PDA

View Full Version : 1-27-09

chris
01-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Nator and I took off looking for some bugs and bass for his birthday. We started at the wall to make bait and hit a few bass. Then we went and made a mess of the sea kittens we planned on using for bait, except for the ones we wanted other toothy sea kittens to grab and mangle, they went in the bait tank.

Went to the spot we wanted to fish and had some sandwhiches and beer and watched the sun drop, it was great til I noticed how far off the spot I drifted another boat racing towards the spot...doh. They rolled up and threw nets recklessly deterring me from even staying in the area, oh well off to the populated area to scratch out a few.

We caught a one big one 3 that were legal but had to measure to be safe and threw back 3 shorts and a barely legal that could have gone either way. We caught quite a few sand bass and sculpin.

Here's some phone pictures I'll upload the pics off the wifes camera when she forgives me for making it smell like "fishy stuff", Just a couple lobster

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/chris419/0127091531.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/chris419/0127091532.jpg
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/chris419/0127091657.jpg

HESBROS
01-29-2009, 09:14 AM
At least you got some Chris. Glad to see you back on the water! We can never find those darn macs when we need to make bait! Where did you find them?

chris
01-29-2009, 10:33 AM
At least you got some Chris. Glad to see you back on the water! We can never find those darn macs when we need to make bait! Where did you find them?

We used the old heavy chum in a bag and anchored up at the south end of the wall and threw finely chopped anchovy's til they started boiling then hooked em on squid strips

chris
01-29-2009, 10:38 AM
3 mini's and a bigger one

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/chris419/DSC06035.jpg

kpn
01-29-2009, 12:29 PM
We went out to the west & north side, we end up with 10 bugs.....Are you the one with red blinking light?

KPN.

chris
01-29-2009, 01:20 PM
We went out to the west & north side, we end up with 10 bugs.....Are you the one with red blinking light?

KPN.

nope i was in a 19 foot hydra skiff.

kpn
01-29-2009, 04:14 PM
nope i was in a 19 foot hydra skiff.

I mean the light of your hoop net float.

KPN.

chris
01-29-2009, 06:25 PM
I mean the light of your hoop net float.

KPN.

no i had orange and green glowsticks. what boat were you in? we were next to a davis pilothouse, a striper cabin cruiser, a 28' or bigger sport yacht, and a whaler montuak

BIGRED KILLA
01-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Very nice fresh bait is the best way to do it.Thanks for the the pics and report

Bigred

flyngby
01-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Chris,

Nice job again and sucks about loosing your situational awareness out there!!:Shocked::EyePop:

In My Profession it could have cost me and my crew our lives!!!!!

But in your case you lost out on a better dinner!!!!

My pot of Buggs is empty so hopefully Eddie , Rich, and I can get out to get a refill before the season ends.

Nice report!

Steve

chris
01-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Chris,

Nice job again and sucks about loosing your situational awareness out there!!:Shocked::EyePop:

In My Profession it could have cost me and my crew our lives!!!!!

But in your case you lost out on a better dinner!!!!

My pot of Buggs is empty so hopefully Eddie , Rich, and I can get out to get a refill before the season ends.

Nice report!

Steve

Thanks Steve... It does suck losing a spot but I didn't get the skunk and I didn't let them know where the area I wanted to hoop was.

I live up here in the High Desert and my brother lives on Soledad Cyn. Rd. in the Acton area and we've had some close calls where you guys being on top of your game protected us as well as our property, you guys get 2 thumbs up :Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up: And a Thank you, and a spot on my boat if Eddie and Rich won't let you hang out on the sweet cabin cruiser

Hope to see out there if you make it

Very nice fresh bait is the best way to do it.Thanks for the the pics and report

Bigred

I love fresh bait but have done good when I leave the macks soaking with squid for about 24 hours... you guys have been doing good up north too, Paddy has some nice spots

Bucket bay
01-30-2009, 10:21 AM
good find on the mack and bugs iam having a hard time finding mack in MDR, thanks for the report.