PDA

View Full Version : W.O.N. Tournamnet to be held at Irvine Lake on 4/18/2009

VineAssist
01-29-2009, 03:20 PM
That right folks Western Outdoor News is going to hold a tournament at Irvine Lake. This tournament will be limited to 1500 anglers so sign up fast. The entry fee for this event is $45 per adult and $30 per junior. I am advising everyone to sign up with Western Outdoor News as soon as possible. Once this event fills up it is done no other entries will be taken.

As for the tournament their will be a big fish category and tagged fish. Their will be four categories and they are; Adult male (12 and older) adult female (12 and over), junior male and junior female.
Pick up a copy of the supplement for this tournament at the Lake or in the current issue of W.O.N..
If you would like to sign up for this special event please call Bill Hutchenson at W.O.N. at the following number 1-949-366-0030 ext 29.
Jimmy

MAVERICK27
01-29-2009, 03:47 PM
I read alllll about it this morning! This will be the biggest event in Irvine lake history! This one is gonna be sick! Lets get Team 57 together and camp out!!!

Rooster
01-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Dont forget Jimmy, Campsite #1 and #2 is already RESERVED ... Looking foward to seeing ya this weekend... :LOL:

the fish taco
01-29-2009, 04:45 PM
If you guys think the Masters Qualifing is pack, imagine this event!!!!!!

Jimmy

are you guys only gonna let 1500 people in the lake that day or what?

bluehunter
01-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Sounds like something I need to be a part of. Will look into it definitely.

MAVERICK27
01-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Rob and I are camping...in space #1 and #2 on Friday night! Who's joining us around the fire?

Marley
01-29-2009, 06:58 PM
For $45, they'd better put some "company" in my boat.

really_drunk
01-29-2009, 07:02 PM
for 45 $$ they should provide company!! :Embarrassed::ROFL:

Ray Lopez
01-29-2009, 07:30 PM
$45 bucks for 1500 people = $67,500

the jackpot better be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

or deduct the 22 bucks for 2009 admission and you are going 23 bucks towards the tourney that = $34,500

what is the jackpot for this tourney?

2quikmotorwerks
01-29-2009, 07:53 PM

or deduct the 22 bucks for 2009 admission and you are going 23 bucks towards the tourney that = $34,500

what is the jackpot for this tourney?good question ray

dirty girl
01-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Mav and Rooster,
I'm so glad I have a race that day...dang! 1500 people at the Vine vying for huge bucks? i'm stressed out just imagining the chaos! i'll be thinking of you crazy boys while im running uphill on rocks for 50 miles! Im too much of a wimp for you hardcore fisherdudes! :ROFL:

keepin it dirty,
Dirty Girl

BingJr
01-29-2009, 08:38 PM
1500 Anglers.

F That.

Good luck boys! Hope somebody nails some Cash! Maybe Ill have Castaic all to myself!.. :)

2quikmotorwerks
01-29-2009, 08:45 PM
1500 Anglers.

F That.

Good luck boys! Hope somebody nails some Cash! Maybe Ill have Castaic all to myself!.. :)
come on bingster u know u want a piece of the action , lol s--t i'll be there just for s--ts and giggles

sansou
01-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Grand Prize for heaviest stringer: 1 year subscription to W.O.N. !!! Woot woot!!

Joking, of course. Good luck to all you T57 fishing the tourney! Wear your running shoes and SPRINT to the shoreline wherever the trout truck tire marks are at! :Wink:

Mondo21
01-29-2009, 09:49 PM
That will be one "CRAZY" day! :Smack::Pillow Fight::Slap:I don't want to even think whats going to happen that day! I bet some crazy Sh** will take place.Yelling :Angry:and screaming:Angry: at each other!!!
Good Luck to all who enters.
Cindy:Big Grin:

Rooster
01-29-2009, 09:53 PM
That will be one "CRAZY" day! :Smack::Pillow Fight::Slap:I don't want to even think whats going to happen that day! I bet some crazy Sh** will take place.Yelling :Angry:and screaming:Angry: at each other!!!
Good Luck to all who enters.
Cindy:Big Grin:

Your thinking what im thinking Cindy, That alone along with the private boat launches is what im going for. Who needs a rod :ROFL:

primo55
01-29-2009, 10:16 PM
AM GONNA RESERVE MY CAMP SPOT ASAP!!:Shocked:

SteveH
01-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Sounds like a great weekend to fish the sand trap (SARL).
I can't wait to hear all the complaining after this one.
Combat fishing returns to the Vine.
Let the games begin...
Everybody go fish Sat. and Sun. and I'll come out Mon.
Sounds good to me.

Sue
01-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Dang! As much as it would be a cool tournnament to enter, I ain't gonna go to the lake with 1500 other people.
MLK weekend was too crowded with around 800 people.

Sorry guys, gonna sit this one out.

olfishergal
01-29-2009, 11:03 PM
sitting this one out. that's way too many people for that lake....MLK was a zoo, folks arguing etc etc......I don't wanna go there and do that........also finding out to avoid the 1st day of any tourney there........good luck those of you go.......Hopefully a T57 member will win big this time.........OFG

troutdog
01-30-2009, 12:28 AM
Dont forget Jimmy, Campsite #1 and #2 is already RESERVED ... Looking foward to seeing ya this weekend... :LOL:

Rooster aka shot caller and Team57 "Don" of the Vine :LOL:

what is the jackpot for this tourney?

Ray you gettin bored these days buddy? :LOL: You don't even fish the Vine anymore and you sure as heck aren't going to fish with 1,499 other people :ROFL:J/K Man I hope you do come on out, be great to see you and some of the "BadBoyz" again. I'll let Jimmy answer all the technical questions since thats what he does best, but I have the tourney flyer "hot off the press" in hand and the $45 does include your entry into the lake....although within the flyer there is a small error because it states "Best of all, this includes your Irvine Lake gate fee for the day- a $20 value!" It is actually a $22 value as a result of the fee increase.

Based on what I'm reading every person will get a raffle ticket for their tourney entry. Someone is going home with a new Lowe 1467, Yamaha 4 stroke and trailer....regardless if you catch a fish or not!

There will be 4 divisions for big fish
Adult Male Junior Male
Adult Female
Junior Female
"Prizes and trophies will be awarded to the top five heaviest trout caught in each of the four divisions" I did not find anywhere that said what the "prizes" were or if cash payouts were involved.

Largest fish in the adult and junior divisions(two total) will get their fish mounted by Global Fish Mounts....that is an awesome prize!

There will also be tagged fish in the lake, immediately redeemable for prizes including Shimano Voltaeus rod and reel combos, Sport Chalet gift certificates, Costa Del Mar sunglasses, Irvine Lake boat rentals, Panther Martin Lures, Sea Eagle Inflatables, Rock River tackle boxes, Boot Barn gift certificates, Hobie Kayak ...I wonder what Sea Eagle donated??

Here is the cool part...any unclaimed prizes from the tagged fish will get rolled into the raffle. So you could get skunked and go home with some killer stuff Hitts!

I have two pieces of information that I am purposely withholding on this thread that you may find of value if you plan on attending the tournament...check out the TEAM57 MEMBER section and look at the freshwater section in the "Vine info for Team57" thread!

Hope that helps a little if you are heading out....good luck!

TD

candyman
01-30-2009, 02:43 AM
LoL I would like to be there just to see what happens, man it would be nice to win a boat with everything....

shy_boxer
01-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Good luck to all the FNNers. Dude....I feel sorry for the feesh. Thats 3000 rods in the water. LOL

I am with Raylo on this one "the payout should be huge". I used to subscribe to W.O.N...but ever since I found FNN...no mas.

King Halibut
01-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Damn that's a lot of folks..................

Imagine how many bushes will be "watered"!!!!!! (got porta potty)

Imagine the plethora of radios and the wide range of music you will be treated to!

Where the hell are they gonna put 1500 people?

Normal weekends are crowded enough, best of luck to all Team 57 members who choose to brave the insanity!

Tight Lines,
KH

kewlwhip
01-30-2009, 07:25 AM
ahhhh saweeet! -bonzer...

Mondo21
01-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Dang! As much as it would be a cool tournnament to enter, I ain't gonna go to the lake with 1500 other people.
MLK weekend was too crowded with around 800 people.

Sorry guys, gonna sit this one out.

Wise choice Sue:Wink:
I will be out there this Sunday. I haven't decided weather to shore fish or hitch a ride with"Pargo" (Emilio) He offered to let me aboard his boat. May take him up on that. Hope to see you out there. Cindy:Big Smile:

Mondo21
01-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Your thinking what im thinking Cindy, That alone along with the private boat launches is what im going for. Who needs a rod :ROFL:

A whole lot of cussin' and swearing... But the prizes sounds sweet. Cindy:Big Grin:

MAVERICK27
01-30-2009, 09:41 AM
The ends justify the means! I'll launch the boat and park and chill like usual. I will put my ipod on and tune everyone out...for a chance at those prizes? I'll brave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beware
01-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Downrigger Trolling to get below the traffic...Show me the money.

Mondo21
01-30-2009, 01:28 PM
I think on a boat will be much safer than on shore. What do you Guys think? Cindy:Big Grin:

MAVERICK27
01-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Boat or trampled to death hahaha

Joshua
02-01-2009, 02:46 AM
No thanks. 1500 with limited shoreline access, that oughta be intersesting. Sharpen your elbows. I have been to Raiders game that will have fewer arguements.
If you are going to do this, I highly recommend that you reserve a camp site. That will be you in front of all the people in line. It is $15 to camp. Small price to avoid the lines
Also, I dont support anything WON does. I wont let our new puppy pee on that rag paper.:Soap Box:
The Southern Section of the Sierras will be open then. Rather run up to Lone Pine for some creek action

Troutman65
02-01-2009, 04:31 PM
As I understand it you have to be registered for this event in order to get into the lake. Its a Western Outdoor News event that Irvine lake is hosting. If your not registered you will not be allowed to enter the lake.

BIGRED KILLA
02-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Thats a lot of Peeps.

Bigred

Zombie Bass ATTACK
02-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Its going to be like fishing Newport beach pier in the summer SHOULDER TO SHOULDER!!! hahaha screw that ish!!! id rather fish my toilet for giant browns :Big Grin:

Mondo21
02-02-2009, 07:44 AM
I recieved a newpaper (Won)from the Vine yesterday and if I read right they will also be raffling off a Pontoon that's worth $4,300.00!!! I left the newspaper in my car. They will have tagged fish and will give away all prizes even if the tagged fish aren't caught. How cool is that! Make me want to go now. Cindy:Big Grin: