PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the SARL Report that was Deleted???

BeMorWize
01-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi Dana (don't know who deleted the thread so I'm writing to you...no offense)

What happened to the report on SARL where an angler got the skunk and alot of FNN'rs had the same story?

I understand that SARL is a paying customer to FNN for marketing.....but why erase something that can shed alot of light for others?

I don't think it's fair (nothing in this world is...) that SARL can lie to anglers, mis-lead them, and because they pay FNN, we can't write stories of how they screw us.

Logically, it might make sense to delete threads like that since they pay FNN...but how does that make FNN look?

So you can do wrong basically and if you have $$$, it will make it right?

YOu know I've been a REG at this lake for ages, as other lakes, but this is the only lake that really cheats....IE NETS at the docks. ONLY LAKE that does this. I still go to SARL because I belive in Change- something they say keeps happening but all we see is the old truth.

I think it would be beneficial to FNN members and even LURKERs to read stories like this, where they say they double stocked and blah blah blah, but when you have 250+ anglers getting skunked, isn't that the true story?

I'm not a biologist, but even I've fished enough to know that if they had been stocked, at least 5 fish would be caught. It doesn't take a "Rocket Scientist" to know that.

What I'm getting at here is that FNN is changing, not for the better either. It seems now that if your paying FNN, no one can say anything negative about your lake and if FNN members do, then we'll pull and delete the thread. Where's the "INTEGRETY" on this?

So it's ok for SARL to rip anglers of 22$ plus outragous prices in the tackle store, but not okay for FNN members to tell it like it is? Wow, i thought the economy is getting bad but FNN also?

Come on Dana, I don't know who deleted the thread but I-for 1, think it would benefit FNN to see stories of SARL....the good and the bad.

Look at the VINE, they got blasted once in awhile and I don't see you guys deleting those threads. Is it because "da Vine" is willing to work with anglers in changing policies etc.... and SARL won't ever change so that's why you guys delete the "negative" posts?

Only got 1 question and I'm off my soap box...

If everyone thought you were crazy and you are the only one that thinks your sane...who is really right? (not you of course Dana but metaphorically)

Meaning, if everyone has the same negative story about SARL and only SARL thinks differently, is it right to say SARL is right and everyone else is crazy? Cuzz by whoever deleting that post...sure made it seem that way.

I hope you understand what I'm getting at. I am in no way blamming you or any editors, just thought it would be nice to have the truth out here when it counts.

DccFISHerMan
01-29-2009, 03:43 PM
I strongly agree with you. It is not fair that just because They Sponsor the site, the site then in return helps hide the negative feedback coming from the anglers!

Fisherman57
01-29-2009, 04:04 PM
I for one have no problem with calling it like it is.

If fishing is lousy, report it.
If fishing continues to be lousy, KEEP reporting it.

HOWEVER, with that said, I watched the thread in question evolve over days into nothing more than a SARL bashing and THAT I'm not going to allow.

I encourage members to report their experience from any lake, good or bad, FNN sponsor or not......and the fact that SARL is a sponsor here is NOT the issue.

The issue IS, you can report your bad experience in a proper way and leave out the slanderous comments.

Here's an example of a negative comment that stays within a civil discussion :

"I spent the entire day fishing, throwing everything I had, trying every bait I had and not even a bite..... I will not be going back until I see things improve as I have seen nobody else catching fish either"

However........Im not going to allow posts or threads like this:

"This place is a shithole, they suck"

My point is............. say what you need to say and leave out the bashing comments. Report the facts and leave out the personal assults.

The fact that they are sponsors here does NOT make them exempt from negative comments, but it does warrant them a degree of consideration from our members.

No one "hides" negative comments. Im here to do whats right for EVERYONE, members AND sponsors. If I feel one of my sponsors has been taking a beating with comments that in no way help the issue, then Im going to do something about it. The issue here was about the lack of performance at this particular pay lake this season....... and THAT in no way warrants name calling and other deragotory out of line comments.

Report your results, good or bad and in a respectful way and the thread will remain.

Wouldnt it be a good idea to also let those in charge of these lakes know your thoughts, personal experience and opinions in the form of a letter, e-mail or phone call? For example, when I have a bad experience somewhere I usually follow up with contacting those who can make a change....... just a thought.

Enough said.

If anyone needs more clarification to this, feel free to send me a PM.