Matt I've chatted with and walked the shorline with back in early December, yup! you do have skilzzzzz) Keep up the good work....man!

Look forward to your posts Matt.

Tight lines to you

Jim

hookup
01-30-2009, 08:04 PM
I agree with Team Santana, in the middle of the day you're probably better off working a Drop-Shot, Texas Rig or a Carolina Rig real slow.

Don't get discouraged by the swim baits. The people who throw them all the time go home zeroed many a days!

BassinPLS a so your from beaumont too thats cool i live there too.