PDA

View Full Version : NPH on foot with my son 1-28

HESBROS
01-28-2009, 08:51 PM
My oldest son Anthony had a short day at school today so my wife suggested I take him down to NPH for some time together. We arrived the first spot about 1230, which was an area Steve and I fished Monday, up from my normal spot. I got two spotties up there, sorry no pics of mine. We made a move to my normal area and not much was going on.....I could see a guy working down from us that looked like John (Klocked) so we headed that direction, and sure enough, there was John. Not have a very productive day from what he said. He joined Anthony and I for a walk down the way to the public dock near the Balboa Ferry and landed this lil butt in short order.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1406.jpg

We worked our way back up towards my favorite channel and I landed a small butt as well.

Anthony and I left John in the channel and headed up to try a new spot that turned out to be dead, in the right conditions it will produce. So headed back to our original starting location and Anthony landed theses spotties.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1407.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm172/ehesbol/IMG_1408.jpg

I had to do the casting for him as we were working in some tight spots, but he did a great job keeping the fish out of the docks.

Thats pretty much is all we got!

crappiemike
01-28-2009, 09:03 PM
its all good .... nice catch you guys...

cm

ghetto dad
01-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Great job brother.....thanks man

GD

BIGRED KILLA
01-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Very nice thanks for the pics and report.

Bigred

supasportkid
01-28-2009, 09:51 PM
nice job on foot! good lookin spotties

Wingnut
01-28-2009, 11:39 PM
Good looking Spotties, sounds like a really nice day to work the harbor on foot. I think I'm going to try to make it down there in the next couple of weeks. :Cool: Thanks for the report.

flyngby
01-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Anthony, Eddie, and John,

Glad to see you all out there together whether it was planned or not!!!!:Envious:

John, Enough of the NPH pancakes lets see the legal I know you are capable of!!! Joking, Glad to see you got some time on the water!!!!!:Big Grin:

Anthony, Great job on your first Spottie's. After watching you work the water on my boat I knew it was just a matter of time and you did it on your return trip!!!!!:Thumbs Up:

And to my partner I am jealous that again you are spending more time in my fishing hole than I get to these days. 16 days and counting down!!!!!!:EyePop:

Steve

CPRfisher
01-29-2009, 07:53 PM
way to go on the fish. I was down their that day as well with one of my friends. he fished off his tube and only caught 2 spotties and 1 sand bass in three hours. Seemed to be a pretty slow day. 2 of those fish came from deep water and he said he got the most bites in deep water. He said all 3 were dinks. if you want to exchange some areas or tips let me know. we usually go in float tubes but do occasionally shore fish.

HESBROS
01-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Anthony, Eddie, and John,

Glad to see you all out there together whether it was planned or not!!!!:Envious:

John, Enough of the NPH pancakes lets see the legal I know you are capable of!!! Joking, Glad to see you got some time on the water!!!!!:Big Grin:

Anthony, Great job on your first Spottie's. After watching you work the water on my boat I knew it was just a matter of time and you did it on your return trip!!!!!:Thumbs Up:

And to my partner I am jealous that again you are spending more time in my fishing hole than I get to these days. 16 days and counting down!!!!!!:EyePop:

Steve

Its your fault mister, you took me there and got me on my first Spottie! You can be jealous when you come home from work and wonder where your boat is! Hmmmm, I think it is calling to me that it misses NPH while your at work!

HESBROS
01-29-2009, 09:32 PM
way to go on the fish. I was down their that day as well with one of my friends. he fished off his tube and only caught 2 spotties and 1 sand bass in three hours. Seemed to be a pretty slow day. 2 of those fish came from deep water and he said he got the most bites in deep water. He said all 3 were dinks. if you want to exchange some areas or tips let me know. we usually go in float tubes but do occasionally shore fish.

I will consider it, but, you must get clearance from "Flyngby" since he is the one that hooked me up and it is his grounds as far as I am concernered. Any info wont be be till after Feb 6th!

klocked
01-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Eddie and Anthony, it was nice meeting you two down there. Good job on those Spotties!! No more fish for me that day as I had to head home soon after we parted ways.

MAVERICK27
01-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Man I gotta get off my butt and get down there. I live so close and I know the area..no excuse. Maybe I need to go with a veteran NPH guy.....

Great job!! Looks like very quality time with the boy, I like to see that!!!

flyngby
01-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Man I gotta get off my butt and get down there. I live so close and I know the area..no excuse. Maybe I need to go with a veteran NPH guy.....

Great job!! Looks like very quality time with the boy, I like to see that!!!

Your time will come soon there Mav!!!

And time will fly and the little ones will get to join in on the fun!!!!!

Steve

CPRfisher
02-01-2009, 09:29 PM
"I will consider it, but, you must get clearance from "Flyngby" since he is the one that hooked me up and it is his grounds as far as I am concernered. Any info wont be be till after Feb 6th!"

for sure no prob. is this tourney private or anybody could join. I fished the plastic navy newport tourney last year and placed 32 out of about 140 people. would have done better but wasted 2 hours paddleing to the weigh boat with my first 5 and ended up having to stay in that area. Next year i might rent a yak. )